It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Forty-Six

Amy’s POV

My best friend was getting married tomorrow, yet unfortunately i couldn’t celebrate with her yet and why was that? I was currently sat fighting my boyfriend, whose hair i wasn’t having to brush and straighten so that he looked smart for the big day. A request that had been put in by both Elena, Ed and all parents. Especially Elena's after she met Alex for the first time.

It was possibly the worst job to give anyone, even a hairdresser would turn around i reckon. I sat there on the edge of the bed, Alex sat on the floor in front of me cross legged. As i gently brushed his hair all he did was whinge that it hurt. It would of helped if the past two days he had brushed it. As i tried to be as gentle as possible he kept turnign around making it painful for him as well as akward for me to keep his head still. As i sat slowly getting through it and straightening it Ed wondered in to what was rightly his bedroom anyway.

“Hey, Jesus Lex you look different already, nice ponytail you’ve got.”

Alex’s face looked like thunder as Ed settled down beside me as i tackled his head of hair. The ponytail in question being a layer of hair on top of his head that would be straightened last, he hadn't been impressed at me tying bobbles in his hair at all and even worse when i'd taken pictures. I sat there for a good couple of hours until finally Alex’s hair was straight, until he slept anyway. Once finished i happily dragged him to where Elena was sat on the sofa relaxing and talking to her mum.

“This neat enough for you, he actually sat still, with the threat of been burnt anyway.”

“He looks a different person, Alex i appreciate the torture you have endured for tomorrow. Honestly, looks good should straighten it more often though.”

Alex just smiled before placing an arm around my waist standing beside me head resting on mine. Elena’s mum smiled at us as Ed settled down next to Elena pecking her on the cheek politely. I soon sat down myself and got chatting to Elena’s mum and Elena for a good while, Ed and Alex’s attention soon turning to the TV as always.

After a few hours we all decided an early night was in order and settled into bed ready for the early morning the next day, Elena pretty nervous now. I was worn out anyway having spent the whole day down at the venue with the rest of the band except for Ed putting out all the decorations with the help of Ed’s parents as well. The venue had looked lovely by the time we had finished and i was looking forward to seeing their reactions to what we had achieved following the red and white colour theme.

************************************************
Elena’s POV

I woke the next morning at 6 am. I got in the shower and settled down ready for the day to begin. It would take a while to get my hair and make-up done before i got into my dress ready for the church at 11 am. I also had to get pictures done whilst i was getting ready and before i left with the bridesmaids, flower girl and page boy.

By half 9 my hair and make-up was done and i was just climbing into my white dress. It was shoulderless with the bust area covered in small diamantes filtering down to the left hand side of my hip. It fitted my body perfectly and followed the outline before it broadened out at the hips where it lay on the floor with a slight train. As i placed the tiara on top of my head i looked in the full length mirror. Amy stood behind me a tear in her eye.

“Elena you look gorgeous, Ed’s going to be drooling as you walk down that aisle.”

I laughed as Amy headed into the bathroom down the hall and came back wearing her bridesmaid dress. It looked lovely reaching the floor with just a small amount of ivory on it and the rest burgundy. My sister soon came in and stood beside her wearing the same dress the two looking lovely. My sister commented how lovely the dress looked on me and how weird it felt seeing me getting married. Mum was already stood trying not to cry to much as i straightened everything out and placed my shoes onto my feet. I couldn’t wait to see Ed now having not seen him since 9 pm last night, although seeing Alex in a suit alongside him would be a shock enough.

Before long the flower girl my niece faith was stood beside her mum in a gorgeous ivory dress with a burgundy band around it and a burgundy jacket. I smiled kissing my niece on the cheek as she was handed the small flower basket she would be carrying. Ed’s youngest cousin soon entered the room with his mum stood in his page boy suit. It was grey with a white shirt and burgundy tie and a grey top hat was sat on top of his head. He looked lovely to.

