The Humanoid Diaries: The Invasion

Chapter 10: All Hail the Queen.

(Aerieus walks in. Her head lifted high, a prideful expression is on her face. Humanoid Bill’s face also carries a pride-filled look. The group of girls, along with Tom, Georg & Gustav gasp in shock, as the two makes their way into the room.)

Bill: It’s me…

(Humanoid Bill looks at Bill, smirks slyly and looks away.)

Bill: What was with that smile?

Tom: This is creepy…really creepy…

Georg: Does this mean that you three are triplets…?

Gustav: Whatever it means…this isn’t good---

Maika: (to Miki) Aerieus was dead! How is she alive…now?

Miki: Charlotte’s vision is coming true…

(Aerian bows before Aerieus, his face touching the ground.)

Aerian: (aloud) Queen Aerieus….I am humbled…to behold your face…

Aerieus: (glances at him and then at Phoenix who looks at her in shock.) You may rise…

(Aerian obeys.)

Aerian: When you were discovered here…My heart leapt in joy…we all thought that you were dead---

Aerieus: Death…cannot hold my greatness…can it?

(She looks at Phoenix who looks away shame-faced.)

Aerieus: Who knew that I could defy death…and the grave?

Aerian: If anyone could do it---it would be you…Your Imminence.

Aerieus: (smiles) I like you kid…to whom do you belong…?

Phoenix: He is my son…

Aerieus: (tilts her head to the side) Your son? How is this possible…? I never programmed---

Aerian: Unfortunately, my Queen…there was a mix-up, and she mated with that…filth over there---

(He points to Bill.)

Aerieus: (eye raises) I know this human…he is the one…that my beloved Humanoid Bill…is based off of…actually…it is…that human’s heart that beats…within my machine…I never got the chance to make the necessary changes---due to my unexpected assassination…

Aerian: Someone…assassinated you?

Aerieus: (nods) Yes… (Looks at Phoenix) Unfortunately they did…only to steal my throne---

Aerian: If I knew who the culprit was…I would kill them on the spot…

Aerieus: Is this true? Would you so such a thing?

Aerian: Yes ma’am…

Aerieus: Now…I really like you…so loyal to me you are…(She touches his face.)

Aerian: I worship you…I want to be everything you are…as King…I want to be a great ruler of this world as you had…to hold the world in my hand…

(Aerieus smiled.)

Aerieus: It was no easy feat…I sacrificed…much…being a genius…aided…but inside…I needed a vision…and I chased that vision hungrily, until my end. Now…no longer being a ruler of this City, I see things a little differently…to rule, as I had…you have to sacrifice much…a great sacrifice had to made…I gave up my soul…my soul to my work. What would you sacrifice?

Aerian: Anything…absolutely anything to have power…

Aerieus: Are you sure…? With power…comes hatred…I bore the hatred of humanity on myself…

Maika: MURDERER!!!!!

(Aerieus chuckles)

Aerieus: I’ve never killed anything…I’ve never murdered…

Maika: You massacred millions of humans…children and adults! And our families…we lost everything to you…and your nasty humanoids!

Aerieus: (laughs louder)

Georg: (whispering) Why is Aerieus acting like this? She’s a leader of the Invaders---

Tom: Ssshhh…(to Georg) Maybe there is something different going on…I remember the way Aerieus was…and I sense a difference…

Georg: What are you saying? She’s lying---

Tom: I’m not sure…

Aerieus: Sacrifices are needed…for anything to succeed…you humans, were too stupid to realize that…if only, you obeyed…and went along with the rules, maybe more of you would have lived…

Sasha: Your rules were evil…

Aerieus: In my world…there is no evil…

Kirsty: Your vision is clouded then Aerieus…evil plagued the world, and blood was shed.

(Charlotte shakes her head.)

Aerieus: Blood is nothing compared to my Humanoids...(notices Charlotte) Charlotte?

Charlotte: (looks at Aerieus)

Aerieus: How did you get here---?

