‹ Prequel: Seize The Day
Status: Complete

Unbound (The Wild Ride)

((21))

My mouth opened in shock as I stared down at Chris on the floor.

His mouth was busted open, his face and clothes were smeared with blood.

He was laying on his side, curled up in the fetal position.

"You sick son of a bitch!" I screamed.

I ran forward and landed a kick in Chris' side before I was pulled away.

"Cee, calm down." Brian said soothingly in my ear.

His arm was wrapped tight around my waist, keeping me from moving anywhere near Chris.

"Let me go, Brian! I'm gonna kill this son of bitch for what he did to Sasha!" I screamed, writhing in his arms.

"No." Brian said firmly.

"Brian,letmego!" I yelled.

"No Cynthia." Jonathan said from behind me.

Jonathan came face to face with me and his eyes were on fire.

"Jonathan." I begged as my eyes filled with tears.

He shook his head slowly, and I looked down.

Jonathan turned back around and looked down at Chris.

"You must have a fucking death wish for showing up here." Jonathan growled in a low voice.

"I came to see Sasha." Chris muttered, wiping the blood from his mouth.

"You don't have any business with Sasha.Everagain." Jonathan said, enunciating each syllable.

"Sheismy business. Iloveher." Chris spat.

"Yeah, you love her." Jonathan said, his voice full of sarcasm.

I growled at that.

"Your love was written all over her face and body when she practically crawled to my sister's house. A busted face, in need of a multiple blood transfusions, two swollen eyes, three fractured ribs and a punctured lung. Possible brain damage due to multiple head shots. Yeah, you love her. And you have such a wonderful way of showing it." Jonathan said.

Chris started laughing.

It started off as a low chuckle, and turned into a gut busting laugh.

A laugh, that chilled me to my very core.

"Sasha and I, we have a special bond. One that can't be broken. Even by a pretty boy like you. Take it from me, she loves me just as much as I love her. She'll come crawling back soon enough." Chris snickered.

"As long as I'm in her life, I'll make sure thatneverhappens." Jonathan said.

I saw a smile spread across his face and a look of confusion over took mine.

I turned to see what Jonathan was looking at, when I saw it.

It was a group of police officers, all their eyes fixed on Chris, and heading straight for him.

A grin made it's way across my face too as I went and stood next to my brother.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me slightly behind him.

"I always knew you'd get what was coming to you. You better hope none of the guys in jail find out you're a women beater. That doesn't usually sit too well with them." I said with a smirk.

A look of panic crossed Chris' face as he saw the officers getting closer and closer.

The officers surrounded Chris and detained him.

Probably a little more forceful then necessary, because he wasn't resisting.

But they all knew what he did.

They saw the pictures of Sasha from when she first got here.

No one had an ounce of sympathy for him.

And neither did we.

"Officers, did you see what these two savagesdidto me? I want to press charges!" Chris said in an outraged voice.

"Press charges, you say?" One of the officers said.

"Watson what do we say to women beaters who get what's coming to them, and then want our help?" Another officer said.

The guy named Watson was holding on to one of Chris' arms.

He must have squeezed it harder because Chris winced.

"I say he fell down some stairs before we got here." He said.

A triumphant smile crossed my face as Chris' mouth fell open.

Brian came forward and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close.

Jonathan leaned in close to Chris' ear.

"If you ever come near Sasha or my baby again, I'll kill you." Jonathan whispered.

His voice was soft and sure, and full of promise.

A promise he would have no problem delivering if any one was to ever put Sasha or his unborn child in danger again.

I think Chris knew it too.

Because his eyes widened into huge saucers and he quickly looked down, letting the officers pull him away without another word.

I looked up at my brother and smiled.

I went over to him, and wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"I'm so proud of you." I whispered into his chest.

"Thanks sis." Jonathan said, hugging me back.

He turned to Brian and held his hand out.

"Thanks for keeping her away from him." He said.

"No problem. I don't want her getting hurt either." Brian said, looking down at me.

I rolled my eyes and he smiled widely.

"Let's go back with Sasha." I said.

Jonathan nodded.

I'm pretty sure it's killing him being away from her right now.

We all made our way back to Sasha's room and me and Brian got comfy on a chair, while Jonathan posted himself on the chair next to Sasha's bed.

We were softly talking when suddenly, Sasha's eyes started fluttering.

I jumped out of my chair and Jonathan stood up.

"Sasha?" I said softly.

Her eyes rolled from side to side and her eyelids kept fluttering open and closed before they opened all the way.

I felt my eyes fill with tears when her eyes locked on me.

"Sash." I whispered with a happy smile.

"Don't cry." She whispered in a raspy voice.

I choked on a laugh that bubbled out of my throat.

I felt Brian's arm around my shoulder and I leaned against him as I sat on the end of Sasha's bed.

She slightly waved at Brian and then she turned her head and saw Jonathan.

Her eyes widened slightly and her heart monitor started to sky rocket.

Jonathan leaned forward and cupped her cheek.

I know she didn't mean to do it, but she flinched when Jonathan's hand got close to her face.

My brother ignored it though, and caressed her cheek softly.

"Shh. It's okay. Calm down." He said softly.

Her heart rate slowly started to go down as the minutes passed.

I stayed as quiet as possible, not wanting to interrupt Jonathan and Sasha's moment.

"What happened?" She whispered.

Jonathan's eyes hardened slightly, but he looked back at Sasha, and they softened again.

"That doesn't matter now. You're okay, and the baby is okay. That's all that matters." Jonathan said.

"The baby!" Sasha gasped.

She tried to sit up and she got winded and doubled over in pain.

Jonathan pushed her down softly and rubbed her forehead.

"The baby is fine. Doctor says it's a miracle the baby survived. We're really lucky." Jonathan said, his voice getting thick with emotion.

Sasha looked down at her stomach, and her hands slowly went down her body, resting on her stomach that now held a little life.

"Wow. Our baby is okay." Sasha said, a huge grin coming on her face as she cradled her stomach gently.

"Yeah, our baby's gonna be strong and healthy." Jonathan said, looking down at Sasha's stomach too.

She looked up at my brother and took his free hand, leading it to her abdomen, and laying it gently on her stomach, her hand covering his.

"I love you." Jonathan said in a low, but firm voice.

My eyes burned with tears as I watched silently.

Brian's arms around me kept me from jumping up, and he quietly soothed me as the tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I love you too." Sasha said a strong voice.

The look of love in her eyes was something I've never seen from her.

And I couldn't be happier that she was looking at my brother that way.

Even better, now I'm going to have a niece or nephew.

It just goes to show, that even in the worst situations, something good can always come from it.

I sat quietly in Brian's arms, glad to sit back and say nothing but watch my brother look at my best friend with more love and light in his eyes then ever before.

There's nothing better than that.