Once ready we headed downstairs to where the limo was picking us all up to head to the church. I had heard Ed and Alex leave the house an hour before and couldn’t wait to see my soon to be husband stood there in his suit. I got into the limo as Amy snapped away with my camera after the photographer for the day, someone i had taught, got some pictures of us all.

When we arrived at the church a smile spread across my face. To think Ed was stood through those doors waiting for me. The group got out the car my mum heading in to get her seat at the front as the rest of us stood on the steps a couple of photos been snapped before we stood in form ready to walk the aisle. Fait and Ed’s cousin would be walking down first hand in hand before i followed with Amy and Victoria following behind me.

I could feel the butterflies in my stomach swarm up as i prepared myself to be viewed by my family and friends and Ed’s family and friends. As we stood waiting for our cue to enter Teddy, Dan and Ali came to the doors to greet us. They all looked so smart stood there in their suits and black ties. They each commented on how lovely everyone looked before each pecking me on the cheek for good luck soon to become a married woman.

I stood there as Gary arrived in his grey suit, i had asked him to walk me down the aisle since he had become the fatherly figure in my life now and he welcomed the idea happily. As we hooked arms ready to make a move the band having gone back inside to check everyone else was ready he stood there.

“One of what i class as my own children getting married and i get the privilege to walk them down the aisle, although two getting married is a little odd. I’m grateful i got the honour for you something i will treasure forever, you look amazing by the way.”

I smiled trying not to let tears show as i took in Gary’s words and instead just thanked him before focusing again.

******************************************************
Ed’s POV

I was up early the next day having gone to bed at 9 pm. Amy was in my bedroom at 8 am sat with Alex on the floor as she re-straightened his hair making sure it looked perfect. I got myself a cup of tea and Alex a coffee before heading back to my room where i showered before doing my hair ready to place my suit on. I knew Amy would sort Alex out for me leaving me with one less worry at least.

I got into my suit making sure it was perfect before placing my black smart shoes onto my feet, i stood there in the mirror perfecting my hair. I wanted everything to be perfect for my soon to be wife. As i straightened out my suit Amy stood looking at me.

“Ed that looks lovely on you honestly, let’s hope Davies here can wake up quickly and scrubs up just as well for Elena since she deserves it for been an amazing person to, I'm sure you agree Ed.”

I smiled and nodded at Amy as she turned around pulling Alex to his feet. He stood there rubbing his eyes before Amy shoved him toward the bathroom where no doubt he would made to shave so he looked a bit more presentable. Once the two emerged again, Alex with an almost clean shaven face for once, Amy forced him to start getting dressed.

Alex soon pulled on the suit now awake finally. When he stood there pulling the blazer on i had take two glances. It didn’t look like Alex anymore as Amy tucked in his shirt at the back neatly also making sure the trousers were at his waist, no doubt something she would be checking throughout the day. Once done she perfected his hair and smiled looking lovingly at her fiancé, myself shocked at how different my best friend and best man looked.

Amy then left going to get herself ready kissing Alex on the lips before leaving and wishing me good luck for alter. At ten am me and Alex along with the rst of the guys who looked great in their suits to headed for the church with guests due to arrive soon. I looked down to see the church looking lovely and couldn’t believe i was getting married today. My parents were the first to arrive who stood talking to me and Alex for a while commenting on how well the suit looked on me, my sisters looking lovely in their dresses as they sat on front row.

A few photos had been taken as all the guests arrived, taken by Dan who was armed with his camera ready. Once all the guests had arrived the doors were shut ready for Elena to arrive. I stood there at the front Alex stood beside me after checking he had the rings on him ten times in the last half hour. He placed an arm on my shoulder smiling as the other guys took their seats which signalled Elena would be entering the room soon.

I couldn’t wait now just to see her arrive into the room, see what she looked like in her wedding dress, see everyone who accompanied her down the aisle which included Gary. I was nervous but excited to soon i would be her husband and she my wife and if i was honest that was going to be the best thing ever for me. This day was never going to be forgot and it was going to be so special as well to.