Status: Getting back into the swing of things. Updates will be gradual! Thanks for reading!

Silent Angel Crashes Through the Sky

Chapter 19

Jimmy's family had left about an hour ago, and my aunt, uncle, and grandmother had left about thirty minutes ago. His funeral had been held this morning, and everyone came back to my house for food and talking and remembering and crying and consoling.

I was left to myself in my empty house.

Pete was still missing. He was either dead or he ran away from me, and I hadn't seen him in almost two months.

I laid on the sofa in my living room, huddled in one of Jimmy's old black hoodies. I basked in his scent and tried to feel his hand on my cheek again. I had lit a candle for him, leaving it on the coffee table in front of me. I stared at the candle, watching the wax drip down an onto the plate underneath it. There were still a few plates and cups left-over from before on the table.

I cried without shame, wallowing in misery and self-pity. I didn't let any tears fall onto Jimmy's clothes, though. I didn't want to ruin them. I still had on my black dress, and my high heels were strapped to my feet uncomfortably.

There was suddenly a gentle knock on the door. I looked up, away from the candle, surprised. I breathed deeply, trying to clean up my face. I sniffled a few times, clearing my throat and wiping at the tears. I pulled Jimmy's hoodie over my body tighter, and went over to the door. I turned on the hall light and opened the door. I looked through the screen door into the darkness and was met with a familiar face. I let my jaw drop.

"Pete?" He swallowed hard, tucking his hands in his pockets uncomfortably. I felt more tears come to my eyes. I opened up the screen door quickly, throwing myself at him. I threw my arms around his shoulders, pressing my head into his red hoodie and sobbing heavily. "I thought you were dead, too," I cried out. He took his hands out of his pockets, and wrapped his arms around me tightly. He felt cold, but comfortable after such a long day.

"Annie, I'm so sorry," he said sincerely. I shook my head, still crying.

"Don't be sorry. I'm just so glad you're okay, Pete." I lifted my head away, wiping at my eyes again. "Please, come in. Are you hungry? I'll make you something." He winced, for some reason.

"No, Annie, you don't have to make me anything. Don't be silly. Don't worry about me. How are you doing?" We walked inside, and he shut off the hall light. He went back to the dim light of the living room. He stared at the candle on the table, squinting his eyes. He looked away and we both sat down on the couch.

"I'm still alive," I said with a sad smile. He frowned. "I'll be okay. I'll always be okay," I said with a nod. I sniffled again, clearing my throat once more. "Pete, where'd you go?" He let out a breath, looking away from me.

"Annie... I don't think you really want to know." I paused, a little surprised. I covered my worry with a small uncomfortable laugh, shrugging my shoulders.

"What, did you kill someone or something?" I laughed. He swallowed hard again.

"Annie..." I frowned, biting my lip.

"That's not the right answer, Pete." He put his hand on mine. He turned to me and opened his mouth.

Fangs.

I let go of his hand, horrified and surprised. I moved backward, flailing my arms and falling off the couch. I accidentally knocked over one of the left-over glasses onto the floor. It fell with a thud onto the carpet with me. I breathed heavily.

"Pete. Oh God, Pete," I cried out. He stood up, moving to me, his hands outstretched to help me. I batted them away. "No, get away from me!" I stood up, stumbling over my heels. I ran out of the living room and up the stairs, going to my room. "Get away from me!" I slammed my door shut behind me, ignoring his protests. I leaned against the door, sinking to the ground and crying. I held my self, clinging to Jimmy's hoodie and rocking back and forth.

"Please! Please! Just listen to me! This wasn't my choice, Annie! This wasn't my choice! Please don't ignore me! I need you!" I heard his voice start to waver with emotion. I shook my head.

"You killed Jimmy!" I screamed at him.

"No! I didn't, Annie-"

"You're a vampire. He was killed by a vampire! You're a monster, Pete!"

"But I didn't kill him. Please, you have to believe me, Annie!"

