‹ Prequel: Seize The Day
Status: Complete

Unbound (The Wild Ride)

((08))

I walked into the living room with Brian close behind me.

My brothers, the guys and Val were all sitting in the living room, watching some fight on UFC.

Val saw me and smiled.

She knew what I was going to do.

I opened my mouth to talk but then Sasha and Chris walked in and took a seat as well.

She smiled at me and I gave her a wink.

I looked around at all of my brothers and they stopped at Jonathan.

He was staring at Sasha through the corner of his eye.

I'm definitely gonna find a way to get those two together.

"Hey guys. I gotta talk to you all about something." I announced.

My brothers looked at me and saw the nervous look on my face.

"Now I want you guys to all stay in your seats and stay level headed." I said.

"That doesn't sound good." Teagan said.

"Is this something we're gonna like?" Jonathan asked.

"Probably not. But you will accept it even if you don't like it." I said firmly.

James and Anthony stood up.

"You're pregnant, aren't you!?" James yelled.

My mouth opened in shock.

"Tell us who he is! We're gonna kill him!" James yelled.

"Will you guys calm down." I said.

When they kept talking I looked to Jonathan for some back up.

"Guys, sit down and breathe. You didn't even let her tell us what's going on." He said.

They settled down and sat back on the couch.

"Thanks Jonathan. Now, before I was so rudely interrupted with stupid accusations, I wanted to tell you guys that I have a new boyfriend. And its Brian." I said, letting it all out.

Val gave me a thumbs up and the guys all smiled.

I grabbed Brian's hand and pulled him up next to me.

He smiled too and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I turned back to look at my brothers and their faces were blank.

That is never good.

I was starting to get nervous when all hell broke loose.

"What the hell?!"

"How long has this been going on!?"

"This guy is a fucking white boy!" Joseph yelled.

They all stood up and started moving forward.

I went to stand in front of Brian but he moved me behind his body.

"Stop!" I yelled.

My brothers all stopped except for Nathaniel.

He kept walking and came face to face, well, face to chest with Brian.

"Nathaniel." I said in a warning voice.

He stood, looking into Brian's face.

He put his hand out to Brian and grinned.

"Congrats man. Take care of my sister." He said.

I smiled too as Brian shook his hand.

"Thanks Nate." He said, smiling too.

Nathaniel turned to me and I smiled, throwing my arms around his neck.

"Thanks baby brother." I murmured.

"No problem, big sis. He seems like a good guy." He said, pulling away.

"He is." I said softly.

He nodded and went to sit on the couch again.

My brothers were once again sitting down, but breathing a lot harder now.

"So how long has this been going on?" Jonathan asked.

"We've been together six months." I said.

"Six months next week." Brian added.

I smiled and he grabbed my hand again.

"You think you pass the test because you remember the day you got together? Sorry pal, that doesnt cut it. Not for my little sister." James said.

"James." I scolded.

"Aren't you guys in a band that's always traveling? When are you supposed to see each other?" Teagan asked.

"We haven't thought that far, but we'll work it out." Brian said honestly.

"What about groupies? Those sluts are persistent." Anthony said.

"Anthony!" I yelled.

"They don't mean anything to me. I want to be with Cynthia. Plus, I haven't touched a groupie in over a year. The only one I've been with is Cyn--," He said before I cut him off.

"Now might be a good time to stop." I said, nervously looking at my brothers whose faces were starting to turn red.

The last thing they wanted to hear about was me and some guy having sex.

Even if it was someone I cared about like Brian.

"I think what Brian and Cynthia are trying to say is that they want to be together. Whether you guys like it or not, they're going to be together. You know Cynthia, guys. She would never be with someone who doesn't treat her the way she deserves or in a way you guys wouldnt approve. She needs you guys to stand behind her." Sasha said softly.

I smiled widely at her as Chris frowned.

He could go to hell for all I cared.

It was quiet for a minute.

"If it helps, I personally vouch for Brian. He's a stand up guy. Can be crazy, but he's honest. He doesn't want to hurt your sister, he just wants to make her happy. If he for some reason does find a way to screw it up, I'll be therw to hold him so you guys can beat the crap out of him. Then I can have my turn." Matt said.

We all started laughing and I looked at Matt, giving him a thankful look. Jonathan stood up.

"I'm always gonna think my sister deserves better. Its nothing against you personally. My family is everything to me and if you hurt my sister in any way, I will personally make it my life duty to make sure you don't breathe another second." He said.

My eyes widened in shock.

Brian nodded, not saying anything.

My brothers all gave out warning looks to Brian and I soothingly rubbed his back.

Then my gaze turned hard as they looked at my brothers.

"Next time one of you bring a girl home, watch out." I said in a whisper.

I pulled Brian out to back yard and we got a drink.

"Babe, don't be mad. You're their baby sister. They're trying to protect you. I can't say I wouldn't do the same." Brian said.

"That's not fair to treat you that way. God I hate them sometimes." I said angrily.

"No you don't." Val said from behind me.

I turned and saw her and Sasha walking up.

"They'll come around honey. Good job at not wetting your pants Brian." Sasha said.

Brian laughed.

"You just need to show them you're for real. That youre not gonna hurt her. Its gonna take time." Val said.

Brian turned and looked at me and pulled me close.

"I think I'm up for the challenge." He said with a grin.

He pulled me in closer and pressed our lips together.

All of my frustrations disappeared and it was only me and him.

And I had not problem with that.