Status: Finished

Rescue Me

Just promise me something, Tom

The past few days had been quite rough. The boy's show in Padova didn't turned out so good, seeing that Tom was a little out of it with the few hours of sleep he had. David hadn't canceled the show so three hours after Tom and I went to bed, Saki woke us up to tell us we had to get out things ready to drive from Turin to Padova.

I felt extremely bad because I was the cause of the not-so-good show and I think David knew it, seeing that he haven't talked to him since then. It's been 2 days since we left Padova, leaving us in Belgrade, Serbia. I felt extremely bad especially because when I had begged David to come on tour, I told him I wouldn't distract Tom from his work and that is exactly what I had been doing for the past few weeks.

I sighed, which made me cough, as Tom and I entered our hotel room in Serbia. I got a cold, probably from all the traveling and different cold weathers.

“Does your throat still hurts?” Tom asked me, after closing the door.

“Yeah,” I said, in a groggy voice.

“I think I still have some cough drops in my bag somewhere,” he said and placed his bag on the little table, trying to find something while I quietly walked over to the bed and removed my jeans. I slipped under the comforter and rested my back against the pillow on the headboard. I felt utterly sick; my nose was running, my throat was dry and itchy and my eyes were heavy. “Ah, found them!”

Walking over to me in the bed, Tom sat down next to me and placed the cough drops on my lap. “Thanks,” I muttered and grabbed one from the little Ricola bag.

“That should soothe your sore throat,” he said and cupped my knee with his large hand. “I ave to leave in a few minutes for the show, are you going to come with me?” he asked.

Resting my head against the headboard behind me, I coughed again. “I think I'll stay here and try to get some rest.”

“Yeah?” To said, looking at me closely. “Well, I'll ask one of the bodyguards to say outside of the room just in case, okay?”

Not wanting to fight this over, I simply lowered myself on the bed to lay down and nodded my head with closed eyes. “M'kay.”

“Get some rest, I'll be back before you know it,” I felt Tom's lips linger on my forehead for a moment before he got up and grabbed something. A few minutes later, I heard the hotel room door close quietly.

“Ugh,” groaning quietly, I got up from the bed and searched around the room for my suitcase.

It has been an hour since Tom left and an hour since I haven't fell asleep.

I was tired but every time I closed my eyes, they would re-open or I would think about a bunch of things, making it impossible for me to fall asleep.

“There it is,” I quietly said, after grabbing something from the bottom of my suitcase. I walked back over to the bed and sat on the side. Reading quickly over the bottle, I smiled and popped the cap open, dropping two little blue pills in my hand. I placed the bottle on the nightstand and swallowed the two little pills in my hand, taking a sip of my water bottle.

I laid back in bed, already feeling the effect of the Valium taking its place in my system. I had decided to take my pills with me just in case my sleeping problems would come back while on tour and seeing that I couldn't sleep at the moment, taking two of them was a great idea, at least that's what I thought.

I yawned, feeling a little dizzy afterward. I closed my eyes and rested my head against the pillow, bringing the comforter higher.

Withing a few seconds, I fell in a deep slumber, making me happy.

------------------- Tom's point of view.

“Alright Bill, I'll talk to you later,” I called out from the front of my room as he entered his. “Goodnight.”

“Hi, Mr. Kaulitz,” Tobi said as he stood next to the door.

I turned my head to him and smiled. “Hey! How was Kaydene?” I asked as I searched for my room card in the back pocket of my jeans.

“I didn't hear any noise, or practically, from the room so I guess she's been sleeping at the time,” he responded, with a normal expression on his face.

“Ah, okay,” I said, chuckling a little. “Well your shift ends now so... have a good night,” I told him, smiling.

“Have a good night as well, Mr. Kaulitz,” with that, Tobi walked away just as I entered the hotel room. I tried to be as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake Kaydene up.

I failed miserably when I hit my foot against the table, making my bag fall loudly on the ground.

My eyes quickly turned around to look at my best friend who was laying on the bed. I walked over to her and bent down, shaking her shoulder a bit. “Kay, it's Tom. Wake up,” I said. She didn't budge a little. Frowning, I turned to the right and saw a.. bottle of pills?

I quickly removed my hand from her shoulder and grabbed the bottle. “What the fuck?” I said out loud. It was a prescribed bottle of Valium. Why the fuck would she take Valium? Turning back to her, I roughly shook her shoulder. “Kaydene,” I said loudly.

She didn't even move and her eyes were still closed.

“Fuck,” I muttered and looked back at the bottle.

She wouldn't...

Placing my hand in my jeans pocket, I pulled out my cellphone and dialed the number I knew the most.

“Tom?” my brother's voice rang into the phone a few seconds after.

“Bill, fuck! Please get here!” I said, placing my left hand behind my neck.

“What's wrong?” he asked, worriedly.

“It's Kaydene. She isn't waking up a–and I found a b–bottle of sleeping pills!” I said, panicking. “Just get here, okay?”

“Okay,” he quickly said.

I hung up and threw my cellphone on the nightstand. “Kaydene, wake up!” I said, shaking her shoulder. I went on the bed and sat next to her, turning her body so she would be laying on her back instead of her side. “Wake up! Please!” I said, lifting her eyelids: she was completely knocked out.

“What do you mean she won't wake up?” Bill said, appearing in the room.