Aerian: She was captured, along with these girls…a band of renegades…killing off humanoids…

Aerieus: (still staring at Charlotte) I see that you still remain the same.

Charlotte: (looks at Aerieus angrily) And I see that you also have remained the same…

Aerieus: (smiles slightly) You may know a lot of things Charlotte…but I’ve come to learned that…looks can be deceiving…(to Aerian) She has been corrupted with humanity…

Aerian: Yes she has…

Aerieus: Now you see what I kept humanity under an iron fist. They are a disease, and for the good of humanoids, diseases need to be wiped out---My humanoids were the cure to the diseases…apparently…they didn’t do much of a job…because apparently. the diseases these girls…and these boys…are still around…

Aerian: They were to be executed today---

Aerieus: (smiles) Really? I do love executions…

Aerian: (smiles) Me too…

Aerieus: As much as I love executions…I love watching suffering…let’s let them suffer a little bit before killing them…torturing…watching it was such a thrill---

Maika: You little monster!!!!!

(Aerieus throws back her head in laughter.)

Kirsty: Unbelievable…

Charlotte: You are wrong Aerieus…I thought…you had changed…

Aerieus: (laughs) Change? Change to what? Whatever do you mean---

Charlotte: My vision---

Aerieus: Your vision is wrong…I am and will be as I always have been; if you hadn’t been sneaking around with these stupid humans…you would know that…

Charlotte: (sighs) I wish I were dead…I wish death to all humanoids---

(Humanoid Bill looks at her.)

(Aerian and Aerieus both laugh.)

Aerian: That will never happen. As long as I am king, and as long as Aerieus is alive there will always be a significant humanoid presence. To wish death upon humanoids is quite a foolish thing---seeming as you, also are a humanoid.

Charlotte: I…and all humanoids are mistakes…and the Light…will destroy them all---

(The room goes silent.)
(Humanoid Bill gulps.)

(Aerieus looks at Charlotte astounded.)

Phoenix: (aloud) The Light…doesn’t exist. Aerieus…told us this.

Aerian: Now…she has indeed been a corrupted…(to Aerieus) It is a bad lie that some of the humans in this world has told…about some…great God or whomever…but I strongly doubt it…I mean, your research has denied such thing---we were taught…to believe in you…so our light…is you Aerieus…you are our god…the god of the humanoids…

Aerieus: (clears her throat) I know of this Light…

Aerian: Yes…the following of Him, is so great…renegades…factions…that are anti-New Babylon, anti-Humanoid…as we speak are formulating plans to trick, loyal humans, to follow this…Light…talking about some Savior to come…and take over the world…(smiles) But that will not happen…I am the king of this world---

Aerieus: Yes…I see…(looks at Charlotte) It doesn’t matter…frankly…what matters is now…and now that I am here…before you all…there are some things, I would like to clear up…

Aerian: (grabs her by her hand) Please, my Queen, sit…sit on your throne---

(He leads her to the throne, and sits her down. Humanoid Bill stands beside her.)

Aerieus: (looks at everyone in the room.) It is strange to be in this position once again…to be high, as you…miscreant humans…are low…as you should be---

Gustav: (mutters) So much for being an Invader…

Aerieus: But…I haven’t come to New Babylon…to rule…I came on a promise…to my dear Humanoid…(She looks at Humanoid Bill, who looks back at her.) Although I made many humanoids…there were only two---that mattered to me.

(Charlotte looks at Aerieus sadly.)

Aerieus: I created Bill and Phoenix…as the Adam and Eve of my creation. They were to supersede anything that I have ever made…the best of the best…perfect. I invested so much time in them…and…along the way…(eyes dart to Phoenix) One…of them…became corrupted.

(Phoenix grits her teeth.)

Aerieus: Corrupted…I don’t know why this happened…however I feel that the corruption will be handled in due time…very…very…soon…(She chuckles) But…in the process of making Humanoid Bill…I borrowed…a heart from his donor…the human Bill…and…unfortunately…it’s killing my machine…so, I wanted to return…the nasty thing…to the human, so I can fully restore my humanoid.

