Status: active

Cry Little Sister

Free to be you and me

“Ain’t he just as cute as a button?”
Phoebe smiled as she watched Ellen hold Corey. Jo was leaning over her mother to look at Corey and was smiling at him. Phoebe invited the two women to Bobby’s to see her son. After getting a stern talking to from Ellen they haven’t been able to stop gushing over him.
Phoebe leaned over grabbed her son’s little foot “Yeah he takes after his daddy.”
Jo smirked “Isn’t that just the way his vessel looks?”
Phoebe gave her a look “Don’t get started on the whole what’s Jimmy and what’s Castiel. So be nice or I won’t let you hold Corey.”
Ellen looked over at Phoebe “So how have the boys been since the split?”
Phoebe shook her head “Don’t get me started on them. They’re both being idiots. Sam thinks that if he acts like it’s not there then nobody is going to get hurt and Dean is hunting alone again. I just know Dean is going to do something stupid.”
Jo snorted “Well yeah, he’s Dean.”
Phoebe shook her head “Yeah that’s the truth. And he sometimes gives me a look like I’m crazy for wanting to stay home with my infant son and for wanting to be here to help Bobby out.”
Ellen rose her eyebrow “Don’t you let him make you feel bad about being a good mom.”
Phoebe smiled “Don’t worry Ellen, I’m not.”
Just then Castiel appeared in the room.
Phoebe looked up at him and smiled “Hey Cas.”
Castiel smiled at her and looked at Corey and smiled.
Ellen looked at him “Your son is so cute I could just eat him up.”
Cas looked at Phoebe alarmed “Why does she want to eat our child?”
Phoebe smiled at him “She doesn’t really want to eat him. It’s just an expression.”
Cas relaxed “Oh.” He turned back to Ellen “I’m glad you think he is edible then.”
The girls laughed. Phoebe looked at him “What did you need?”
“I was looking for Dean but I can’t find him anymore. Do you know where he is?”
Phoebe stood up “Yeah, he called a little while ago telling me where he was.” She walked over to Bobby’s desk “I wrote it down so I didn’t forget.”
She grabbed a piece of paper and handed it to Castiel.
Castiel looked at it for a minute and then looked back at Phoebe “Thank you.” And with that he kissed her check and disappeared.
Phoebe smiled at the spot he was standing in “Isn’t he adorable?”
Jo smiled at her “Yeah, that whole naïve thing works for him.”
Phoebe pursed her lips “Don’t mock him. The only humans he has spent any length of time with are me and my brothers. So forgive him if he doesn’t understand slang, irony, or metaphors.”
Ellen stood up “Well I think he’s fine and if you’re happy then I’m happy.”
Phoebe smiled “Thanks Ellen.”

The next night Phoebe heard the phone ringing. She went into the living room and saw Bobby arguing with someone on the phone. He looked up at her when she walked into the room. Phoebe mouthed “Who is it?” Bobby looked up and mouthed back “Sam.” Phoebe pursed her lips and held her hand out for the phone. Bobby handed her the phone.
Phoebe put the phone up to her ear “Samuel Winchester you listen to me right now.”
“Phoebe? What are you doing at Bobby’s?”
“I need to be stationary at the moment to take care of my baby and Bobby didn’t mind. That’s beside the point anyway. When are you going to realize that you splitting off on your own is never a good idea?”
She heard Sam sigh through the phone “I told you already Phoebe it’s for the best. Dean can’t trust me not to fall off the wagon. And well I don’t think I can trust myself either. And no one will get hurt because of me this way.”
Phoebe shook her head “You always think that and then things go wrong.”
“Just let it go Phoebe. I’m not coming back.”
“Fine Sam just remember that I told you so.”
Phoebe hung up the phone and crossed her arms. She couldn’t believe how stupid her brothers were being.

Two days after her phone call with Sam Phoebe was sitting in her room reading with Corey sleeping in his bassinet. She heard a noise and looked up and saw Castiel standing in the door way.
Phoebe set her book aside and smiled at him “Hey what are you doing here?”
Castiel walked over to the bassinet and looked down at Corey “I just finished my mission with Dean. It did not end like I hoped.”
Phoebe reached out towards him “Awe I’m sorry sweetie. Come here and tell me about it.”
Castiel walked over to the bed and sat down next to her “I heard the arch angel Raphael was on earth. If I captured him he could tell me where God is.”
“And that’s why you needed Dean?”
“Yes. We questioned an officer where the vessel was. Did you know you can’t tell them the truth?”
Phoebe smiled at him “Yes I did. What happened next?”
“We made a plan about how we were going to trap Raphael. Dean then took me to a brothel. He said no man should die after only having sex once.”
Phoebe sat up straight “Dean took you where?”
“A brothel.”
Castiel said it with such an innocent face that she almost wasn’t mad.
“And what did you do at this brothel?”
“Dean gave me money and sent me to a room with Chastity. She didn’t like it though when I told her that her dad left because he hated his job at the post office not because of her. After that Dean and I had to leave.”
Phoebe leaned back against the head board “I am going to kill Dean.”
Castiel looked at her confused “Why?”
Phoebe looked at him “Because he took you to a brothel and paid for a woman to have sex with you. Even though she didn’t get the chance.”
“But Dean said that we were not married and that I was free to do anything.”
Phoebe shook her head “Cas you told me you love me.”
“Yes and I meant it.”
“I know and I meant it when I said I loved you too. When two people love each other Castiel they generally don’t have sex with other people.”
“So I should not listen to Dean?”
Phoebe smiled “Yes no one takes relationship advice from Dean. So did you get Raphael?”
Castiel sighed “Yes but he did not tell us anything. He said that God was dead.”
Phoebe sat up and hugged him “Nobody knows that for sure. I say you keep looking until you find him. That’s what I did when my dad went missing.”
Castiel pulled back and smiled at her “Your brother told me almost the same thing.”
Phoebe shrugged “Well as much as it pains me to admit sometimes we are related.”
Castiel looked confused. Phoebe shook her head “Never mind.”
The couple cuddled together for a while until Phoebe’s phone buzzed next to them on the bedside table.
Phoebe sat up and grabbed it. She looked at the caller i.d. and groaned “It’s Dean. He better have a good reason for taking you to the brothel. Hey Dean.”
“Hey Pheebs. Just calling for my check in.”
“Uh-huh. And what did you do the past couple of days?”
“Oh nothing much. Worked a case. Oh and I saw Cas.”
“Oh really and where was that, the brothel?”
“He’s there with you now isn’t he?”
“Yup and he told me everything. So the next time you decide to try to get someone laid, make sure they’re single. Because I can take care of that problem for him you know.”
“Then why haven’t you then huh?”
“Oh I’m about too. Goodbye Dean.”
Phoebe hung up the phone and looked at Castiel. She leaned forward and kissed him.

The next day Phoebe’s cell phone rang while she was bathing Corey. She answered it without looking at the caller i.d. “Hello.”
“Phoebe…”
Phoebe stood up straight “Oh god Sam what’s wrong?”
“You were right. The hunters that came to do that job in town found out about the apocalypse and me drinking demon blood. They tried to make me drink more so I could kill the demons.”
“Oh Sam.”
“And that’s not the worst part.”
Phoebe furrowed her eyebrows “What do you mean?”
“I had a dream. Lucifer told me I was his true vessel.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. Life decided to crap all over me. So I'm not sure how frequent I'll be able to update but I promise that I will finish this story.