It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Sixty

Ed’s POV

We were already a week through the tour. It had gone fast but we were really enjoying it. As i placed the guitar strap over my shoulder i smiled down as Elena stood on the venue floor filming and snapping away as sound check commenced. If there was on time she looked completely natural it was when she had a camera or camcorder in hand.

Before long the rest of the guys were assembled in the stage as Amy’s voice came through the wedge monitors ordering us to each check microphone levels, starting with the drum kit. As we progressed and started to play through a the mid section of the set i was impressed with the sound we seemed to be getting.

As sound-check finished and everyone wondered back to the dressing room i smiled, i was genuinely happy to be on the road again playing to fans and of course been on the road with the best group of mates ever as well as my wife. Walking up the corridor my hand was linked with Elena’s, i couldn’t believe how well things had turned out.

As i settled onto the small sofa placed in the dressing room with Elena deciding to sit on the floor by my feet i sipped at a can of coke. I allowed my eyes to close and relax with the small sounds going around me. I could hear the typing on a laptop, general chatter, doors open and close and footsteps. I felt relaxed in this environment even with all the noise of busy people.

I was soon pulled out of my relaxed state however to the sound of Alex’s voice.

“Me and Amy are heading for coffee, anyone want anything bringing back?”

“Lex can you get me a tea please.”

Alex nodded to my request as amy noted down what other’s wanted and i allowed myself to relax again, in preparation for tonight’s show.

**************************************
Amy’s POV

As me and Alex walked down tot he back door’s hand in hand i couldn’t help but think about those e-mails Alex had received. Although the fans the guys had spoke to outside were all congratulating the marriages that had occurred and were happy to the see two of the guys having settled down.

As i pushed open the door i noticed two young girls stood there. Alex smiled at the two and signed a couple of things before the two of us took each other’s hands again and headed up the street to get some coffee.

As we got into starbuck’s i joined the queue and soon made the order for various drinks as Alex stood beside me. The smell from the shop was heaven enough, making me want to taste the coffee already. As we waited upon drinks i could heard giggles from behind the two of us. It seemed Alex heard them to as he turned around to see the culprit of the giggling. As he did two girls of around 13 smiled up and shyly asked for signatures. I smiled at them as they disappeared again allowing us to carry our drinks back to the venue.

Once we had handed the others their drinks or food me and alex wondered back outside. It was a fairly warm day and the dressing room was a little crowded anyway. Alex had grabbed his laptop and we took to sitting on the step as he went through mail and updates.

As he opened up his Facebook a new message appeared. As the two of us started to read through we both became rather weary. The message had read.

Dear Alex,

At this current moment in time i know that your beloved wife and yourself are sat drinking coffee. I don’t understand why you defend what you call your wife so well, if only you knew her true feelings. I know her type well and she doesn’t truly love you. I know this will anger you, probably resulting in more hateful messages back at myself but believe me you need to open your eyes.

Can you not see how ugly she is, half of your fans at least are much better looking than her and well have you ever thought about how much you concentrating on your love life will affect them. So much for you been completely into your music, this past year proved that fact. Upon hearing about those incidents involving your wife i was actually hoping and praying that she died, this world would be a better place without her and yourself.

Enjoy you short lived lives.


I had to control the grip i had on my coffee cup as i glanced around. There was no-one around but after Alex had read through the message once more he slammed his laptop shut, picked up his coffee and pulled me quickly inside the doors of the venue again.

As the messaged replayed through my head once the door was slammed shut i felt myself start to freeze up. How could someone say something like that to Alex. Did they not understand i loved him was it just jealousy of an old fan that was causing this. What did enjoy your short lived lives mean.

Alex turned around slowly and upon seeing me stood frozen tot he spot placed his laptop and coffee onto a side nearby. I felt his warm arms wrap completely around my body pulling me tightly into him as i rested into his chest.

“I do love you Alex. I love you more than anyone ever could, i can’t describe how much i love you.”

“I know and i don’t doubt that for second. It’s just a jealous fan honest don’t worry. I love you Amy and one jealous fan heck even all the fans of the band sending mail like that wouldn’t change anything. I married you because i love you and nothing will ever affect that. I promise you. Gary needs to read those messages though jsut so he is aware. I want to see Ed has received anything to.”

I looked up into his captivating eyes and nodded. Throwing my now empty coffee cup in the bin i walked up to the dressing room right beside Alex. As we stepped through i watched Dan’s face turn straight to mine. I must of looked scared, worried and down because he instantly left my seat and came straight to me and hugged me. He looked at Alex who nodded and smiled at him as alex headed straight for Gary, Alex’s face full of worry, Gary’s showing concern and confusion as he looked from Alex to me.

“Amy, what’s happened. What’s up?”

“Nothing Dan don’t worry please. It’s fine.”

Dan nodded and just hugged me instead. It was still obvious hw much he cared about me but he was dating a girl now and seemed happy enough with her, something i was very glad about.

I could hear Gary and Alex muttering over the other side of the dressing room, both shooting worried looks at me as i pulled my feet up onto the couch, resting my head onto my knees just staring into space. After a few minutes however i pulled my laptop from my bag and checked that. There was no messages to me personally on anything as of yet and if i was honest i was quite glad.

Dan quickly left the room and after returning having gotten a phone call smiled as he sat next to me. Chloe is coming to the show tomorrow night, you all get to meet her properly then as she is coming to watch the band play. I smiled and Dan started to tell me how he was certain she would love me and Elena, he said that anyone who didn’t like his friends, including his two best friends weren’t worthy of his time and i smiled. I was glad to see him happy at least.

I decided to let the e-mail slip my mind for tonight at least though, we all had a show to get running and soon i was heading down to the sound desk preparing for the night. As the show started to commence my mind was focused on the gig and only the gig. I wanted t make sure each night was perfect for the fans. As the five boys emerged to screams and started to play there set i smiled. Anyone could see how happy the five of them were up on that stage playing music to adoring fans. It was that thought exactly that i kept in mind as at midnight we finally boarded the bus ready to leave for the next show.

Settling on the bus i changed into some comfortable clothes and grabbed my duvet settling onto the sofa at the back of the bus happily a film playing as i opened my laptop. It was i logged into my e-mails that i was alarmed to see a certain e-mail pop up very quickly.

Clicking on it, it opened to reveal in size 42 text the words.

When you say Goodnight within the next 48 hours, take warning that you will be saying it for eternity.

I gulped loudly and Elena who was sat beside looked over reading the words that were in large on the screen. Her face imaged my emotions right now as i let one single tear roll down my cheek before pulling myself back together. I was going to fight this and i was going to win, no-one was stopping me from continuing the way my life was now. Alex was the best thing that could of ever happened to me and nothing was changing it, or t least i hoped it wasn’t.