Bill: (to Aerieus) You stole my heart…to fuel…another one of you evil machines?

Humanoid Bill: Shut-up!

(Everyone gasps.)

Humanoid Bill: Do you honestly think that I want apart of you in me? Do you think that? I hate you…I hate this heart…I hate everything. It’s sucking my life out of me.

Bill: (snaps) You have no life!

Humanoid Bill: I have more than you think…frankly, I think that you are nuisance, and you hijacked my reality…my destiny…that Aerieus created for me. Everything you are…I am…but to find out…that I come from scum like you---it angers me more and more…you don’t deserve to live…(Points to himself) But I do! I deserve life…and I’m taking my life back…

Bill: (frowns) You will always be a fake----

Aerieus: (to Aerian) You see…all humans are the same…throwing insults…but my Humanoid is right…he does deserve to live…and Bill…your father…did steal his life…and knew that he stole it…imagine that…a human sleeping with a humanoid…how ill in the mind must a person be to do such thing…a pervert…that’s why I killed them…a perverted freak!!!!

Tom: (aloud) HEY! Don’t you call my brother names----!!!!

Aerieus: Your brother is everything that I said…but Tom…why do you defend him…? (She points at Humanoid Bill) This is your brother…Bill hadn’t been with you for two years…this Bill was…and…He loved you…and your friends…he didn’t do what your idiot brother did…your brother…locked you up in prison…but this Bill…wanted to save you!!!!

Tom: (Looks at Humanoid Bill) He…isn’t…my brother…

Aerieus: (to Humanoid Bill) You see? Now you see why I treated them the way I did. They are heartless…and cold. They disown, their own families. (To Tom) Your “human” brother treated you badly…threw you in prison…and you…were searching for your brother…(points to Humanoid Bill) him…and your human brother…turned evil…didn’t he…? Didn’t he get drunk in the power? Didn’t he disown his own humanity? Didn’t he disown you?

Tom: (drops his head) Yes…he did.
Georg: Why are you antagonizing…? This was your fault Aerieus---

Aerieus: No…it was not…you see…I never intended for all this to happen…unfortunately…as I mentioned earlier…I was assassinated…betrayed by someone…I thought was my friend…killed me…to take my throne…and rushed her destiny…defied the rules I had set down.

Aerian: Her? It was a woman…

Aerieus: (nods) It was a woman. A cold-hearted woman.

(Phoenix squirms.)

Aerieus: But she shall be punished. Her final day is coming---

Miki: This whole situation is all so confusing…

Kirsty: So…if humanoid Bill…is based off of human Bill, and has human Bill’s heart…which wasn’t meant to happen---what does this mean?

Aerieus: It means…that a sin was committed. Human Bill was to die, after my humanoid Bill was made. I didn’t want both of them to co-exist. They cannot co-exist, because this causes confusion. I didn’t even want them to meet. My humanoid has been confused, with the feelings in this human’s heart. He doesn’t function as I programmed him to…it’s almost as if he’s---

Charlotte: Human. Just like me.

Aerieus: (nods) Unfortunately, but not only was my humanoid effected---I see that the human Bill was also effected, because he in fact turned humanoid with flesh…he even killed…in flesh. So who is greater monster here? The human machine, or the machine that’s human?

(Aerian looks from Humanoid Bill to Human Bill.)

Aerian: But Queen…you hate humans, how then…can you dwell with a humanoid…that’s human as you say?

Aerieus: I dwell with him…because he is my creation. I have to care for him…and I intend to fix him…I will repair him…and I have to do it here.

