It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Forty-Eight

Elena’s POV

Having been a married woman for a week now i had finally packed my suitcase up ready for a nice relaxing week away with just Ed. I was looking forward to the peace and quiet but at the same i was dreading what i would have to come home to, for one we were leaving Amy and alex in the house alone and with me and Ed present they are bad enough. I pushed the thoughts out of my mind but had made sure that i was taking my laptop with me since i was certain twitter would keep me and ed up to date with the state of the house and whatever state it’s two occupants ended up in. Teddy and Dan had already gone on holiday with their dad and brothers for two weeks, having left a couple of days ago, for someone decent sunshine. Ali had decided he would go visit his parents keeping his promise to check in on the two most immature adults ever every few days and phoning to see when he was busy.

As i got the last of my essentials packed away ready for getting the flight this evening Ed come in. He had already packed his case and stood behind me as i fastened everything up before wrapping his arms around my waist.

“So my dearest wife, ready for a week of peace and quiet and relaxation?”

“Of course but only cause I’m spending it with the most amazing husband.”

“Good and you deserve it with how much that’s gone on in the past two years, just put everything else to the back of your mind.”

I smiled turning to kiss Ed on the lips as i pulled my case off the bed and next to the wardrobe ready for leaving in a few hours time. Gary was giving us a lift to the airport wanting to see us off properly. Ed checked through that we had the flight tickets and all the other details we required before we headed downstairs ready to say goodbye.

As we got to the bottom of the stairs i was nearly taken off my own feet as Amy sped past with Alex skidding along the wooden floor in pursuit. I stood on the stairs until it was clear and as i settled onto the sofa where i presumed it was safe just shook my head. A loud scream soon echoed through the living room before Alex appeared with Amy hung over his shoulder looking highly unimpressed.

After a couple of hours of just relaxing i heard car tyres on the gravel outside the house. Gary soon wondered through the door that Ed had gone to open before settling on the sofa.

“Ready for your weeks freedom?”

“You bet, will be the best week ever.”

“Where is it your heading again?”

“Venice.”

I smiled just thinking over the fact that i was spending a week in one of the most romantic cities within such an amazing person. Gary smiled upon seeing me smiling as Ed settled back down beside me. Although before long we were at the door with our suitcases. As Gary loaded the car we stood saying goodbye to Alex and Amy.

“See you in a week and for god sake try and keep him under control, oh and try not to injure yourself either.”

“Love you to Elena, i will try, this is Lex though, have fun and don’t worry we will be fine it’s only seven days, now you and your husband best be off before your late.”

I hugged Amy tight before also hugging Alex as ed took my hand the two of us leaving the house and getting into the back of Gary’s car.

**************************
Amy’s POV

Having the house to ourselves was enjoyable for me and Alex. Elena and ed were now safely in Venice having travelled there yesterday evening. I had spent the whole morning in bed before deciding on watching TV all day. Alex had also slept in before dragging the duvet downstairs with him settling beside me on the sofa. As i rested my head against his bare chest he started to play with my hair before kissing my forehead. I smiled up at him before my attention turned back to the TV.

I knew the next day wouldn’t be as relaxing as i needed to get a bit more studio work done to get a couple of songs done, i also remembered that i had a band in Australia to contact since they wanted to send me a demo to mix properly for them. It felt weird not having Elena or Ed around though although going by the texts they were really enjoying themselves already.

A couple of days in to the week and Ali had checked in on us before disappearing again. I headed over to the studio of the afternoon and set about getting some work done, Alex soon getting bored and joining me. Once i had finished sorting out the demo and set it ready to sort out next week and had made the final touches to another track i realised it was 10pm.

Even though i had slept as normal the night before for some reason i felt pretty rough already. I turned off all the equipment before me and Alex decided bed was the best answer. He admitted he hadn’t been feeling the best all day and so we settled for an early night in hope we would be fine the next day. With luck we were. We were back to our normal selves again.

Me and Alex then spent the rest of the week getting some last minute wedding plans at the venue sorted. We made sure all the decorations had been purchased ready for our big day which would be taking place in six weeks time. I had sorted out a hotel for my parents to stay in and so it seemed that everything was all in order. As well as that i decided more work in the studio could be done before i set about giving the house a big tidy a day before Ed and Elena returned. To say they would have the shock of their life would be an understatement when they arrived back home.

