Sweeny Todd

13

It has been days since Sweeney, Azrael and Mrs. Lovett were kidnapped. In addition, it has been days since Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett were stuck in a cell that was in the Governor's basement. Moreover, for these long periods of days, Sweeney has been trying to figure out every way possible to get out of this cell and try to find Azrael, he was terrified that she was harmed or even worse raped. And this only boiled his anger even more, he didnt want Azrael to turn out like Lucy. He didnt want Azrael to hate herself so much that the only thing she had to turn to was suicide, but deep down he knew that she was stronger than that. But it terrified him to think of the things that she might have been going through, what has the governor been doing to her? Is she even alive anymore? Does she hate him for not protecting her? All these thoughts were racing in Sweeney's head and what made things worse was the fact that he didnt know a damn thing that was going on. Mrs. Lovett sighed knowing that having Azrael around would cause this and knew that eventually that young woman would cause them all to be sent to their early deaths. She started resenting Azrael even more for bringing her problems into her and Sweeney's life and grew even angrier with the fact that Sweeney was so hell bent on finding her and getting to her.
However, as she watched the man she loves so much before her pace back and forth trying to figure out a way to get out of their cell to save another woman. "Mr. T, enough with the pacing. It's not going to help Mrs. Rowena and you know that." Sweeney was full of rage his hands clenched tightly causing his knuckles to turn white, he gritted his teeth thinking of the things the Governor could be doing to his Azzie, and it only brought forth more rage. "We have to get out of here! The things he could be doing to her! We dont even know if she's bloody alive!" he shouted. Mrs. Lovett sighed and then rose up and placed her hand on his shoulders. "Mr. T this is not worth your strife's, your right she may be as good as dead" Sweeney then ripped himself away from her giving her a very dangerous glare. "She's not dead! If she is I swear I will create hell for any man who has harmed her!" he shouted. Mrs. Lovett sighed and slowly shook her head. "Mr. T you have to expect there may be a chance that she is gone I mean we have no clue what kind of things the Governor has done to her" Sweeney sighed, hoping and believe it or not praying that Azrael was ok. All he wanted to do was just see her, touch her, know that she was ok, know that she isnt gone because he didnt know what he would do if she was gone too he just didnt just then four henchmen stormed down the stairs and then walked up towards the cell smirking at Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett. "Come you two you have an appointment with the Governor." One of them said in a snide tone.
Sweeney quickly walked up to the bars and growled out of anger as he placed his hands on the bars. "WHERE IS SHE?!? WHERE IS AZRAEL!?!" the henchmen quickly stepped back seeing how angry Todd is, but then smirked at him. "Oh you will see her soon enough but first" he then pulled pull out some irons for Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett giving them a conniving smirk. "You must put on these lovely bits of jewelry ere before you see said lady." Mrs. Lovett then frowned. "Why do we need to be cuffed to see Mrs. Rowena?" she asked actually worried for the girl. The henchman smirked and then pulled out his keys. "It's to make sure you two dont run away or do anything stupid." He then placed the key into the lock and turned it causing the door to become unlocked.
Neither Sweeney nor Mrs. Lovett could do anything since they had guns aiming towards them so they willing allowed them to place the irons on their wrists and were dragged out of the cell. The henchmen forced them up the stairs and then shoved them towards the room Azrael was in. Once they had, they opened the door to show that there was nothing but darkness within the room. Only the moonlight had shown a bit of light within the room but not enough to show the entire room. The henchmen then shoved Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett into the room and then forced them to stand against a wall and have the chain of their irons to be hooked into a hook in the wall so they could escape.
Once they knew that Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett couldnt escape they then lit a couple of candles to light up the room and once the room was fully lit they couldnt help but gasp to see Azrael chained to the floor laying on her stomach with her face into the floor, while the henchmen left. Sweeney tried to break away from the hook and move towards her but it didnt work. "AZZIE!" he shouted. But Azrael didnt move, Mrs. Lovett actually had tears in her eyes and couldnt help but feel remorseful. "My God they killed her." She whispered. Just then they heard a grim chuckle come out of the shadows. "Oh no she's not dead my dear she's fully alive, only unconscious at the moment." Demetrious muttered as he walked out of the shadows. Sweeney gritted his teeth trying to break out of the chains. "YOU SON OF A BITCH I'LL KILL YOU! YOU HEAR ME I'LL KILL YOU!" he shouted. The Governor then chuckled and then slowly walked up towards Azrael.
"We shall see Mr. Todd. After all it seems that I have the upper hand here." He said grimly.
Just then, Azrael regained consciousness and slowly placed her hands on the floor and tried to pull herself up, but cried out in pain. This quickly caught Sweeney's attention and looked at her with a very concerned look on his face.
