Status: Transfer from my Quizilla account is complete

The Way It Played Out

Chapter 6

“Did you just say that getting hitched is a good idea?” Mike asked as we all gaped at Bill, questioning his sanity.
“Yeah.” Bill said excitedly, sitting up. “What if it was fake? Just a way to keep the tabloids off my back?”
Everyone else looked stunned, but I could see the logic and slowly nodded.
“All you’d need is a willing girl, some shiny rings, and a little PDA.” I said slowly, nodding. “It wouldn’t be hard- just tell the first tabloid that spots the ring it was a small, friends-only wedding you kept under wraps to avoid the paparazzi.”
Everyone was staring at the two of us now like we’d lost our minds. Like they were just waiting for us to get up and run around screaming about it raining rubber chickens or something.
Bill looked at me, and I knew that look- I’d seen it right before we’d wound up as friends with benefits and fuck buddies. I knew exactly what was coming.
“Wanna try it?” He grinned crookedly.
I thought about it as the guys looked back in forth between us in shock. “I dunno.” I said slowly. “What if one of us meets someone?”
“Then we get a divorce.” Bill grinned wickedly, and I laughed.
“I’m in.”

Later on, Bill and I were awake on the bus, long after the others had gone to sleep. We were sitting on the couch, watching Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
“I’m a little surprised you agreed to this whole fake wedding thing.” Bill admitted, grinning at me.
“Well, I already live with you, and since we’re always together, nobody can accuse you of cheating.” I grinned. “And now we don’t have to sneak this as much.” I reminded him, kissing him. Of course it got heated quickly.

The next day, Bill left early and came back with two rings. They were silver and simple, mine had a small sapphire on it. I found it breathtakingly beautiful.
“Marry me?” Bill grinned, sweetly holding out the open box.
I laughed and hit him on the head. “I already said ‘yes’, you dweeb.”
There were many sarcastic ‘aww’s from everyone who’d been there during our discussion last night, but the Butcher dropped his doughnut in shock and Michael choked on his orange juice. The rest of us had a good laugh and told them what happened.
“Should we tell Gabe and Vicky?” Bill asked.
“I kinda want to wait for them to see a tabloid and freak on us first. That reaction’ll be spectacular.” I grinned wickedly, and Pete hugged me.
“I love you, you warped, twisted child.” Pete grinned, ruffling my hair.
“Love you, too, Pete.” I laughed, squirming out of his hold.

At the venue that night, I sat on Bill’s lap, as usual, his arms around my waist. This time, he was a lot more flirty, though, and everyone was aware that the media employees were staring at us, wide-eyed from the pit in front of the stage where they were setting up their equipment.
“Look at their faces.” Pete muttered to me after Bill sweetly kissed me goodbye and sauntered onstage for his set.
I grinned, nodding at him. “I think it’s the best thing I’ve ever seen.”
Pete laughed, ruffling my hair, then left me to watch my husband’s best friend’s set.

“Are you engaged? How long have you been together?” Asked one of the MTV people who’d had a backstage pass. He’d hunted us down right after the TAI set and was interrogating us.
“We’re married.” I said shyly, and Bill smiled at me sweetly, staring into my eyes as if he were lost. I smiled back, acting slightly shy in front of the camera.
“Oh! When was the wedding?” the reporter asked, shocked.
“May 17.” Bill replied, glancing at the reporter and grinning, gently squeezing my shoulders. “It was small, very hush hush.”
“Well, congratulations.” The reporter said.
“Can we get a kiss for the camera?”
I looked up at Bill, shyly biting my lip, and he leaned in to kiss me. I kissed back, and we made it nice and sweet for the camera. When we pulled away, I blushed and looked down, then glanced shyly up at Bill, who smiled at me and brushed some of my hair away from my face.
“How adorable.” The reporter said kindly, then walked away.
We watched him go for a minute, then high fived.
“You know, that was almost scary believable.” Pete remarked, raising his eyebrows at us.
“I aced drama in high school.” I grinned crookedly at him.
“I knew you were a drama queen!” Bden yelled, and the guys snickered while I rolled my eyes.
“I’ve heard that before.” I grinned, and his face fell.

Bill and I had taken to walking around hand in hand, acting all cutesy and coupley when we weren’t on the bus with the guys. If we thought we saw a camera, we kissed.
Sometimes they were cute & on the cheek, sometimes they were sweet, sometimes they were heavy makeout sessions. It depended on how we were feeling.
“You two are really good at that.” Mike observed one day, after we’d made out in the line of sight of a TMZ camera.
“It’s kissing, it’s not that hard.” I teased, sticking my tongue out at him. Then I blew a bubble with my gum.
“Thief.” Bill muttered, pulling out a new piece for himself.
“That’s disgusting.” Sisky scrunched up his face, shaking his head.
“What is?” Asked Michael, looking up from his discussion with the Butcher.
“She stole his gum when they made out!”
“Ew.” Michael scrunched up his face.
“Exactly!” Sisky yelled.
“Go Maya.” Snickered the Butcher, and I winked at him.
“Don’t encourage the klepto.” Bill grumbled, making me laugh.
||You can't keep my brother, and you won't fuck my friends||