Status: This is from a long time ago, so there will be like a chapter posted per day

Faded Memories

Ayame Go Home So I Can Think About Love

When Shigure woke up he started walking around humming and smiling, we all knew something was wrong.
“What do you have planned?”
“Yuki, don’t make accusations.”
Yuki just shakes his head. “Stop avoiding my questions.”
I look around. “Where is Kyo?”
“Kyo went outside. He said he was going to practice his martial arts,” Shigure replies.
I walk outside and see Kyo kicking and punching trees. “You need to be nicer to trees.”
Kyo smirks. “Says the person that is proud of being an arsonist.”
“Lighting things on fire is different than punching and kicking stuff. And I haven’t lit anything on fire since I was eleven.”
I hear the door open and close and I turn around and see Yuki. “Shigure didn’t answer any of your questions?”
He shakes his head. “Kyo, why are you fighting a tree? That won’t help you beat me.”
“Or me,” I add.
Kyo turns and looks at me. “I can beat you Ruki.”
“Oh yeah, bring it on Kitty Cat!”
Kyo charges at me, but I move out of the way. When he passes me I spin and kick him in the side. I watch him stand paralyzed for a few minutes. He comes back and punches me in the gut. I swallow my groan and force myself to stay up right.
“Wow, you’re getting better at taking hits in the gut.”
I ignore him and swing my leg at the back of his knees. I knock him over and he jumps up after a few seconds. He tries to punch me in the jaw but I duck. I grab his arm while it is above my head and throw him over me. He crashes on the ground behind me. I watch him stand up and rush toward. I don’t move until he is in front of me. I turn around so I am facing away from him and then I spin and kick him in the forehead. He falls to the ground unconscious.
“I think you hit him a little too hard.” I hear the smile in Yuki’s voice.
Kyo opens his eyes after a few minutes and surrenders. I lean over about to help Kyo up, but a sensation of something under my shirt makes me scream.
“Something is in my shirt!”
Yuki runs over and a snake pops out from my shirt collar. “Ruki, you’re home!!”
Yuki rips the snake from my shirt. “Ayame go home or else I will skin you alive and burn your body.”
Ayame yells, “Shigure, come help me!”
Shigure walks out of the house. “Aya, you’re here!”
I just crouch on the ground. “Ayame, how long were you there?”
“Ruki, I was there since Kyo punched you in the gut.”
“So…when I felt something on my breasts…it was you…” I breathe deeply and try not to explode.
“HE WHAT?!?!” Kyo and Yuki shout at the same time. Kyo takes Ayame from Yuki and starts beating him while Yuki holds up his hands so I could punch them and let out some anger.

I am sitting in the dining room and eating a rice ball when Ayame steps in the room as a human. “Hello everyone.”
Yuki and I ignore Ayame, but Kyo stands up and opens his mouth. I grab him and pull him back down in his seat. “Kyo, just forget it. Ayame is Ayame.”
“Oh my god, I just realized something! Yuki’s and Ruki’s names are the same except for the first letter. If they got married then everyone would have to say Mr. and Mrs. Yuki! Or Mr. Yuki and Mrs. Ruki! It is so funny!
“Ruki already looks like she could be my sister! Her hair is white and my hair is white, but our eyes are different! She has Kyo’s eyes, not mine!”
“What, How does she have my eyes?!?!” Kyo stares at me and I ignore him.
“Her eyes are red and yours are red! You two would be cute together too! I wonder what their children would look like?!
I blush and glance at Kyo, but he isn’t there. “Where did Kyo go,” I whisper. I stand up and start walking to the roof.
“Or what if Ruki looked just like Shigure?! She would be so cute! Have I ever told you about what happened when I was class president?” I hear Ayame say.
“Yes,” Yuki says.
All the words fade away as I climb to the roof. I see a figure lying on the roof. I walk over and sit beside Kyo. “What made you come up here?”
He doesn’t answer; all he does is look down at his hands.
“Come on, answer me.” I lean closer to him.
Kyo holds my head in his hands and leans close to me. I freeze as he brushes his lips against mine. He stays unsure for a while, but then he leans in more and deepens the kiss.
My mind starts working again and my brain tells me to push him away, but I ignore it. I lean in and feel Kyo pull away. “I’m so sor-”
I cut him off my kissing him again. After a few seconds I lean away. “Don’t be sorry.”
Kyo looks at me a little confused. “I thought you didn't want to fall in love?”
“You know I’m not good at keeping promises.”

Kyo and I walk back down stairs and Ayame smiles. “What were you two doing?”
I point at the ceiling. “You two were on the roof,” Shigure says. I nod.
Yuki looks at Ayame and says, “Ayame, go home.”
“Okay, see you later.” Ayame waves and walks out the door.
“That was easy.” I whisper.

I sit in my room and stare at the ceiling. My mind was wrapped around Kyo. I hear a quiet knock on the door. “Come in,” I whisper.
Yuki walks in the door. He walks over and sits in front of me. “I need to do something,” Yuki whispers and leans in and kisses me.
This wasn’t like the kiss at school. It wasn’t strange or quick. I knew what was happening now and I could feel my mind yell for me to push him away or get angry, but I didn’t. After a while, I lean away slowly.
“That’s all I wanted to do. I just wanted to see how it felt without anyone yelling.”
I grip my covers and feel a blush in my face. Yuki stands up and leaves. I just stare into the darkness and think. I lie back down and force myself to go to sleep.