Status: Slow updates but comments speed everythign up.

Raised by Barakat

What To Get

It was Christmas time. Marley was only two but she understood what was going on. Jack always would coo over how smart she was. Out of random he'd sometimes say "Hey, my kid is smart.". I couldn't blame him though, she talked a lot for a two year old. Then again she is partly Jack's child. 

"What should we get Mar?" Jack asked one night while we were watching tv in the bed. 

"She said she wanted a tonka truck and a few dolls mostly." I said walking out of the bathroom. 

Marley had taken a fascination to trucks. She had started playing with them while she was in day care and now she wanted her own. 

He let out a sigh and sunk into the bed more. "I know but I want to get her something else." 

I laughed a little and lay next to him. "I don't know what to tell you just yet Jack. I mean, she's only two."

"Yeah I know." He said starting to twiddle his thumbs. It was a habit he sometimes had when he needed to think. That or he would rub his nipples which seemed weird at first but you got used to it if you were around him enough. 

After a while we had cut the tv and lights off and started to go to bed. 

"I got it!" He said taking his arms from around me and sitting up. 

"What?" I yawned. 

"You'll see later." He said kissing my cheek. 

As I got ready to say okay I heard a tiny voice in the door way say mommy making Jack and I both turn over. 

"What's wrong Marley?" Jack asked picking her up when she got over to the bed. 

She wiggled in between us and said nothing because she had begun to fall asleep again. Jack and I laughed a little as I put her under the covers. Sometimes she didn't like to sleep by herself, especially whenever Jack was gone. 

Jack and I both turned over to look at each other since she had put a space between us. 

"She sleeps like you, you know that right?" Jack smiled a little. 

"How so?" I asked moving her hair out of her face. 

"Sometimes you just get in the bed and pass out. So she gets that from you." He explained. 

I laughed a little. "I've always been able to do that. So can I go to sleep now?" I asked yawning. 

He gave me a soft kiss not waking Marley. "Good night." He smiled. 

"Good night." I said as Mar snuggled closer to me. 

This was one of the things I loved about having a family. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll try to update as much as I can :)