************************************
Ed’s POV

After arriving in Venice me and Elena set about enjoying ourselves. The first night i had planned for us to go for a romantic meal beside one of the canals. It was a lovely small restaurant and the food was lovely, Elena seemed to enjoy it before sitting on the sun terrace area enjoying the warmth of the night air over the canal.

We spent the first two days wondering around seeing different sights but i had a few tricks up my sleeve on the third day of our trip. After seeing many different buildings and taking many pictures of the two of us it was the day my plan unfolded. I woke Elena that morning with room service breakfast which was cooked amazingly as we sat on the balcony to our room as the day started to heat up. Once ready we headed out into the streets and roamed around before i ended our walk beside the main canal. I lead Elena down before we boarded our own gondola.

On the gondola trip i sat arm around her waist as she took in the sights as well as enjoying the romantic thought behind the trip and really understanding why Venice was the city of love. Afterwards we headed into a restaurant and enjoyed our lunch. After a couple of hours of shopping where i bought Elena a ring she had liked the sun was starting to set. I got the two of us into a taxi and got Elena to close her eyes ten minutes before it pulled up.

As we stepped out i took her hand guiding her along the pavement. When ig ot her to open her eyes her face lit up completely. I had led her down to the seafront and onto a wooden pier. The two of us walked down before sitting on the edge of the pier. Out over the water we watched the sun start to set getting a few photo’s as we did, including us with the setting sun behind us.

“I love you Elena and I’m so glad that i have you to call my own officially now, marrying you was one the best things to happen to me, the first was meeting you for the first time ever.”

“I love you too Ed and they were two of the best things for me to. I don’t deserve you yet i have you, i feel like the luckiest girl on the planet right now.”

I smiled looking into her eyes before kissing her lips, as i did i heard a camera lens snap. After the kiss we broke apart to see an Italian man stood there a professional camera i his hand.

“Please have this picture with compliments to such a beautiful couple.”

I smiled thanking him before giving him some money for the picture which he had promised he would deliver to our hotel room tomorrow. That promise he kept as he appeared at the hotel room door a beautifully framed photo pf that moment in his hand. I thanked him as he smiled before disappearing.

After more exploring of such a beautiful city and a boat trip up the main canal both during the day and at night it was finally time to head home. As we landed back on British turf we were welcomed in the airport by Gary who saw the photo in my hand and smiled.

“Looks like you two have had an amazing week together.”

“We have but we are both ready for home and our own bed again now.”

As we finally arrived home i felt it quite odd, the house was silent yet normally you could hear either Alex or Amy somewhere. The studio was in darkness so i knew they weren’t there either and so curiously as Gary disappeared i opened the door.

Once we stepped in i noticed the house in darkness too and so i pulled the suitcases inside as Elena stood beside me looking just as confused. As i flicked on the lights i was shocked to see an absolutely spotless house.

Elena called out but no response came form anywhere within the house. I wondered into the kitchen to see a piece of paper lying on the tale as Elena walked behind me.

Hope you two had an lovely week, would be at home but Amy got ill in the week and took a turn for the worse so currently living at the hospital. Don’t worry I’ve been informed she will be back home within three days. Visiting time are between 10am and 3pm tomorrow. Alex x

I read the piece of paper over again before handing it to Elena who instantly grabbed the house phone. She dialled Alex’s mobile who answered almost instantly and it seemed he was outside.

“How’s Amy, are you ok? What’s wrong with her?”

I heard Alex’s voice crackle into the phone receiver before Elena responded with ok we will be there at ten am tomorrow. She then placed the phone down again.

“lex said she’s improved a lot and that we weren’t to worry but that Amy would want to hear about our trip tomorrow.”

I nodded and hugged Elena seeing that Amy getting ill had made her feel a tad bad about going away.

“Don’t worry, it’s Amy she probably cooked some dodgy food, we will see her tomorrow let’s go get some rest?”

Elena nodded before covering her mouth as she yawned. She headed up to bed and i took the cases p leaving them to be unpacked tomorrow. I placed the photo we had been given on the dresser before climbing into bed beside Elena, both of us falling asleep almost instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
updates won't be as often now since i have uni again =]