Status: Finished

Rescue Me

Charges for physical abuse?

I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself as I got out of the shower. After drying my body, I grabbed my clothes and started to get dressed, starting by pulling on my panties and putting my bra. I grabbed my skinny jeans off the bathroom counter and struggled to put them on. I winced when they reached just below my butt. I think I had a bruise otherwise I wouldn't of winced like that. I took my t-shirt and pulled it on slowly. My bruises still hurt so I had to be gentle. I put my black hoodie on and I was done getting dressed.

I started to do my hair. I simply towel dried them and brushed them. After I was done, I grabbed all my things and left the bathroom. Bill was still sleeping while Tom was awake and standing in the kitchen, his head hidden in the fridge. I chuckled which made him stand up, looking over at me.

“What?” He asked, smirking.

“Nohing,” Laughing, I shook my head and made my way towards the room to put my dirty clothes in my bag. I walked back into the kitchen when I was done and leaned my elbow on the counter, looking at Tom who was drinking some orange juice. “You talked to Tristan last night?” I asked.

“Yeah. I called him,” He said and placed his glass in the sink. “He asked how you were and all. He told me that he yelled at Alec for what he did to you when we saw him that night. He kicked him out of your apartment as well,” Tom explained.

“Really?” I asked, shocked that Tristan kicked his cousin out of my apartment.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “Tristan asked me if you were going to put charges or something like that against Alec,” He stayed quiet for a few seconds before he continued. “Are you going to?”

“No,” I said, shaking my head.

“Why not? He could go to prison for what he did to you and he sure does deserves it!” Tom exclaimed.

“I just don't want to go through all that process,” Lowering my head, I looked down at my hands and continued. “I don't want to cause more problems,”

“He needs to be in prison for what he did, Kaydene.” Tom said, making me look up at him.

“I know I just... I don't want to go in court and all,” I admitted.

“You won't go in court. Maybe we can go at the police station and see what's going to happen?” He asked.

“I really don't want to, Tom.” I told him honestly.

“It will be for the best,” He told me. “I'll come for you. I'll be by your side the whole time,” He said and came to stand next to me. I simply look up at him, debating on whether should I go or not.

After a minute, I sighed and nodded. “Okay. I'll go but please come with me. I can't do this on my own,” I could feel the tears stinging in my eyes but I forced myself not to cry in front of my best friend.

“Like I said, I'll be with you no matter what,” Tom gave me a warm smile and crossed his arms against his torso while leaning his back against the kitchen counter.

“But... what if they ask you about your face?” Reaching for Tom's face, I placed my hand below his blackened right eye.

“I'll tell them what happened,” He said.

“You'll get in trouble for fighting with him,” I said, looking at him as I removed my hand from his face.

“I won't. I was protecting you,” He smiled and uncrossed his arms. “Come on, we'll go back our things. We have 40 minutes left to be in the hotel,” I nodded and followed him to his room. He grabbed his suitcase and placed it on the bed while I took my bag and put my clothes in it.

“Is Bill still sleeping?” I asked him.

“I better go wake him up,” He laughed and walked out the room as I followed him. “Um, why are you following me?” He asked, with a raised eyebrow.

“I need to get my things from the bathroom,” I said, confused.

“Oh okay,” He laughed as I walked into the bathroom. I grabbed my tooth brush and my other toiletries that were on the bathroom counter. After they were all in my bag, I walked back to the room and sat on the bed, watching Tom as he packed his things.

“Bill's awake?” I asked him.

“Yeah,” He said, taking a glance at me as he placed clothes in his suitcase. “Wanna help me pack?” He asked, smirking.

“No thank you,” I said, smirking back.

“Please. I have so many things it'll take forever to pack,” He begged as he put more clothes in his suitcase while still looking at me.

I groaned and looked at him. “Fine!” He grinned and gave me another suitcase to pack his things.

---------

“I'll stay here while you guys go in,” Bill announced, from the backseat.

“Okay,” Tom said, giving him a look from the rear view mirror. I opened the door and got out, waiting for Tom. After a minute, he came got out of the car and walked over to me.

“Where's he going?” I asked Tom, confused, as Bill drove away with Tom's Escalade.

“He just needs to meet up with someone,” He said, looking down at me. “Come one,” He guided me to the police station and opened the door, letting me in first.

“How can I help you?” The woman behind the desk said, as we walked over to her.

“We would like to speak with the chief police, please.” Tom told her.

“I'm afraid that it's impossible, sir!” She said.

“It's really important!” Tom begged.

“He's in a m-” The woman got cut off by a man who came next to Tom.

“Everything alright here?” He asked.

“Mister here was just asking for you,” The woman said, smiling at him.

“Dieter Glietsch,” He said, handing out his hand.

“Tom Kaulitz,” Tom said, as he shook his hand. Dieter then turned to me and copied his action.

“Kaydene Adler,” I said, taking his hand with mine.