"Don't call me that!" I screamed, my voice sounding shrill and frantic. "Only my brother can call me Annie! And, you are not my brother!" He was silent. I cried helplessly. I heard his footsteps move backwards away from my door, and soon they moved down the hallway. Down the steps. And out the door. I let myself fall to the ground. I curled up into a ball, and didn't move from that spot till the next morning.

I had to get out of this house. This state.

I had to get away from these memories and these people.

I had to be born again, or else I would kill myself.

Or I would kill the man who raised me.


I jerked awake, suddenly realizing that I had fallen asleep. My head was still resting on Matt's bed. I looked up at the blinds and noticed the sun light peaking through. I glanced up at the clock. It read 9:43. I was glad that I hadn't been asleep long, but I still felt guilty for falling asleep while looking after Matt. I frowned, looking at his pale face. Unmoving and silent. Then I looked down at my hands. Something was different. I furrowed my eyebrows, letting my mouth drop open slightly. His large hand had moved on top of mine. I looked back to his closed eyes.

"Matt?" I asked softly. "Matt?" I spoke a little louder. Suddenly his eyes started to flutter open. He squinted against the bright hospital lights. I gasped, standing up out of my chair and gripping his hand tighter. "Thank God, you're awake!" He groaned.

"I feel like I got hit by a Mack truck." His voice was raspy and strained. He started to shift his body. I felt tears of joy spring to my eyes.

"Sh, stay still. Don't strain yourself. Do you remember what happened?" He shook his head.

"Not really. Bits and pieces. We were... looking for the Killjoys. And..." I shook his head again, blinking a few times, swallowing hard. "That's all." I put my other hand on his cheek. He closed his eyes.

"Matt, I need you to open your mouth." He swallowed again, letting out a sigh.

"I figured that's why I was in here," he mumbled. He opened his eyes, looking at me, and opened his mouth. I let out a sigh of relief, smiling.

"You're fine," I said happily. "No fangs." He smiled too, also letting out a sigh of relief. "I have to tell the boys." I started to leave, but he didn't let go of my hand. I looked back at him. We locked eyes. He put his other hand on my arm and pulled me to him. His lips met mine, and I widened my eyes as I felt a spark.

He deepened the kiss, and I melted into him. I put a hand on the back of his neck, sliding it up through his hair. He moved his hand up to my shoulder. He took his other hand and rested it on the back of my head. I moved the hand that he was holding to his waist. I tried to catch my breath as I deepened the kiss, pressing my lips harder into his. I started to press my body into his, but reality suddenly hit me and I gasped, pulling away. "Matt," I said breathlessly. I swallowed, suddenly nervous. What did I just do?

My thoughts went to Jimmy. Did I just betray him? I felt guilt and embarrassment.

I took in a few deep breaths.

"Clark, wait." I hadn't realized that I had backed up, heading towards the door.

"I-I'm going t-to get the others," I stuttered out. I cleared my throat and opened the door. In the hallway, Zacky and Johnny were on one side and Andy, Joe, and Patrick were on the other. Johnny, Andy, and Joe were asleep on the floor. Patrick and Zacky both looked up at me as I opened the door. "He's awake," I said as bravely as I could. Zacky stood up, kicking Johnny as he rushed inside. Johnny woke up with a grunt, looking at me. I told him again with a small smile. Patrick woke Andy and Joe and told them. I heard Zacky talking to Matt. I sat down in Zacky's chair, my legs not wanting to hold me up any longer. I stared at the floor.

What did I just do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hooray?!?!
I really like this chapter so I hope you guys liked it too!
Muchas gracias to rottendemon, MusicMadenss, and mrsshysinger for all commenting on the last chapter!!!
I am on a fucking roll for this story. I finished chapter 21 the other night, and I kind of know where I want to go with this story :) Huzzah! I think I might try to finish it up in the next month or so, too. But, we'll see.
And, I'm not sure if I should do a sequel.... I do kind of want to. But, I guess we'll deal with that once I actually finish the story, lol.
Alrighty! Subscribe, comment, and recommend!!! Help a sister out!
Thanks for reading!