"Azzie! Azzie it's me Sweeney! Look at me Azzie Please!" he begged.
Azrael slowly looked over at them as she tried to push herself up again.
"Sweeney?" she asked weakly.
Sweeney saw the bruises on her body and wanted nothing but to slit the governors throat right at this minute for doing this to her, the governor chuckled at the seen between the two and then moved up towards Azrael. "You see Mr. Todd I always get what I want" he then took out a knife and ripped the back of her dress as she softly sings to herself, knowing what he was going to do next. He was going to rape her in front of them.
"Stoplight, lock the door. Don't look back. Undress in the dark, And hide from you, All of you. You'll never know the way your words have haunted me. I can't believe you'd ask these things of me. You don't own me. No one will ever"
once he heard her mutter these words he quickly ripped her up off of the ground and then slammed her against the wall singing in a very grim tone.
"You belong to me, my snow white queen. There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over. Soon I know you'll see, You're just like me. Don't scream anymore my love, 'cause all I want is you."
And with that he slammed her into the ground, causing Sweeney to fight even more out of his hold while Mrs. Lovett stared in shock. Azrael then started to sing softly to herself once again.
"Wake up in a dream. Frozen fear. All your hands on me. I can't scream I can't escape the twisted way you think of me. I feel you in my dreams and I don't sleep."
Demetrious then forcefully moved her onto her back her dress practically ripped off and pinned her down onto the ground with her arms pinned up above her head and once again sang in that deadly grim tone.
"You belong to me, my snow white queen. There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over. Soon I know you'll see, You're just like me. Don't scream anymore my love, 'cause all I want is you."
He then smirked knowing that she won't move and then rose up to his feet and started to unbuckle his belt. As Azrael gently moved her arms down, she noticed that one of the bolts that held her chains were becoming loose on the floor, so she then looked up at Demetrious not letting him know her new discovery and softly sang.
"I can't save your life, though nothing I bleed for is more tormenting. I'm losing my mind and you just stand there and stare as my world collides."
And with that she ripped her arm forcefully away from the floor causing the chain to break free and wrap around the Governors neck, the chain choking him. Azrael quickly rose up onto her feet and roughly yanked the chain causing the governor to fall down onto his knees, while Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett stared at her in shock. Azrael then mockingly sang back to the Governor while she roughly yanked the chain again.
"You belong to me, my snow white queen. There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over. Soon I know you'll see, You're just like me. Don't scream anymore my love, 'cause all I want is you."
And with one more rough yank from her chain she caused the Governor to collapse into unconsciousness.
Once Azrael knew that he was out, she then gently moved towards him and found the key to unlock herself; once she was free, she weakly walked up towards Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett. "Azzie! Azzie are you aright?!?" Sweeney asked worriedly. Azrael looked as if her life was ripped out of her, there was no sparkle in her eyes anymore nor did her face hold that pretty smile he enjoyed so much. He knew that Azrael was tortured while she was here and couldnt help but have his heartbroken to see her broken like this. "I'm alright." She said weakly as she unlocked the cuffs on Sweeney and on Mrs. Lovett. Mrs. Lovett then rushed over and hugged her "my God I thought you were dead! The way you were laying on that floor I thought" Azrael then cuts her off giving the woman before her a faint smile. "I'm ok," she once again said weakly. Sweeney then gently pulled Azrael away from Mrs. Lovett and pulled her into a tight embrace. "I thought I lost you," he whispered as Azrael clenched her hands into his vest and hid her face into his chest as tears started to roll down her cheeks. Sweeney held her tightly against him and then gently rested his chin on top of her head, while Mrs. Lovett stared at them both heartbrokenly. "shhhh dont cry Azzie I'm going to kill him alright luv? Just dont cry no more I won't let him ever touch you again never ever again" Azrael then gently shook her head and then pulled back to look into Sweeney's eyes. "No I want to do it this man terrorized my life and it's time that him to see what sort of terror he has put me through" she said softly as she gently pulled out Sweeney's blade out of its holster. "Let me do the deed." She said with a look of malice on her face. Sweeney sighed and then gently kissed her forehead and nodded. "Alright" he said softly, Azrael gave him a menacing smirk and then gently turned to look back at the unconscious governor.
