‹ Prequel: Seize The Day
Status: Complete

Unbound (The Wild Ride)

((20))

Normal POV

It's been a week since Sasha has been in the hospital.

She's been in and out of consciousness for the past three days.

She hasn't been lucid enough to talk to us, but she's opened her eyes a few times.

Me, Brian, and Jonathan have been camped out in Sasha's room since the first day.

I won't leave her side.

Ever since Jonathan spilled the beans about him getting Sasha pregnant, he hasn't left either.

I had to literally kick him out yesterday, so he could go home, take a shower, and put on a fresh pair of clothes.

He wasn't started to smell a little nasty.

After Jonathan came back, he did the same to me.

That was probably the quickest shower I've ever taken.

I walked through the door of the hospital room.

I couldn't help but feel a shudder go through me, each time I entered this place.

Hospitals always give me an eery feeling.

Ever since I was a little kid.

I sat down in my regular chair, situated on the right side of Sasha's bed.

My chair used to be on the left, but Jonathan kicked me out of that one.

I let it slide cause I know he's worried about her.

As many times as I've tried to tell him otherwise, he's still blaming himself for putting Sasha in this situation.

Damn him for being such a noble guy.

"How's she doing?" I asked, as I went to go sit in my chair.

Jonathan stood up and kissed Sasha's forehead softly, before turning to me.

"Doctor says she's got good brain activity. Her head scans doesn't show any bruising, so the chances of her having brain injuries are small. The transfusions are working, her blood levels are healthy. She doesn't need the respirator anymore, she's breathing on her own now. So that's definitely a good sign. The baby has a steady heartbeat, nice and strong. It doesn't look like there was any damage done to the uterus, so they're pretty sure the baby is gonna be just fine too. All in all, she's doing great." Jonathan said, a hopeful smile on his face.

"That's great, J. That is really great to hear." I said, a smile spreading across my face.

Jonathan grinned as he looked down at Sasha.

A warm smile made it's way across my face as I watched my brother look down at my best friend.

The love in his eyes was immeasurable.

It warmed my heart to see someone look at her that way.

I tore my eyes away from her and looked around the room.

I finally realized something.

"Jonathan, where's Brian?" I asked curiously.

My brother looked around the room, a look of confusion spreading.

"Hmm, that's weird. He left a couple minutes before you came back. I thought he would be here by now." Jonathan said.

I stood up.

"He should be back soon." I said.

I went over to the bathroom and threw some water on my face.

I don't know why I felt this overwhelming amount of anxiety hit me.

I think it's because Brian has been around me so much in the last few weeks.

Having him close by, to look at, or hold me when I need it.

I have had him close by and now he is gone for the moment.

And the weight of his absence is heavy.

It's ridiculous to say the least.

I'm not used to feeling like this.

I was drastically pulled from my thoughts by distant yelling.

I ran out of the little bathroom and into Sasha's room.

Jonathan was already standing in a defensive stance in front of Sasha's bed.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just heard some yelling and stuff getting thrown around." Jonathan said.

"I'll go check it out." I offered.

"Cee, if shit is getting thrown around, I don't want you going out there." Jonathan grumbled.

"I'm gonna be fine. You know I can take care of myself." I said.

Jonathan's facial expression didn't change as I opened the door.

I peered my head out first and my eyes widened in shock.

In the middle of the hall, with a bunch of nurses surrounding them, was Brian.

He was fighting with someone.

"Brian!" I yelled.

The guy sucker punched Brian in the jaw when he turned after hearing my voice.

"You guys knock it off!"

"Break it up!"

"Someone call security!"

Nurse after nurse started yelling and screaming at Brian and the guy to break up.

I tried my hardest to figure out why the hell Brian was fighting with someone in the hospital.

And who the hell he was fighting with.

"Brian stop it!" I yelled as I ran over to him and tried to pull them apart.

I dodged a punch to the face but I caught one in the stomach.

I got the wind knocked out of me and I stumbled backwards.

"Mother fucker!" Brian yelled.

"No Brian! Just stop!" I screamed.

Jonathan ran out of the room and pulled me against his chest.

"What the fuck is going on?" He asked.

"I don't know why he's fighting or who he's fighting with. I tried to pull it apart but I got punched on accident. That just revved Brian up all over again." I explained.

"Stand here." Jonathan ordered.

He pulled me behind the nursing station and ran over to Brian and the guy who were now rolling around on the floor.

Jonathan went over and yanked Brian off of the guy.

He threw him against the wall.

"You stupid son of a bitch!" Brian yelled, trying to land a kick on the guy on the floor.

I ran over to Brian and pressed myself against him, pulling his face into my hands.

"Look at me." I said harshly.

His eyes were darting from side to side, not once focusing on me.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you! You fucking sack ofshit!" Brian yelled again.

I turned around to try and find out what the hell was going on.

But now Jonathan was throwing punches at the guy.

"What the fuck is going on?!' I screamed.

Jonathan pulled back.

Laying there on the floor, bloodied and bruised, was Chris.