Charlotte: He cannot be repaired…he’ll forever be who he is…no matter how hard you try…to change him…he’ll always have a piece of humanity within him…he will always feel---you cannot get rid of memories Aerieus…you cannot kill everything---you tried to do the same to me…but in the end…you hated me and threw me away…and the same will be for this Humanoid Bill…

Humanoid Bill: (to Charlotte) I don’t even know who you are…but you and are two different individuals…Aerieus has my best interest at heart. I don’t want to be this way…I don’t want to feel like a human…because humans…are wrong. Humans are thieves…humans don’t care for the lives they have…they change…their natures are dark… (Emotional) Me…I lived my life a human…I loved…as a human…I had family…I had friends…and I really loved my life…despite the suffering…I felt real…but when I found out who I really was…that I was living off of a borrowed heart…that I was nothing…(looks at Tom) That I would be disowned…by my own family…now I see what humanity is…and I don’t want it…what I thirsted for…I no longer thirst. I want to be what I was meant to be…humanoid.

Bill: I didn’t steal your life…Aerieus…is responsible for all this. I was locked away in a box for who knows how long. I was confused. I didn’t know…that someone else was living my life, and for what it’s worth…I’m sorry for all this---

Humanoid Bill: (laughs) Sorry…you can keep your apology human…because once I hand you your heart…I’m dead. I have no life…but you are free to live on…(he walks in front of Bill) And me…I’m to die…and fade into nothingness…

Bill: I am sor---

(Humanoid Bill grabs Bill by the throat and starts choking him.)

(Tom, Georg and Gustav try to help, but Humanoid Guards hold them back.)

(Aerian smiles.)

Maika: (Screaming) You’re killing him…let him go!

Miki: STOP IT!!!!

Kirsty: (crying) Oh my goodness…

Aerieus: (worried expression comes on her face) Humanoid…stop….!

(Humanoid Bill let’s go, Bill falls to the floor gasping for breath.)

Humanoid Bill: (stoops beside Bill) You know…all of a sudden…I don’t feel as generous…as I was before…

Bill: (holds his throat) What do you mean…?

Humanoid Bill: Why should I just…hand your heart over to you?

Bill: Because it’s mine and not yours!

Humanoid Bill: It is very much mine…it beats within me now…and compared to you…I’ve earned it…you’ve killed people…I have not. You’re guilty…and I’m innocent…so why the guilty should be rewarded? You tell me this…?

Charlotte: (to Humanoid Bill) The guilty must not be rewarded...and we being humanoid…are guilty.

(Humanoid Bill looks at Charlotte)

Charlotte: We are the guilty ones…and that heart…belongs to him…

Humanoid Bill: (stands) The way I see it…is that…I have a heart…and he has a mechanical heart…both are bound to die…at anytime…so…let’s see who’ll outlive who…!!!

Tom: (yells) THAT IS WRONG! You can’t steal his life…

Aerieus: The heart will be returned----

Humanoid Bill: (looks at Aerieus) It shouldn’t be this easy---

Aerieus: But----

Humanoid Bill: I’ll decide when…

Aerieus: The mechanical heart in Bill…will expire soon…and then he’ll die. And the heart within you…is deteriorating…it needs blood.

Humanoid Bill: (smirks) Again…I’ll decide when…

Aerieus: And what if you can’t decide…

Humanoid Bill: Then we’ll both die together…

Maika: This is really bad.

Charlotte: You can’t take what isn’t yours Humanoid…you don’t have to be this way---

Humanoid Bill: (eyes Bill evilly) Oh yes…I really have to.

Bill: I’ll get my heart back---

Humanoid Bill: You’ll have to kill me then…

Bill: (snaps) No problem.
Aerian: (claps) This is so very entertaining…so much drama…I love it! Isn’t this great mother?

Phoenix: (whispers) I suppose---

Aerieus: (to Aerian) So you are a fan of drama?

(Aerian nods quickly.)

Aerian: Yes…

Aerieus: You love plots…twists…turns…shockers…!?

Aerian: (smiles) I do very much Queen.

Aerieus: (looks at him deeply) Remember what you said earlier…about you…wanting to kill the person that assassinated me…how you would kill them…”on the spot”…?

Aerian: Of course…of course…

(Phoenix eyes widen in fear.)

