It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Eighteen

Elena’s POV (One Week on)

I was so glad to be out of the at hospital as soon as possible. Although i still wouldn’t be doing much work for a while as i was ordered to rest. Having Gary act as your new father figure meant you were made to rest as well, he always knew when you wasn‘t resting. Ed was helping Gary out to though making me feel more like a young child. As i sat on the sofa part of the bus i watched a film as Ed settled down beside me.

He was on some painkillers as his wounds continued to heal but he was doing well, i still couldn’t remember how i had saved him though. Although my memory was slowly coming back with the whole incident. At the moment that was making resting a lot harder since i was waking up in cold sweats as my mind relived some of the beatings i had witnessed happen to Ed and to myself.

Many times during the week so far i had fallen asleep due to boredom and had woken in a panic, Ed was the one who was sat beside me calming me back down again as my mind focused on what was going on properly. Although sometimes it was down to Gary whilst the band played their shows. I had an excuse now for not resting because i wanted to watch some of the shows stood beside Amy where i wouldn’t get knocked and hurt my fans.

The shows were a bit odd as Ed was too injured to be able to have a guitar on his shoulder and could only just manage to sing without pain, this meant that Brian instead had to play guitar for the group as i stood helping Amy with a couple of things, the only bit of work i was allowed to do. Ed would smile back at me on occasion though spotting me from the light of the sound desk as he stood next to the mic.

A couple of fans had asked me why he wasn’t playing guitar and i had explained that due to a shoulder injury he couldn’t have a guitar applying pressure to him and they walked off sending him well wishes through me. I was glad it had been decided that we wouldn’t tell fans about the kidnap or anything and that instead it was just a drunken injury, it was a bit easier for fans to digest.

After the latest gig which was in London i headed onto the bus as Amy loaded up the gear into the trailer again, we only had two more shows to go before we were heading on to the European leg of the gig after a few days break, giving us chance to wash our clothes after been on tour for a month already. I sat on the sofa that had become my seat for the time been before Amy joined me on the bus, the lads having t stand outside and greet fans until they got a little too rough with Ed.

‘How you feeling Elly?’

‘Not too bad, hating not been able to do anything though, this bus only offers so much amusement.’

‘You will soon be back to normal, Ed to. You memory any better now?’

‘Since last night no but I am trying to get think over what happened, I’m sure i will get there soon enough, i want to know how i saved Ed but i want to remember it myself, if you know what i mean?’

‘Aww yeah i understand you, just give it time, it was pretty nasty injury you gained. In fact I’ve not cried so much and for so long seeing you in that state.’

‘Ohh Amy, I’m ok that’s the good thing.’

‘yeah i know but that image won’t fade easily, like your recurring nightmares at the moment, which are bound to be ten times worse.’

I nodded to Amy before me and her shared a long best friend hug. I smiled glad that i had such an amazing friend within my life someone who was there for me. Once i let go i noticed that the bus was swaying as the door shut and i guessed that the lads had now joined us. This was soon confirmed as Alex ran down the length of the bus before diving into the seat beside Amy hugging her and placing his ice cold hands on her back as she squirmed away from him. I laughed, that was defiantly Alex and Amy both so immature at times, although it was said that was mainly Alex.

Ed soon settled beside me kissing me before we cuddled up, him falling asleep next to me not used to the bustle of tour again quite yet after last week. I sat playing with his hair for a while as he slept, my mind turning over what had happened, everything but me saving us had returned to my memory, it was just that one memory i wanted.

As we travelled down the motorway, with Gary’s sometimes mad driving i thought more. Amy had vanished to bed with Alex attached to her hip again now that the show was done. Ali was currently winding Dan up as Teddy sat on the phone no doubt to his father.

It took me a few hours before finally i jumped out my seat recovering the one memory i had wanted. I had heard people by the window had called out, then i had remembered blacking out after seeing Ed get beaten badly. As i had jumped out my seat i had woken Ed up who was now sat looking mildly confused as i stood up smiling that i had got everything back. It all matched up now. I looked back at Ed who was tiredly rubbing his eyes, i kissed his lips before whispering the words ‘i remember it all’. Ed smiled back at me before kissing my forehead and demanding that we went to bed, whilst he tried to stifle another yawn.

*************************************************************
Amy’s (Another week later)

The British part of the tour was over now, a month in and we were heading toward the ferry port at the moment. We would be covering Ireland when we returned from the Europe stretch but that would be coming in a month or so, right now we were heading off to play France, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland. It looked like it was going to be a good run and each time we had a couple of days to relax in each of the countries to. It would be a chance for me to enjoy seeing sights outside of the UK again as it had been a while.

As Gary pulled up into the ferry stop i headed toward the front of the end bus. Ali had managed to smell it out really bad just under ten minutes ago and if i was honest i couldn’t wait to be rid of the smell for a couple of hours.

Once i was safely on the ships deck i found a table to perch on where the others soon joined me. Alex was sat beside me arm around my waist as Dan went to fetch us some drinks. I smiled as he returned and sat the other side of me. I felt Alex’s arm tense around me again but let it go ignored as i spoke to Dan.

As the journey continued a couple of teenage girls headed over to our table whilst all five lads had gone for a toilet break together. Gary was too busy enjoying some food and so i turned to speak to them Elena now sat beside me to.

‘Sorry to bother you, but are you travelling with Elliot Minor, are you their girlfriends?’

I felt my face burn slightly with embarrassment as the girls asked the question that since yet hadn’t been asked.

‘I’m their sound engineer and this is their tour photographer, but yes we do both go out with two of the guys. Anything we can help you out with?’

‘Could we get some photos with them, when they return? And could you take them?’

‘yeah sure no problem, take a seat for a little while.’

‘Oh and your so lucky to be dating those two.’

‘haha thanks, how old you two, you seem rather young to me? If you don;t mind me asking of course.’

‘we are both fourteen, travelling with parents, we saw the lads play in London the other night.’

‘Oh right, they are just heading over now, whose your favourites?’

‘I like Dan and Leah here likes Teddy.’

‘I shall see what i can do about that fro you then.’

The girls grins grew as i stood up heading to the five lads and explained about the fans. I asked if Dan and teddy would mind surprising the girls with a kiss on the cheek and huge hugs and they complied easily. Once the two girls who were very happy and grateful after the photo’s had vanished i settled down resting my head against Alex’s shoulder as the boat rocked quite a bit in the sea, what with it starting to get a little rough.

I was glad when we were back on still land after the end of the boat trip which had made me feel a little worse for wear. I headed to my bunk on the bus fro a short nap to help my stomach settle a little. That nap not working because Alex soon came to join me drawing the curtain shut as he clamboured in beside me, us both lying there cuddled up talking instead. It felt out to thin that was now on French turf and not British.