Status: Working On It

Just Another Gay Love Story

All About Moms

He gave me a grin and we stepped inside. It was bright. It looked nothing like the outside. Every wall was a different color. There was every color in the rainbow and then some that I didn't know existed. We walked through his house to his bedroom. I gasped when I walked inside. It was awesome. There was one really big neon green wall, a solid black wall, a neon pink wall, a neon blue and purple wall, and then the rest of his walls were variations of those colors. It was actually kind of creepy. His room was shaped weird, almost like a octagon.

He let me gawk as he picked up my back pack, "oh god! School like just started, do you have some bowling balls in here or what?" I grinned sheepishly, "no, I have some library books, a few text books, and a magazine or two." The magazine was actually a gay version of playboy, made by the same people. Don't ask why it's in the back pack I take to school. He plopped down on his bed, setting my backpack beside him. I took it, got out my math book, and started teaching him. He was actually really good at this stuff, "why can't you do this good in class?" I asked as we finished my homework. He shrugged, "I guess you just explain it better. I dunno." I laid on his bed, glancing at my watch. God, it was almost nine at night, no wonder I was exhausted. I usually went to bed now and got up at 4:30 in the morning, at my last school I had to get there early if I wanted even a prayer of making it through the day without some form of violence.

Thank god it's Friday so I don't have to do all my homework now. "Stay here for a minute, I'm going to go to the bathroom," he said. I nodded. I sighed contently, I'm just gonna rest my eyes for a minute.

I woke up, smelling pancakes and eggs. Mom was home? Cool, she took some time off. I got up and stretched, yawning. I walked into my bathroom, only I didn't, I walked into a wall. I woke up completely, looking around. My walls weren't neon yesterday. It dawned on me, I was still at Kevin's house!

I looked at my watch, 8:30 A.M. I spent the night here. I searched for Kevin, but he wasn't in here. I ran down the stairs, skidding into the kitchen. Someone that had to be Kevin's mom, same color of hair, same face, was standing at the stove humming while she flipped pancakes. She heard me come in, "oh hello hun, want some pancakes?" She had a heavy southern accent though we lived further up then that. I stood there, confused, "why am I here?"

She waved her hand like to wave off that question, "you fell asleep as soon as Kevin left the room. We tried to wake you up but it was useless, you were more tired then a migrating duck, so we called your mom and she said you could stay the night." She seemed excited by this prospect.

"But where's Kevin?" I asked. She poured some more batter on the griddle, "he's asleep on the couch in the living room, why don't you go get him? Breakfast's almost done." I walked into the living room, shaking Kevin's shoulder. I guess I'm just going to go with it.

"Wha- mom? It's Saturday and I know it's not noon yet," he grumbled, rubbing his eyes. I grinned, not only was he just extremely childish he was also adorable with bed head. He groaned, "that never happened, got it?" I nodded, "I wasn't aware I was that heavy of a sleeper. But your mom says breakfasts almost done." He stretched and I heard something pop.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to steal your bed, you probably could have rolled me on the floor and I wouldn't have felt it or cared," I said with an apologetic smile. He clapped me on the shoulder, partially to say it's fine, partially to hold himself up, "it's alright. Nothing like getting kicked out of your bed to wake you up and tell you to not ever piss off your future wife." I kept the smile on my face as I felt something fall inside, he wasn't gay, so he would never be mine.

I shook that though off, I had only known hm for a week! Now I already consider him mine? Sure he's sweet and was modeled after a god, but that doesn't mean I should stake my claim on him right away, does it?

I sat down with them for breakfast, realizing I hadn't eaten dinner the other night. I dug in with such vigor he and his mom laughed. I looked a bit clueless, "what?" His mom laughed harder, "nothing hun, just eat up. I can make more if you lick that plate clean." I did exactly that. She went to go do something else and Kevin and I were almost having a race. I cleared my plate first and I was debating licking it when she came in.

She seemed as shocked as I was about clearing the mountainous heap of food she left on my plate. She gave me seconds and I barely cleared those. I sat back in my chair, fat and happy. I have no doubt that I just gained like six pounds from all the food I ate. Truthfully, I couldn't care less. I haven't had a breakfast like that in years.

"Wow dude, you are more than me. Not even my dad eats more than me, what do you do to burn off all that energy?" He asked. The last time my ex and I had been together jumped to mind, but I said, "I run and swim some. Plus I didn't eat dinner last night and I have a severely high metabolism." I listed off the reasons. He just shook his head, "come on, I want to see how good you are at video games." I have played video games very little in my life, and let me tell you, I sucked.