“How may I help you sir?” Mr Glietsch asked Tom as we followed him to his office.

“We're here to talk to someone about pressing charges for physical abuse,” Tom said.

“Have a seat,” Mr Glietsch said, pointing to the chairs in front of his desk while he closed the door and sat behind his desk. “Press charges for physical abuse?”

“That's right sir,” Tom nodded. “Kaydene here,” he pointed to me, “is an abused victim by her ex boyfriend and she would like to press charges against him,”

“Ex boyfriend? Would you like to explain me the whole situation, please?” The chief asked.

I looked at Tom and he simply nodded, indicating me that everything was going to be okay. “For the past two months, I've been abused by my boyfriend Alec, well he used to be my boyfriend,” I explained.

“Two months?” Mr Glietsch asked. I simply nodded and continued to look at him. “Pressing charges for physical abuse will require going to court,” He explained.

“See Mr Glietsch, that's what we were hoping,” Tom said. “Kaydene doesn't want to go to court. All she want is him locked up or something,”

“I'm afraid that isn't possible, Mr Kaulitz. Kaydene will need to go to court so the judge can decide what will happen to Alec,” The chief explained us.

“I really don't want to go to court,” I said, looking at Tom. “I'll have to face him and I really can't afford for a lawyer, Tom.” I told him, with glassy eyes.

“I know, it's okay,” He said. “Is there anything I can do so she won't have to go in court?” he asked, looking back at the chief. “And due to our schedule, court time isn't possible. ” Due to our schedule? What schedule?

“I would need proofs that she had been abused,” Mr Glietsch said, eying me.

“Are bruises enough?” I asked, quietly.

“Yes, that would work.” He said. “But I would have to take pictures. That's the condition,” I nodded. I didn't really mind having them taking pictures of my bruises. It was better that then going in court.

“Are you okay with having pictures taken?” Tom asked and turn his gaze to look at me.

“I am okay with it,” I said quietly, giving him a small smile.

“What about you Mr Kaulitz?” The chief asked, which made Tom look back at him. “What happened to your face?”

“When Kaydene told me what Alec did to her, we drove back to her apartment and of course, I was really mad for what he have done to my best friend. When he opened the door, I started to yell at him and then he started to call Kaydene horrible names because she had told me and he then punched her in the face. I went crazy and started to hit him,” Tom explained. It wasn't all true because Tom did attacked Alec first.

“I see,” The chief said and nodded. “I will have a lady to take you to another room for the pictures now,” He said, looking at me as he spoke. I simply nodded and stayed quiet as he dialed a number and talked to someone.

“Are you okay?” Tom asked me and placed a hand on my arm. I nodded and got up when Mr Glietsch did.

A few seconds later, a woman came into the office and took me into a little room. While she installed the camera, I stripped off my clothes, only staying in my panties and my bra. “Is this okay?” I asked her.

“I was just going to ask you to stay in your underwear so it's okay,” She said, smiling. I didn't felt really comfortable being here in nothing but this in front of this lady but it was better than a man.

“Do I need to tie my hair?” I asked her.

“Yes please,” She replied, giving me a smile. I smiled back and tied my hair in a bun over my head with the elastic that was around my wrist. “Can you please face the wall, having your back towards me please?” I did what I was told and waited for her to take a few pictures. “Turn around please,” I turned around like she asked me and noticed the pity she had in her eyes. I quickly looked away, not liking the fact that she gave me that look. “This is it. You can now get dressed,” She said, after taking another few pictures.

After I got dressed, I walked out the room with the lady, to find Tom and Mr Dieter Glietsch waiting for us. They were both in a conversation but stopped when they heard the door open. I gave them a small smile and stood next to Tom. He wrapped his arm around my waist, keeping me close to him.

“Now all you need to do is fill in this form so we know who Alec is and fill in these two forms,” The chief said, handing me some papers and a pen. “Just fill in as much as you can,” He said. I nodded and sat down on a table that was near. Tom stayed with the chief and continued their conversation as I filled in the papers.

I started by the one to fill in information about myself, did the second one which required me to check some answers and sometimes fill them in. It was simple questions like 'Since when has the abuse started? What caused the abuse to start? What is the main reason why you didn't come to the police earlier?' For the Alec form, it was more like an information paper that asked his full name, his birthday, his age, his phone number and what he looked like.

After I was done, I walked back to the two people and handed the chief the papers. “Thank you Miss Adler,” He said and took the papers and the pen from my hands. “If there's anything else we need to know, don't be shy to come up to me,”

“Thank you Sir. We appreciate everything you did for us today,” Tom said and shook his hand.

“Yes, thank you!” I said a little quieter and shook his hand as well. As we walked out of the police station, I let out a deep sigh and smiled at Tom. “Thank you for being there with me,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone that commented so far (:
And for the ones that subscribed to this story (:
It means a lot to me ^^