Aerieus: What if I told you…that I know who she is…and where she is?

Aerian: She would die immediately…

Phoenix: (pleading) Aerieus…this isn’t the time nor the place---

Aerieus: How would you kill her…?

Aerian: Any way that you would want…perhaps…beheading?

Aerieus: (smirks) And you would not hesitate…because hesitation to me…is a sign of weakness…and any ruler of New Babylon…can’t be weak…

Aerian: (bows) I would not hesitate…

Phoenix: (pleading) You can’t do this---

(Aerian looks at Phoenix confused.)

Aerian: Why are you carrying on in this manner dear Mother…?

(Phoenix looks at Aerian afraid, tears running down her face.)

Aerieus: She’s crying…because…she’s guilty.

Aerian: (looks at Aerieus confused) Guilty? Of what?

Aerieus: Your…no good mother…was my assassinator…

(Aerian looks at Phoenix in disbelief.)

Phoenix: (wailing) I didn’t mean too…I mean…I…I had too…I---

Georg: (to Tom) This is getting crazy!

Tom: You got that right!

Aerian: (looks at Phoenix) Mother…did you do this…?

Phoenix: (wailing) I was wrong…I know…but it could not be avoided…

Aerieus: A traitor…thirsty for power…(looks at Aerian) She did it.

(Aerian face turns to a scowl.)

Aerieus: (to Aerian) I know that she is your mother…and I know that you love her very much…I loved her also…however…Phoenix has a flaw…all my humanoids have at least one special characteristic…or flaw…she wanted power…she’ll deceive you…and when the opportunity comes…for her to move up…she’ll kill you for it. She was always meant to be a leader…not a follower---

(Aerian looks at Phoenix angrily.)

Aerian: Would you have killed me for the throne---?

Phoenix: NO! I love you my son…I would never do that…I follow you…

Aerieus: That’s what she told me…and then she killed me.

Aerian: I don’t believe you mother…

Bill: (to Aerian) Phoenix loves you Aerian…she would never hurt you---

Aerieus: (snaps at Bill) You fool? Why do you stick up for her?

Bill: She’s my wife…and I cannot let her die---

Aerieus: She isn’t your wife---she is a swine murderer…(to Aerian) And she would kill you for power…and you promised…to kill her for me…!

Aerian: (nods) I did…and…I will…

(Phoenix falls to her knees crying.)

Aerian: (frowns) I loved you mother…and when I find out that you did this…to not only Queen Aerieus…but…your actions did affect New Babylon…New Babylon power had crumbled since Aerieus was killed…you disrupted greatness…endangered everything that was built. Now you must pay for your crimes--- (To A guard.) Take her…behead her, and place the head on a silver platter…and give it to my father…since he loves her so much…he’ll probably need a piece of her to remember…

(A guard grabs Phoenix.)

Phoenix: But Aerian---I am your mother.

Aerian: My mother is dead!

(She is drug out of the room.)

Miki: He kills his mother…with no remorse.

Kirsty: There is no such thing as remorse in New Babylon…and with Aerieus back…there will never be.

(Aerieus smiles to herself.)

Aerian: It is done…

(Humanoid Bill looks at Aerieus.)

Bill: (cries)

Maika: Is he crying?

Tom: (grabs Bill shoulder) Bill---

(Bill moves from him.)

Georg: She was a humanoid…and evil one.

Bill: She was my wife…I loved her.

Aerieus: Even more reason she should die…look at this sin…look at that pathetic mess…crying over a humanoid, that wasn’t even human---disgusting!

Bill: (looks at her angrily) You have no right to judge me! You caused all of this! I wouldn’t have cared for her…if you haven’t messed with me, locking me up in that lab, and having me live a fake life…I was forced to accept the humanoid lifestyle!

Aerieus: (snaps back) You didn’t have to accept anything! You could have walked away from all that…when you found out who you were---but you stayed…and pretended, for that I am not to blame!

Tom: But you are responsible Aerieus! You ruined all of our lives. Every single one!