“I don't know,” I said, looking over at him. “I came in and hit myself so then I turned to see if she woke up but she didn't so I went and did it myself but then she wouldn't budge and then I saw that bottle of pills and – and – ”

Bill quickly walked over to the other side of the bed, close to the nightstand and cut me off. “We gotta call an ambulance, Tom! Call 911!” he said as he placed his shaking hand on her arm.

I jumped out of the bed and grabbed my cellphone and dialed 911.

------------------------------------

“Tom,” I snapped my head up and saw Bill looking at me, with his hand on my knee. “Stop jumping your leg up and down.”

I gave him a death glare and continued anyways. He knew it was my habit, especially if I was nervous. “I'll stop when I'll be able to go in that fucking room and see if my best friend is alright!” I snapped, still bouncing my right leg. I heard my brother sighed next to me and remove his hand from my knee. “Will anyone tell us what the fuck is happening right now?!” I shouted.

“Tom – ”

“Mr. Kaulitz?” I looked behind me and quickly got up.

“Yeah?” I asked, eying the doctor who was holding a pad in his hand.

“I'm Dr. Roberts,” he said, handing out his hand. I shook it with my own and then pulled away. “Kaydene took two pills of Valium which were prescribed by her doctor a few months ago but Ms. Adler had no food in her system which made her system weak, the fact that she hadn't taken any pills in a while made her body react differently which caused the faint.”

“Is – is she gonna be okay?” I asked, swallowing hard.

“A nurse gave her a food and a few vitamins and hopefully her system will be back to normal,” Dr. Robert explained as Bill stood next to me, his hand on my shoulder.

“Can we see her?” my brother asked, calmly.

“You may see her but she might be feeling a bit weak and sleepy so keep it low,” Dr. Roberts gave us a smile and walked away.

“Come on Bill,” I said, grabbing his arm. We both walked over to room 396 and knocked on the door. After a few seconds of not having an answer, I looked at Bill confusingly.

“You should go in, text me when we can come in okay?”

I nodded and mentally thanked him. As he walked back over to the waiting room, I put my hand on the handle and opened the door, quietly. After closing the door behind me, I noticed Kaydene on the bed, looking at me. With my hands in my pockets, I walked over to her. I silently dragged the chair that was close to the wall and placed it closer to the bed so I could sit closer to my best friend.

“Hey,” I said, quietly as we looked at each other.

“Hi,” she said back, in a small voice.

“How are you feeling?” I asked her, trying to stay calm.

“I'm okay, just a little tired,” she said, nodding her head lightly. “What about you?”

“Me?” I asked and continued when I received a nod. “To be honest, I've been worried. So fucking worried.”

“Yeah?” she asked, chuckling a little which brought a smile to my face.

“I really thought I was going to lose you,” I quietly said, after a short silence. “P–please don't ever to that again, okay?”

“It wasn't my intention to, you know...” she quietly said, looking in my eyes. “It just... I wasn't able to sleep so I thought my Valium would help so I took two and then the next thing, I wake up in a hospital.”

Placing my elbows on the bed, I said, “It's not your fault, okay? I'm glad you're okay, but fuck! You scared me so fucking bad. I was trying to wake you up but you – you wouldn't budge. You have no idea how much that s–scared me.”

“Tom...” Kaydene whispered, placing her hand on my left cheek. “I – love you, okay?”

“Wh – ” I was about to say something but she cut me off and continued.

“I've put you through hell since I came on tour with you guys and I'm truly sorry. I wasn't my intention, I swear it wasn't,” she said, her hand still on my cheek. “I've regret so many things in my life and I've made so many mistakes but I know one thing for sure that is not a regret nor any mistake.”

“And what's that?” I asked, confused.

“Falling in love with you,” she said, smiling and blushing at the same time.

“You – you're in love with me?” I asked, trying to hold my mouth from dropping.

“And you're so silly that you've never noticed,” my best friend said, chuckling lightly as she removed her hand from my cheek.

“I'm not silly,” I said, shaking my head like a little child. “I'm just... unaware of things sometimes, if that makes sense,” I said, which made both of us laugh.

Suddenly, her lips gently pressed against mine, making me surprise but yet, I found myself kissing her back. I got closer to her and cupped her face with my hand.

After a moment, Kaydene pulled away gently, blushing.

“Were you really that scared about me?” she asked, looking up at me as I stood next to the bed.

“You scare me again like that and I swear I – I'll... I don't know what I'll do but – ” I was interrupted by Kaydene as she started to laugh, in a weak voice.

“I swear I won't scare you like that again,” she told me, smiling.

I nodded and sat back on the chair, resting my chin on my arms that laid on the bed, next to Kaydene. “So uh,” I coughed uncomfortably and looked back at her. “So does this mean you'll be my girlfriend, seeing that you know, we both like each other and... yeah.”

“You're so silly,” my best friend said, giggling as she placed a hand on the side of my face. “But yes,” she smiled. “I will be your girlfriend.”

The biggest smile appeared on my face as I heard those five little words. I got up from my chair and bent down to be face-to-face with Kaydene. “I love you, Kay. I love you so much,” I whispered against her lips.

“Can – can you just promise me something, Tom?” she asked quietly after pulling away from the kiss.

“Yeah, sure,” I said, a little worried.

“Promise me you won't hurt me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There we go (:
the story is finished!