As the governor woke, he found himself sitting in a chair with his body wrapped around in chains making it impossible for him to escape. He tried to pull himself out of the chains but it was a no go, he then heard a menacing feminine chuckle and suddenly became very worried "dont fret you poor sweet innocent thing you wont be living long enough to have any fears." The governor quickly moved his head side to side trying to find the voice. "WHO GOES THERE!?! RELEASE ME THIS INSTANT!" he shouted. Azrael then chuckled again "Sorry Demetrious but it's time you receive some of your own medicine." She said darkly as she walks out of the shadows with Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett behind her. The Governor's eyes widened in fear when he noticed the glinting razor blade in Azrael's hand "YOUR MAD!" he shouted. Azrael then sadistically grinned and him and then gently shook her head. "Oh no I'm not mad, I'm having my revenge!" The governor then started to panic. "YOU HAVE GONE COMPLETELY INSANE!" he shouted. Azrael once again chuckled and walked up to him and starts to sing.
"It's true; we're all a little insane. But it's so clear, Now that I'm unchained"
She then starts to circle him while Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett just stands back and watches her.
"Fear is only in our minds, taking over all the time. Fear is only in our minds but it's taking over all the time."
Azrael is now behind the Governor, grabs his hair, rips his head back, and places the blade against his neck.
"You poor sweet innocent thing. Dry your eyes and testify. You know you live to break me. Don't deny. Sweet sacrifice."
She then roughly let's go of his head and then moves up in front of him and kneels down so she can be eye level with him.
"One day I'm gonna forget your name, And one sweet day, you're gonna drown in my lost pain."
She then rises up and walks up to the side of him and rips his head back so he can look at her.
"Fear is only in our minds, taking over all the time. Fear is only in our minds but it's taking over all the time."
The governor sees the look of madness in her eyes and feels her roughly let go of him; Azrael then moved up behind him and places the blade once again against his neck.
"You poor sweet innocent thing. Dry your eyes and testify. And oh you love to hate me don't you, honey? I'm your sacrifice."
She then removes the blade from his neck and then whispers in his ear having a sadistic smirk on her face.
"I dream in darkness I sleep to die, Erase the silence, Erase my life, Our burning ashes Blacken the day, A world of nothingness, Blow me away."
She then rips his head back once more for him to look at her.
"Do you wonder why you hate? Are you still too weak to survive your mistakes?"
She then roughly let's go of him once more and then rises up and then moves up behind him and then force full pulls his head back.
"You poor sweet innocent thing. Dry your eyes and testify. You know you live to break me. Don't deny. Sweet sacrifice."
And with that she placed the blade against his neck and did a quick slice across his neck causing him to bleed to death. Once Azrael knew that he was officially dead she just stared at his limp body feeling herself let go of the blade and hearing it clanging onto the ground thinking of all the people this man tortured, thinking of the revenge she finally received for her husband and child, it was finished it's done she did it. She then felt two strong arms wrap around her causing her to softly move herself to look back at the owner of those arms and saw that it was Sweeney, Azrael then gently hid her face into his chest and started to cry. Sweeney hugged her tightly as Azrael sobbed into his chest "shhh it's ok Azzie he's gone he'll never harm you again shhh dont cry." Azrael then gently pulled back to look at him but then fainted into his arms. Sweeney held her tightly against him and gently lifted her up bridal style then looked over at Mrs. Lovett "Grab the blade we're going home" Mrs. Lovett slowly nodded knowing officially now that she will never receive Sweeney's love for his heart was falling for another. In a way, she wanted to hate Azrael for doing this to him but at the same time she couldnt help but feel horrible for the poor girl. So Mrs. Lovett gently picked up the blade and followed Sweeney home.
Once they got there, Sweeney completely ignored Mrs. Lovett, carried Azrael upstairs into his room, gently laid Azrael down into his bed, softly moved some hair away from her face, and started down at her. He knew that what she had done was probably the most bravest thing she has ever done, he couldnt help but care for this woman but wondered if this feeling he had for her was more, was it love? Or was it something else? Did she love him? They never discussed this feeling before but as he stared down her he then softly started to sing.
"I've been looking in the mirror for so long. That I've come to believe my soul's on the other side. All the little pieces falling, shatter. Shards of me, too sharp to put back together. Too small to matter, but big enough to cut me into so many little pieces. If I try to touch her, and I bleed, I bleed, and I breathe, I breathe no more."
He then gently walks away from her and walks up to his mirror and stares at his reflection.
"Take a breath and I try to draw from my spirits well. Yet again, you refuse to drink like a stubborn child. Lie to me; convince me that I've been sick forever. And all of this will make sense when I get better."
He then looks back at her sleeping form and continues to sing feeling tears stinging his eyes.
"But I know the difference, between myself and my reflection. I just can't help but to wonder, which of us do you love. So I bleed, I bleed, and I breathe, I breathe no..."
He then gently walks back up to Azrael and then lays down beside her and wraps his arms around her waist and holds her tightly against him as he softly sings to her.
"Bleed, I bleed, And I breathe, I breathe, I breathe- I breathe no more"
And with that he fell into a darkness of sleep knowing that she was safe in his arms.