It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Forty- Five

Ed’s POV

I couldn’t believe how fast the year had flown by. The band had done another small tour since the engagement this tie with nothing going wrong, the only issue was Amy tripped up a few times but it was funny as Alex tried to help her and fell over himself.

I was at panic stations though because in exactly seven days i would be marrying the most amazing girl i had ever met. Just thinking about Elena in a wedding dress made my mouth water slightly, which wasn’t advisable when i was sat on the sofa with only Ali in the same room, he’d start getting worried then.

As i sat there i started to think through everything i had been given to do recently making sure i had completed everything. I got up soon and headed up to my room, which had become mine and Alex’s room for now, Amy and Elena sharing Alex’s room, which Amy had installed a lock on for a fair few reasons and so came in good sue for them now. Although that lock had been installed because too many times people had walked in on Amy getting dressed or her and alex, well keeping busy was probably the politest way to put it. Now it was to stop anyone but the two girls form viewing the dress well except for when Elena’s mum arrived up her in three days time.

Jesus this house was going to be busy over the next week. You had us all running around sorting out the marriage arrangements and plans and making sure nothing had been forgotten. Then you would have Elena’s mum arriving and staying in this house to. Luckily my parents who were arriving later today were staying at Alex’s parents house so that this one wasn’t as busy. I felt sorry for Elena’s mum though. She had us lot in the house with her, and was meeting what she classed as her adopted daughters (Amy) fiancé for the first time. Any adult meeting Alex normally shook their head at him, he could be a nightmare at the best of times. I had met her before and she was a lovely person but to be calling her my mother-in-law in seven days was going to feel very weird.

As i stood in my room, Alex snoring on the bed at the current moment in time i got my suit out the wardrobe. It was black trousers, a white shirt with a burgundy waistcoat and a burgundy cravat as well. The jacket was black and had a long tail. I could see my mum in tears on the day, her little boy grown up and getting married. She was crying with joy when i told her i was proposing to Elena. I was looking forward to it however.

I got Alex’s out the wardrobe to not wanting it to get creased by his untidiness. Been best man meant he was practically matching me except he didn’t have tails on his jacket, instead his was a classic jacket. Although i was saving him the hassle of a cravat and he was instead wearing a burgundy tie.

Once done i headed back downstairs leaving Alex to sleep more. Elena was stood making a drink in the kitchen and so i snuck up behind her wrapping my arms around her waist.

“How’s my beautiful fiancé feeling just seven days before she becomes committed?”

“Excited is the main thing, slightly nervous though. Oh Amy has promised me she shall have Alex’s hair tamed and more than likely straightened the night before the wedding before going over it again on the morning before you two leave so i can leave the bedroom”

“Good, i can’t to call you Mrs Minton. Finally you will be fine forever and people will know it”

Elena just smiled as i lent over her shoulder kissing her on the cheek before she turned into my chest hugging me. I jumped mere minutes after.

“Hello Eddie, and Elena too. Ready for the big day?”

“Gary, glad your here. And i would say so hopefully, you sure your alright with driving my parents and Elena’s mum to the venue on the day.?”

“yes don’t worry. I can drink at the reception as we are all staying in the hotel by the place you booked.”

Soon i had allowed Elena to continue making her drink and head back upstairs where she was no doubt in a heated conversation with Amy on some topic. I turned and followed Gary as he wondered tot he front porch talking about general stuff at first and sitting out in the warm summer’s day.

************************************************
Elena’s POV

Sat in Alex and Amy’s bedroom was odd, it felt even worse sleeping in the bed. Alex was lovely but my god he was messy, i bet you could find mouldy food in this room if you really wanted to, i know for sure there were at least twenty beer bottles lay about the place from the weekend. I must remind myself to actually clean this room at some point.