(Aerieus sighs.)

Georg: Your experiments…your killings…brought the world to its knees. Bill, was just another unfortunate victim…in your very sadistic plan---We all changed. We all slipped into a dark place. Bill…he just adapted to the life you gave him---or didn’t give him.

Aerieus: (sniffs) Well…he should be grateful…he’ll be purified from his sin, with Phoenix dying---

Aerian: You fools all have nerve to blame the perfect Aerieus for anything! She is a genius, and the things she created, bettered everything! I should kill you ALL---

(Aerieus grabs Aerian’s hand.)

Aerieus: No…let’s not kill them. It’s all very interesting to me…I want to hear what they think. As a matter of fact…I want to give them all time…to tell me exactly what they think…and then…their fates will be decided.

Aerian: Very well then…(To a guard) Escort them to their cells! (To the group) You should be grateful to Aerieus, she bought you some time to live. Which is entirely too merciful in my opinion, however, I am obedient to her will.

(The group was drug out of the room.)

Aerieus: This should be entertaining…

Aerian: Yes…your Highness…and now…I have much to attend to…and I will allow you to take you rest. (He bows and leaves.)

(Aerieus and Bill sigh deeply)

Humanoid Bill: Oh man…that was the hardest thing that I’ve ever went through---

Aerieus: (eyes water) I feel so horrible…all those things I said…you know…I can’t believe that I carried on like that…I was really messed up…to see…some of the ones I hurt…I am ashamed.

Humanoid Bill: The human Bill…he is strange isn’t he? Crying for Phoenix?

Aerieus: Love does that to people Bill. It really does, and I never intended that.

Humanoid Bill: But did Phoenix really have to die?

Aerieus: (nods) Yes…she did. She would have been a risk…especially with you and I being here. She would have tried to kill me again. She was too loyal to Aerian…and sometimes…you have to destroy the loyalty between individuals…because loyalty is a powerful thing.

Humanoid Bill: (nods) I see…but why do you want to hear from them?

Aerieus: I---

(A guard walks in with a silver platter with Phoenix head on it.)

Guard: Madam…the King wanted me to show you this…he says…he hope it makes you happy.

(The head looked burned)

Aerieus: (nods) Well done. I am pleased.

(The guard bows and exits.)

Humanoid Bill: (shakes his head) Madness…

Aerieus: Madness indeed…but Bill…I have a question for you? Were you serious about not giving Bill his heart back---?

Humanoid Bill: (nods) Yes. He has to earn it---

Aerieus: (gasps) But the Light…

Humanoid Bill: I have to return it, I know…but Bill…he isn’t the same person that he was with this heart before. He is dark. He may look as if he’s back to normal, but he isn’t…and for some reason, I can sense this…so I will hang on to this heart…until I see…the Light in him.

Aerieus: (tilts her head) I don’t understand…

Humanoid Bill: I don’t know why…but this is the right thing.

Aerieus: (sighs) I’ll trust you then.

At that same time…

(Bill paces back in forth in the cell with Tom, Georg and Gustav.)

Tom: You really should calm down Bill…

Bill: MY WIFE IS DEAD!!!!

Gustav: He’s really flown over the cuckoos nest! If it were me---

Bill: (snaps) It isn’t you…you guys don’t understand…sure…she was humanoid…but I really did…I really did love her!

Tom: Dude…Bill…snap out of your madness…Phoenix was humanoid…she wasn’t even real to begin with, and most of all…she’s like a computer…she didn’t really love you…she loved what Aerieus programmed her to love…not really you…but that other guy.

Bill: (covers his ears) We had a life together---and Aerian…would just kill his own mother---what? Over Aerieus…Aerieus is nothing! Aerieus deserved what she got…we all wanted her dead…but Phoenix…she was brave enough to do it.

Georg: (to Gustav) He’s lost his mind---

Tom: He’s been in New Babylon to long. She’s brainwashed him…

Bill: I’M NOT BRAINWASHED…