It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Twenty-seven

Amy’s POV

Once me and Alex were dressed we headed for the bus and off to the venue to start unloading. As i set about helping put all the lights up i saw Alex watching me. Whilst i hung from a harness again fixing a broken bulb i smiled down at him, resulting in almost dropping the bulb as i swung freely from the roof. It was always me who got put up for this job, had they not learnt after i had attacked Ali.

I noticed that when i did this now Ali always kept at the most distance. Today was no different for that as he stood behind Dan watching me carefully. Once my feet were safely on the floor again i headed over to the sound desk to start getting microphones plugged in and amps sorted. Elena was wondering around with the camera and was also outside with Ed and teddy who were meeting a couple of fans that had arrived early.

It was freezing outside so the rest of the band soon went out to meet them, knowing the fans were probably freezing stood in the wind. I soon joined them regretting once the wind hit my face. It was ice cold out here, the poor fans would be icicles before long. I had soon disappeared back onto the bus, having remembered we had some spare coffee cups that were for taking with you on the go. I headed in and found them before calling Elena to the bus door. She went to see what drinks the four fans wanted and i made them a hot drink each. They thanked me as they stood talking to us.

After the first Irish show was complete i started unpacking gear whilst the others went out in the sub-zero temperatures to meet fans. I had a thick hoody under another jacket as i lifted the equipment into the trailer so we were ready to leave for the hotel. We had a couple of days before the next show and so we were given the chance to just chill and hang out until whatever time we fancied tonight.

Once i had finished putting the equipment away i went to stand and talk to some fans that were talking to Elena. As i stood there alex placed his arms around me hugging me slightly as i was shivering slightly. Ed was already stood with Elena and both were stood wrapped in each others arms, Ed stretching his coat around Elena as best as he could.

The fans some of whom who were in minimal clothing must of been frozen solid, they were insane to keep standing in this. I decided after a bit that i needed a drink and headed onto the bus to get a beer alex following close behind promising to be right back. A couple of the fans wolf whistled and i turned and winked at them laughing along with them as me and alex stepped into the warmth of the bus.

I had barely shut the door when Alex dragged me along the corridor of the bottom floor making a stop where there were no windows, he obviously didn’t want fans prying on his love life. After mere seconds the two of us were mid kiss when the door opened quite loudly.

‘Lexi?’

‘Oh shit, sorry mate, wondered where you were.’

Teddy quickly headed to the opposite end of the bus as me and alex resumed where we had been interrupted. I was happy to be in the warmth and to have Alex in front of me, even if he was still a tad sweaty, although that could of just been cause of the sudden change in temperatures around him.

************************************
Ed’s POV

I was stood talking to the insane fans stood in the cold right now. Elena was huddled into my side as i rested my head onto hers. I saw a couple of fans smile obvious finding it sweet, i didn’t care whether i was hated for it because i was happy. Before long i headed onto the bus going to fetch a beer and allow my hands to warm up, i had left Elena outside since she was in a heated conversation with one of the fans that were similar to her in age.

I could see Amy and alex down the one end of the bus and so decided it was safest to exit the bus again once i had a beer in my hand, for fear of alex accusing me of been disruptive. I opened the beer after finally finding the bottle opener and headed back off the bus.

Most the fans had gone now and Amy was just saying goodbye to a couple more now before we were finally left to head into the warmth and head for the hotel where we could get as drunk as we like for the night.

As we all got settled on the bus Dan been the last onboard as usual having left his camera behind in the venue, typically, we made our way over. On the bus i sat with Elena beside me, her hands were like blocks of ice and she was still shivering as she tried to warm up. I had even placed a duvet over her for the ten minute journey she was that cold. I had a feeling she would be ill soon after the couple of hours she had spent standing talking to fans.

In the hotel we headed for the bar once having placed our stuff into our rooms for the two nights we were staying here. I was happy as beer passed my lips and alex started to hum along to the songs played through the bar speaker system. We enjoyed our company and were son all laughing, especially at some comments Alex had come out with.

That boy was on planet slow for at least half the time he was awake, and when he was drunk it was funny. The camera was passed around as Alex dragged Amy up to the space by the table forcing hr to dance. She had soon taken over teaching Alex to somewhat dancing, although it didn’t exactly work.

At that point the barman turned up the music and stood laughing at Alex’s awful attempts at dancing, mainly falling over his own huge feet. That night was long and hilarious and i swore by the end i had burst my gut laughing as Alex and Ali both collapsed in a pile on our corridor.

Dan decided he was dragging Ali to the bedroom and so grabbed his ankles and pulled him along the floor with ease, Amy however had to try and get Alex off the floor. She attempted pulling up with no luck, and before long we were having to give him a leg and a wing between the three of us, Elena included as he tried to fidget free.

We dropped him onto the mattress of the bed and me and Elena wished Amy the best of luck with getting a drunken and very loving Alex into bed and to sleep. The two of us left and headed into our own room and settled into bed. Elena was lay on my chest but i could hear her voice rasping, more than likely because she was about to get a cold from been stood outside, and she had gone very tired. I kissed her forehead goodnight before placing an arm around her, us both falling asleep easily. Me sleeping with a smile upon my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
a filler chapter before some better stuff comes along =]