‹ Prequel: Seize The Day
Status: Complete

Unbound (The Wild Ride)

((23))

I rolled over in bed, moving my arm around and coming up with nothing.

My eyes snapped open and I couldn't find Brian anywhere.

"Brian?" I grumbled.

No answer.

I rolled to the other side and still, no Brian.

"Brian?" I said a little louder.

I heard footsteps coming closer and I turned towards them just as the door opened.

There he was.

Brian was leaning in the doorway, black and plaid pajama pants, no shirt, and a black bandana on his head.

I grinned widely at him and motioned for him to come closer.

He willingly obliged and came and laid next to me.

I snuggled into his warm chest as his arms wrapped around me.

"Where did you go?" I asked him quietly.

"I got hungry and I didn't want to wake you up, so I was eating some cereal downstairs." He told me.

I nodded my head, my eyelids already starting to flutter closed now that Brian was back with me.

"Honey, you're tired. Just go back to sleep." Brian told me.

"I wonder why I'm tired." I told him with a laugh.

"Hey! Don't try and pin that all on me. You're the one that came over and jumped me. I was a helpless victim." He said with a chuckle.

"Helpless my ass." I retorted.

Brian started laughing and our bodies shook.

I looked up at him and he smiled, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Sasha and Jonathan are finally together." I told him as he pulled away from me.

Brian's grin was a mile long.

He saw Sasha as a little sister now.

All he wanted was for her to be happy.

"Really? When?" He asked.

"Yesterday. We were talking and she was telling me she was scared because she didn't want to trust Jonathan but he's such an amazing guy and she loves him likes she's never loved anyone before. We didn't know he was standing in the doorway and heard every word. He came marching in and gave such a pretty speech and made Sasha cry. She threw her arms around him and they started kissing like maniacs and I took that as my cue to go." I told him with a laugh.

He started chuckling and pulled me closer so that my head was against his chest.

"I'm happy for them. I'm glad Sasha is finally getting what she deserves." Brian said.

"I couldn't agree with you more." I said.

We laid there in comfortable silence before something popped right back into my mind.

I jolted up right and sat up quickly.

Brian looked shocked to say the least.

"What's wrong?" He asked me quickly.

I couldn't keep the grin from my face as I looked at him.

"My graduation is in two and a half months, and it would mean the world to me if you would be there." I told him with a grin.

Brian smiled widely and pulled me against him.

"Babe, that's great!" He said.

He hugged me tightly and I could feel the strain in his body.

I pulled away from him and looked at his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Brian's face was filled with guilt and I started to think that I did something wrong.

"Brian?" I asked when he stayed quiet.

"We're gonna be on tour." He said softly.

I had to strain my ears and lean closer.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"Me and the guys. We're gonna be on tour in a month and half." Brian said.

I tried to keep my face clear of emotion and it seemed to be working.

"How long is the tour?" I asked softly.

"Six months." Brian said guiltily looking down.

My mouth opened in shock.

I stayed quiet for a moment as Brian reached out and tried to touch me.

I shrugged his arm off and leaned further away from him.

"When exactly were you going to tell me?" I asked.

"I was gonna tell you babe. I swear. I just didn't know how to bring it up. These last few months have been so crazy and I didn't want to add any unnecessary stress." Brian explained.

"That's not an excuse Brian. When were you gonna tell me? The night you leave? While you're tour bus is rolling down the street?" I asked angrily.

"I know you're upset that I'm can't make it to your graduation. I'm upset too. But I have absolutely no control over it Cynthia." Brian said.

I looked down because I knew he was right.

It's not his fault and he doesn't control the tour dates.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"No I'm sorry. I should've told you sooner. It's not fair to you." Brian said.

"I can record the graduation, it'll be just like you're there." I told him softly.

"I really am sorry honey." Brian mumbled.

"I know. It's no big deal." I said, looking up at him and putting a smile on my face.

He pulled me into his arms and held me close as he murmured his sorries and how he would make it up to me when he gets home.

I stayed quiet and nodded my head.

I knew this was only the beginning.

The beginning of important events being missed while he's away.

The anxiety of not being able to come over and see him whenever I want.

Not being able to call him at any time.

It's just the beginning.

And for some reason, the idea was a lot harder to grasp then I thought it would.

Oh well.

Guess I have to get used to it.

This is what happens when you date rock star.