Status: active

Cry Little Sister

Good God Y'all

Sam and Phoebe were standing outside Bobby's hospital door watching him stare out a window.

Dean walked up to them with an envelope in his hand "It's been like three days now? We got to cheer him up. Maybe I'll give him a backrub."

Phoebe lookd at him "Dean."

Dean shrugged his shoulders "Well, what, then?"

Sam sighed "Look...we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time."

Phoebe looked down at Dean's hand "What's in the envelope?"

Dean pulled out an x-ray "Went to radiology. Got some glamour shots. Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

Sam held the x-ray up "Holy crap."

Dean nodded "Yeah, well, Cas carved you one, too."

Sam's phone went off and he answered it "Hello? ...Castiel?"

Dean raised his eyebrows "Speak of the devil."

Sam looked confused "Ah, St. Martin's Hospital. Why? What are you—Cas?"

Sam pulled the phone away from his ear at looked at it. He closed it and put it away. Phoebe turned and saw Castiel walking towards them.

She ran to him and hugged him "Oh my god, You are alive."

Cas hugged her back "Yes."

He pulled away and put a hand on her ribs and gave her a sigil "You'll need that. I'll have to do it to Corey too."

He grabbed her hand and pulled her with him to stand next to Dean.

Dean looked at him with raised eyebrows "Cell phone, Cas? Really? Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?"

Castiel looked at him "You're hidden from angels now—all angels. I won't be able to simply—"

Bobby cut in "Enough foreplay. Get over here and lay your damn hands on." No one moves "Get healing. Now."

Castiel sighed "I can't."

Bobby turned to face them "Say again?"

Castiel walked closer to Bobby "I'm cut off from heaven and much of heaven's power. Certain things I can do. Certain things I can't."

Bobby glared at him "You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life?"

"I'm sorry."

"Shove it up your ass."

Dean looked at his siblings "At least he's talking now."

"I heard that."

Castiel turned back to Dean "I don't have much time. We need to talk."

"Okay."

"Your plan to kill Lucifer."

"Yeah. You want to help?"

"No. It's foolish. It can't be done."

"Oh. Thanks for the support."

"But I believe I have the solution. There is someone besides Michael strong enough to take on Lucifer. Strong enough to stop the apocalypse."

Sam looked at cas confused "Who's that?"

Cas turned to him "The one who resurrected me and put you on that airplane. The one who began everything. God. I'm gonna find God."

Dean turned and closed the door and turned to face Castiel "God?"

Cas nodded "Yes."

"God."

"Yes! He isn't in heaven. He has to be somewhere."

Dean smirked at him "Try New Mexico. I hear he's on a tortilla."

Castiel looked confused "No, he's not on any flatbread."

Dean sighed "Listen, Chuckles, even if there is a God, he is either dead—and that's the generous theory—"

Castiel looked at him harder "He is out there, Dean."

"—or he's up and kicking and doesn't give a rat's ass about any of us." Castiel glared at Dean "I mean, look around you, man. The world is in the toilet. We are literally at the end of days here, and he's off somewhere drinking booze out of a coconut. All right?"

"Enough. This is not a theological issue. It's strategic. With God's help, we can win."

They raised their voices loud enough to awaken Corey. Phoebe sighed and picked him up.

"It's okay baby, mama's got ya."

Castiel looked fondly at them for a moment before Dean spoke to him again.

"It's a pipe dream, Cas."

Castiel walked closer to Dean "I killed two angels this week. My brothers. I'm hunted. I rebelled. And I did it, all of it, for you, and you failed. You and your brother destroyed the world and I lost almost everything, for nothing. So keep your opinions to yourself."

Bobby spoke up "You didn't drop in just to tear us a new hole. What is it you want?"

Cas nodded and looked at him "I did come for something. An amulet."

"An amulet? What kind?"

"Very rare. Very powerful. It burns hot in God's presence. It'll help me find him."

Phoebe looked up from Corey "A God EMF?"

Bobby shrugged "Well, I don't know what you're talking about. I got nothing like that."

Castiel looked pointedly at Dean "I know. You don't."

Dean looked down at his amulet "What, this?"

Cas nodded "May I borrow it?"

Dean glared at him "No."

"Dean. Give it to me."

"All right, I guess." Dean handed it to Castiel "Don't lose it. Great. Now I feel naked."

Cas took it and nodded "I'll be in touch."

With one last look at Phoebe and Corey he left.

"When you find God, tell him to send legs!"

Phoebe laughed at Bobby's last call. Bobby glared at her until his phone rang. He answered it.

"Hello? I can't hear you. Where are you? Colora—Colorado? River Pass, Colorado? Rufus? You there? Ruf—Rufus?"

Bobby looked up from his phone and looked at the Winchesters.

"That was Rufus, he's in trouble and needs help."

Dean stood up "Okay where is he?"

"River Pass Colorado. He says the town's overrun with Demons."

Dean Sam stood up and walked towards the door. Sam paused and looked back at Phoebe

"Aren't you coming?"

Phoebe smirked and held up Corey "I can't."

Sam nodded "Alright, we'll call you."

Phoebe nodded "Okay."

Later that evening Phoebe left the hospital to her motel room. She had just put Corey down when she heard knocking at her door. Phoebe grabbed her gun and opened the door a crack. She sighed in relief when she saw it was Castiel. Phoebe opened the door wider and let him in.

She put her gun down and looked back at him "What are you doing here?

Castiel walked over to Corey's bassinet "I wanted to see you and him."

He reached down and touched Corey's chest. He lifted his hand off and looked at Phoebe.

"There. Now he is protected as well."

Phoebe watched him look back at Corey fondly.

"You can hold him you know."

Castiel looked up at her confused.

Phoebe stepped closer to him "I just realized that you've never held him before."

Castiel nodded and leaned over to pick Corey up. He held him for a minute before Corey woke up and started whimpering.

Castiel looked up at Phoebe panicked "What do I do?"

Phoebe smiled at him "Just rock him. It'll lull him back to sleep."

Castiel started rocking and smiled when Corey calmed down.

Phoebe smiled at the sight of the two "How come you're not out looking for God?"

Castiel shrugged "I felt an urge to be here instead."

Phoebe smiled at him. The little family of three stayed together the whole night.

Two days later Dean came back without Sam.

Phoebe looked at him confused "Where's Sam?"

Dean sighed looked down "He decided that he needed to quit hunting and be on his own. He has to rediscover himself."

Phoebe sighed "Oh Sam. What happened in Colorado?"

"It wasn't demons. It was War. He was making people see each as demons."

Phoebe closed her eyes " The four horsemen."

Dean smirked "You're in trouble by the way."

Phoebe furrowed her eyebrows "What?"

"Ellen was there and boy is she mad that you didn't call her to tell her you had a baby."