I sat talking to Amy about the wedding for quite a while. I was excited but i was also dead nervous, the idea of been Mrs Minton was really weird for me right now. I’m sure I’d get used to it soon enough but it was been tied to Ed in marriage that i wanted, his forever as he had said. My dress was hung up in its bag against the wardrobe, it wasn’t been taken out until the day as i didn’t want any dirt or dust to get on it. Amy’s bridesmaid dress hung up alongside it a burgundy dress. My sister would be in a matching dress with my niece as flower girl. Ed’s cousin’s pageboy suit was also hung up ready. The house would look like a bomb had hit it that day with everyone getting ready and stuff, mind you Amy did have to tame Alex’s hair the night before so it could be in a state by then.

After a few hours talking about the wedding and Amy calming my nerves a little more, we changed conversation to our general chat. As we sat on the double bed talking and laughing i had a feeling something was going to occur. As Amy laughed a little too much at something said she lent backwards to far and fell straight off the edge of the bed into a pile, although she was still laughing after creating a huge thud onto the floor, which did cause the sound of rushed heavy footsteps from two directions run to the thankfully unlocked door.

As i peered over the edge of the bed where Amy was still random giggling away A very tired looking Alex swung the door open darting to Amy. After a few seconds Dan also appeared at the door but upon seeing alex already there looked upset.

Alex asked amy if she was alright but got no response apart from more giggling, i swore what i said wasn’t that amusing. Once Amy had finally finished the giggle fit, which i was certain wasn’t helped by the five cups of coffee she had consumed already today, she informed us she was fine.

The two of us soon followed Alex and Dan downstairs properly where by we all sat down in the living room. Ed was already sat there and i instantly sat beside him and snuggled up into his side. As i did i started spinning the engagement ring around my finger just smiling. I hadn’t realised ed was watching me until he kissed me when i was least expecting it. When he did i jumped my outstretched legs kicking amy in the back meaning she jumped and head butted Alex in the jaw. I smiled as amy apologised to alex kissing his jaw better, i saw decided to turn away from the pair of them. As i did however i didn’t expect to see Ali and Dan amusing themselves.

As i looked over at them Ali was sat on top of Dan, which in itself looked bad enough until Dan starting wrestling Ali. The two them spent a good ten minutes rolling about the living room floor wrestling each other, the rest of us watching as Dan finally sat up in victory.

Once finished finally Dan vanished into the kitchen. He soon wondered back in bring an array or drinks of which he had called Ali to help with.

“I think a toast is in order, to the soon to be newly wed’s.”

With that alone i buried my head into Ed’s chest feeling my cheeks burn with embarrassment already. I felt his head against mine soon after before he gently lifted my chin so that i could see to accept the glass of Champagne Dan was handing to me. I looked around to see people sat with different drinks. Ed had had the same as me, Amy and alex a bottle of beer, Ali and glass of wine Dan strongbow and Teddy was drinking what i was guessing to be JD and coke.

All raised there drinks towards me and ed cheering for our wedding in 7 days before drinking. Ed then kissed me on the lips, his one hand on my cheek stroking my fringe off my face as we opened our eyes and just looked at each other. As our heads rested against each others i knew that what i was doing was perfect. Mum seemed to agree with the idea to and so did my sister infact unable to insult me now like she had before i had moved away.

It seemed the rest of the night would a sort of party environment in the house as Teddy flicked on the sound system with whatever was stored on the group ipod playing out, which meant it suited everyone’s music taste.

Before long there was drunkard dancing going on, Dan and Amy were jumping around the room to surfin USA pretending they were surfing on the cushions that were now on the floor.

Soon what was known as mine and Ed’s song came on, it was a slower song. I had already placed my drink down but as the first note started Ed had put his glass down taking my hand into his. He led me into the middle of the living room floor before whispering in my ear, I need the practise for the big day, i smiled as his arms wrapped around my waist and my linked around his neck looking up into his eyes. We shared a kiss as we gently swayed and moved around the room to the song. I rested my head onto his chest before looking up into his eyes.

“I love you Ed,”

“I love you to Mrs Minton.”

I smiled up at the reference, coming form his lips it was liek music to ym ears hearing that.