It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Fifty-Eight

Elena’s POV

After an amazing holiday with the group and of course my husband, i couldn’t believe we were actually moving into our own place. I hadn’t lived without Amy for a few years now and i knew it was going to be odd knowing she was across the field instead of in the room next door. I had to admit i was pretty excited to, me and Ed been able to spend alone time without Ali and Dan interrupting, or alex and Amy in that matter.

Once everything was packed we drove around the corner to the cottage, just looking up at the building it was gorgeous. Ed handed me the key smiling as he locked up the car and joined me his fingers locking with mine as i turned the key in the lock.

As i let the door swing open i felt the smile on my face start to grow further, the house was already furnished, with thanks to Gary and looked beautiful and so homely. As i felt Ed’s arms around my waist his warm breath glided across my cheek.

“what you think?”

“I...I love it Ed. It’s beautiful, you sure it’s ours?”

“I’m positive, I’m glad you like it, i can see us living here, kids included in the future.”

I turned in his arms kissing his lips gently before we parted and continued looking around the house. Our large bedroom was decorated the same way it had been in the other house. I couldn’t help but smile as we decided to start moving the first car load of belongings in ready to make this place our home.

After a couple of hours we finally had all our belongings inside the hall ad living room of the house ready to get everything sorted out. One thing that would be our focus for the rest of today.

As i started to unload the nearest box i smiled to see it was the one full of all my books and my Cd’s, the one beside it actually had DVD’s scrawled across it in marker pen. I pulled the boxes over to the large bookshelf that was along the wall behind the main sofa in the lounge. As i sat on the floor i started to fill the case up in order as Ed pulled two more boxes over notifying me they were his DVD’s and CD’s.

Ed meanwhile was sat in his in a large box before he started to slowly drag it through into the hall and turning for the kitchen. I guess that contained all his cooking equipment he had gathered over the years after having to cook for Alex more than anything, he had mentioned something about buying Alex and Amy their own set as part of a wedding gift.

As the day drew into night most of the cardboard boxes were empty and the main things left were our clothes and then adding in the homely touches like pictures of different things, of which photo-frames had already been placed around the house for. Once our clothes were neatly stored in the wardrobes and draws making the room seem more full i placed the last two boxes onto the double bed, Ed sitting beside me and gently kissing my cheek as i pulled out the photo’s placing them onto the bed.

Sitting and flicking through we gathered a small pile of photo’s for around the house, some were of us from our wedding day, other’s were of more amusing times throughout the past couple of years that fitted for adding more memories into the house. I smiled as the main large image of me and ed outside the church on our wedding day was placing in the central frame on the wall in the lounge. Standing back to look at it Ed stood beside me i couldn’t but rest my head on his shoulder, so glad that he was my husband, that he picked me for his wife.

The two of us were soon settled down on the sofa comfortably enjoying been able to watch what we wanted on TV with a cup of tea each glad the house was somewhat in order, although there were a few others touches that i knew i wanted to get over the next couple of days. I also had the need to check on Amy and alex, i think Ed was thinking the same to, both of us were worried at how the two would cope.

************************************
Amy’s POV

It was strange not having Ed and Elena in the house although i already had a plan for what was there bedroom, it would become my own office as such. There furniture had already been moved over to the new house or got rid of whatever deemed fit for it i hadn’t know but i knew that today i was going to start turning it into my own office.

After my 2nd cup of coffee of the day i set off to go and get various pieces of furniture for the office. After returning i casually carried them upstairs, alex not even noticing as i wondered in and out the house with various items. Dan however had and was more than willing to help out by carrying the large items upstairs with me.

As me and Dan worked together happily on setting up the desk and bookshelf before i moved my PC and laptop into the room and started setting that up we hadn’t noticed the silence of the house much. Once i had everything plugged in and Dan had put the various pictures on the wall we stood back proud of afternoon’s hard work. As i went to turn around i was met with long bony fingers slapping whipped cream into my face. I turned slightly to see Dan had gotten the other hand before cream started to get squirted from a can into our faces.

As the two of us turned towards the door, wiping at our eyes in an attempt to see again i could hear the laughs of Alex and Ali, before the flashes form no doubt a camera and Alex’s Iphone went off. Once i had managed to clear my vision i headed to get two towels from the bathroom before returning to see Alex look at me a smile playing across his face.

“Alexander James Davies, you do realise you picked the two people to do that against, payback shall be a bitch in the words of Gary.”

I saw a glint of worry strike Alex’s face as Ali continued in his laughing fit, well that was until he managed to hit the button on the can of cream and spray himself in the eye with it. Which in turn had me, Dan and Alex all in hysterics. It was a typical Ali move.

Once all cream was cleared up and our laughing had died off into pain the four of us settled.

“I like what you done with the room, but do we still get our bedroom?”

“Yes Ali don’t worry, i just needed an office for getting some work done on. Where’s teddy gone anyway?”

“To see his girlfriend for the day, oh that reminds me, Dan has a date tonight.”

“ALIIIIIIIIIII i said don’t say nothing!!!!”

“Well i wish you good luck Dan, i know you will impress, we shall keep Ali here under lock and key out of trouble.”

Ali’s face was a picture as i finished the phrase although Alex looked quite upset at that.

“But... I wanted us to spend the night alone tonight, you know first proper night with us been married and having house to ourselves and all that.”

“Well we shall have to send Ali elsewhere then, like to visit his parents.”

Alex’s face lit up and Dan and Ali soon disappeared, Dan to get ready and Ali to visit his mum. Meanwhile me and alex headed into our bedroom. I sprawled out onto the bed happily, my eyes shut before i felt the bed sink beside me and a hand place itself on my stomach. I opened my eye met by Alex’s own blue eyes before sitting up and kissing his lips gently.

“Amy, you know we spoke about having kids?”

I nodded as i looked into his eyes, the thought that filled them before he spoke had me wondering where this was going.

“did you mean it that you wanted to start our own family?”

“I meant every word, i reckon you’d be a great dad, despite the jokes Gary cracks. Why?”

“cause i would love to have our own family to, to have children with you would be amazing, and i would love to be a dad one day. No doubt i would need some practise before then though.”

“Well we can always visit my parents, Phoebe took a real liking to you and Madison to at the wedding so I’m certain that would give you some practise. The way you were with phoebe was great.”

I just sat and gazed into Alex’s eyes then before his warm palm was against my cheek, the two if us sharing a passionate kiss before we went to wish Dan look and settle onto the sofa with a drink, i was certain Alex had some plans up his sleeve for the night anyway.