We were playing Need For Speed 2, and I couldn't go fifty feet without crashing into something, "ha! I think I've got it!" He laughed, "no, you just paused the game. And now your going to wrong way." Nevertheless, I placed second.

"Whoo! I got second place!" I shouted, jumping up and down. Kevin rolled his eyes, "there were only two people playing." I glared at him, "well aren't you a glass-half-empty kind of guy." At one I grabbed my bag, "I gotta go home, my dad's gonna wake up and wonder where the hell I am." He laughed, "so he wakes up at one?" I nodded, "sometimes later, he works nights as a bank guard. He freaks out easily." He looked at his watch, "eh, I'll walk with you. Nothing else to do, my sister doesn't get home from her dad's until about three." I felt confused, "you have different dads?" I asked.

He went ahead of me out the door, "nope, the same one. She's the only one who calls him dad anymore." We walked silently for a bit more before I admitted, "okay I'm confused." He sighed, "my dad's a bum. Him and my mom got divorced years ago. But my little sister is eight and loves him, and we just can't break it to her that he's a no-good, worthless, piece of trash. Sadly she's going to find it out sooner or later." I looked down, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, trust me. He's not worth worrying over. Is this you're house?" He asked, coming to my fence, "yup. This is home sweet home." I said, a bit bitterly. I had only lived in it for about a month. He looked and gasped, "oh my god! You have a pool?!" He squealed excitedly. I couldn't help but laugh at him, "yea, just uncovered it. We're only going to have it open for another month or so before it'll be too cold to swim." He looked at me, his eyes pleading, "can we go swimming? I haven't been swimming in years." I stifled a giggle with my hand, "sure, let me put my stuff inside first." He followed me inside hopping from one foot to the other like an excited two year old. We passed my dad, sitting in his rope and drinking his coffee. He raised his eyebrow, giving me the is-this-your-new-boyfriend? look. I shook my head, giving him the leave-it-alone look. Men are so awesome we don't need words.

"Dad, this is Kevin, Kevin, this is my Dad. We're going swimming in the pool," I explained. Kevin squealed, jumping up and down. I rolled my eyes at him, "come on, let's go change..." I didn't get to finish my sentence as Kevin shot out of the house, almost running into the glass door, and lost pieces of his clothing as he sprinted for the pool. I shrugged, "what the hell." And ran after him. By the time I got there he was in his boxers, just floating on his back. I resisted the urge to drool and jumped in after him, cannon ball style. It was actually really fun, not having people freak out because I was gay and they were 'exposed'.

After an hour and a half, I heard a car pull in. I recognized it as my mom's. I felt panic rise in me, "Kevin, I'm sorry but you have to go. Like right now." I got out of the pool, running to grab towels. He hauled himself out of the pool, shaking his hair, "why?" I handed him a towel, "because my mom's home." He shrugged, "from what I've seen she's really nice, maybe I should go introduce myself." He tried to walk in the house and I grabbed his arm, hauling him back, "no! She is nice, she's really nice, just as nice as your mom. But just trust me on this one, you don't want to meet her in this particular scenario."

I pushed him towards the gate, "listen, I'm really, really sorry about this. But now is not the time to meet her. I'll explain later, I promise." He pulled on his clothes, "alright. But I want an explanation tomorrow. Meet me at the library around one? We still have to finish our English project." I nodded, "alright. I'll explain it then. Thanks." He flashed me a grin that made me melt, and started down the road towards his house. I quickly dried off and pulled my clothes on, running inside before my mom wondered where I was. I shot dad the don't-say-a-word look. He just sipped his coffee obediently.

"So what did you do today?" My mom asked, "well, just hung out here once I got home, went swimming." I didn't go into extreme detail. She didn't seem to notice, she was exhausted from work, "I hope you don't mind, but I'm not making dinner. I'm going to bed, when you get hungry there's some leftovers in the fridge." I grinned, my mom was overworked, yes. She was often too tired to do household stuff, which left me and my dad, yes. But she was the most loving person I had ever known and if we really wanted her to she could and would be able to do all the chores around the house, make dinner, and still go to work. But I loved her too much to put that kind of strain on her. Instead my dad and I just ordered pizza when we got hungry.

Once I was done with my chores I went upstairs, tired. But I couldn't fall asleep. I laid on my bed, just staring at the ceiling for what seemed like hours. Finally I drifted off to a light sleep, too bad it didn't last.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a while, a really long while, but I have an excuse! Actually no I don't, but the chapters have been piling up where I have saved them, so I'm actually on like chapter 8, but haven't loaded it yet.