Status: Active!!!

Everything Happens for a Reason

Chapter 3: Guilt

RECAP: I answered my phone and giggled.

***
“Cam!” I said happily and motioned my apology to the guys who covered their ears after I squealed.

“How’s LA?” She asked.

“I haven’t seen much of it yet. But, as soon as I have a look around I’ll fill you in. OMG! Are you at school right now?” I asked.

“Yeah. You want me to put you on speaker? Everybody’s just dying to talk to you.” She said and I envisioned her smiling.

“Fine. But tell them not to ask me how’s LA or I will kill all of them.” I said and she laughed.

“Don’t ask her about LA.” Cam said aloud before she put me on speaker.

“Elaine, you know what to buy me!” I heard my friend, Meliza (it’s pronounced Meh-lie-za), speak up.

“Fine, Melay. (pronounced as Meh-lie) I know what to get you! Oh, did I mention that I’m with the JoBros right now?” I asked and grinned. It had always been our lifelong goal to meet our idols. Or, at least one of them. Her idol is Cole Sprouse. (A/N: Melay is a real person [an awesome one at that]. And, I’m basically introducing my friends and classmates to all of you. So, yeah… you’re gonna read about them [not a lot].)

“Lucky you! Don’t forget to get me Cole’s autograph!” She said happily.

“Nicky, can you get Melay Cole’s autograph?” I asked Nick. He smiled.

“Sure. I’ll text him right now.” Nick answered.

“Thanks!” I answered and smiled at him appreciatively. He returned my smile and we looked away from each other.

“Can I have Cole’s number!???” Melay screamed into the phone. I held the phone away from my ear and looked at the phone as if it had a contagious disease.

“Sorry, but no can do, Melay. That’s confidential stuff. Trust me. I still don’t have Nick’s, Joe’s and Kevin’s numbers.” I said and grinned at them.

“Pretty please!?” Melay begged.

“Aww… Melz. You make everything complicated for me. You know I can’t resist when you pout.” I said and looked out of the car.

“Pretty please, with low-fat sugar on top.” She said sweetly.

“Melz…” I said authoritatively but softly.

“Fine. Thanks!!!” She answered happily. She got what my point was.

***
A week later, we were still in California—but, we were no longer in LA. The Jonas boys as well as their parents and I got along greatly. Nick helped me with some of my homework, and sometimes he even did them for me.

“Nicky, c’mon! You NEED to help me with this Tango practicum. Please! I’ll do everything you ask for a week! I promise.” I pleaded and clasped my hands together and was about to get down on my knees when he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“I’ll do it.” He said and I hugged him. Again, those sparks ran throughout my body.

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” I said and he hugged me back. We let go of each other and I set up my laptop’s web camera. We were gonna join my PE class via Yahoo! Messenger video chat.

“Hey, people of San Sebastian!” I said aloud when I was connected to Cam’s YM account.

“OMG! Elaine!!” They all squealed. I giggled and waved.

“Hey, guys.” I answered.

“Is that N-Nick Jonas!?” Claire asked. I looked behind me and saw Nick rummaging through the fridge of the suite.

“Yep. He’s gonna be my dance partner.” I said and felt Nick’s presence behind me. He laid a can of ice cold root beer in front of me. I looked up at him and he looked down at me.

“Thanks.” I said with a grin.

“No prob.” He answered.

“Here comes the shitface.” Vin grumbled and I snickered.

“Be nice to him. It’s only his second year of teaching.” I said.

“Fine.” He answered.

“Alright, class, stand with your dance partners.” I obliged and stood beside Nick. My teacher taught us some basic tango steps and Nick and I followed.

“I told you it’s right foot, then left, then right foot to the right.” I told Nick after he stepped on my foot for the umpteenth time.

“Sorry.” He said with a cheesy smile I just couldn’t resist.

“It’s alright.” I said and we closed the existing space between us and started from the top.

“Brodway Step.” I mumbled under my breath and he guided me as I did the Broadway Step.

“Seven, eight. Bow.” I muttered and we bowed as did the rest of the class. I heard the familiar school bell and walked towards my laptop.

“Time for Philippine History.” Vin said enthusiastically—History is his favorite subject.

“Bye. Bye, guys.” I bid and we all waved at each other before I closed the Yahoo! Messenger window.

“You miss them a lot.” Nick said quietly behind me.

“A little bit.” I answered with a shrug.

“It’s not just a little bit. Everytime you talk to them, there’s this gleam in your eyes. When we see you that happy, it affects all of us. Most especially m—your mom.” He said softly.

“Okay, Nicky. I miss them. A lot. But, what can I do about it? They’re halfway across the world.” I answered and opened my Facebook account. He sat down beside me and leaned his elbows on his thighs.

“I’m sorry if you had to be stuck here.” He whispered. I looked up at him and saw the sincerity on his face.

“It’s not your fault.” I said quietly and removed my hand from the mouse and twisted my body so I was facing him.

“If I hadn’t recommended your mom as our producer, she would’ve been with you—watching you grow up, helping you with your problems and things like that.” He said quietly.

“Nick… It’s not your fault. This isn’t anybody’s fault.” I said and stroked his cheek. He looked up at me and I swear I melted there. My heart started beating faster when he leaned in. I felt my palms shaking lightly and folded my hands on my lap. Then, I felt his warm, minty breath fanning my face and all was good. He tilted his head and slowly closed his eyes. I also closed my eyes and met him halfway. Then…
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh! Cliffie!! I promise I'll update soon!!! I have the rough draft halfway done.. and.. it's turning out greatly! Soo.. tell me what you guys think.

--Jen!