Status: Completed - Go check out the sequel :)

Save the Day

Chapter 10

‘Cause Jersey just got colder and
I’ll have you know I’m scared to death
That everything that you had said to me was just –


“Yellow,” I said as I answered my phone.

“Purple!” A voice that I hadn’t heard in a while yelled into her phone.

“Jenn! OhmyGod, I haven’t talked to you in forever! What’s up?” I asked my best friend from home. She was almost exactly like me except more outgoing and actually listened to the radio. She’s also a few years younger than me and still in school. Sucker…

“I know! You never call me anymore, poop face. And nothing out of the ordinary here, an episode of Degrassi as always.”

I laughed. I told her that her life was an episode of Degrassi last year. I swear, she goes through more drama in one week than I do in a year. “Oh God, what now?” I asked as I walked into the Chinese place to grab lunch.

“Oh, I’ll tell you later. What is up with you? Living it up in Los Angeles?” She asked laughing.

“Not really. My uncle got me an internship at his job which keeps me pretty busy.”

“What does your uncle do again?”

I grabbed the bags of food and said a quick thanks to the counter person and walked out. “He’s a producer.”

“Ah, so that is you in the pictures with Nick Jonas.” She said, almost making me drop all the food onto the pavement.

“What!?” I yelled.

“Ooo, so you don’t know.”

“Obviously!” I said angrily. “What are you talking about Jennifer? And if you don’t tell me, I swear –”

“Alright, alright jeez.” She said, cutting me off. “If you let me talk I’ll tell you.” I stayed silent and let her continue.

“Okay, so there are these pictures all over the internet of Nick and this ‘mystery girl’. It was even on Access Hollywood last night. Anyway, the story is that Nick and this ‘mystery girl’ were on some kind of lunch date or something and they were holding hands and crap and ran away from the press when confronted.

“In the pictures it kind of looked like you, but I wasn’t sure. I mean, she did have on the beret that I gave you for your birthday, but plenty of other girls have it too. And the fact that she was with a Jonas Brother completely threw me off.”

“Shit,” I muttered as I walked into the building.

Jenn gasped, “It is you! OhmyGod why didn’t you tell me!? I thought we were friends and you didn’t tell me you were dating a rock star! I feel so betrayed!”

“Oh God, shut up. I am not dating him. Short story is he took me out to lunch as a thank you for helping record a song and we ran away from the paparazzi to not be news worthy. Fantastic.” I said, sighing. The light outside the studio was off, so I knocked with my foot.

“Look, I have to go right now.” I said as Kevin opened the door for me. “I’ll call you later.”

“You better! Or else I’ll come to LA to beat yo ass up.” She said laughing.

I snickered, placing the food on the table. “I’d like to see you try. Adios,” I said, hanging up.

“Who was that?” Uncle John asked, grabbing his food.

“Jenn, she was just filling me in on some stuff.” I answered.

“Ooo, a girl. Is she cute?” Joe asked.

“She’s too young for you.” I answered, grabbing my own food.

“No one’s too young for me. How old?” He asked.

“Fifteen,” I answered, sitting in my seat.

“I stand corrected.” Joe said shrugging as everyone started to laugh.

I placed my food on my lap and took out my phone, tapping on the web application (thank God for 3G internet access). I typed in the only gossip site I knew, perezhilton.com, and searched ‘Jonas Brothers’.

And there it was. The first entry. “Oh God,” I whispered to myself as I read the article.

MYSTERY GIRL FOR NICK JONAS!!??

Pop sensation Nick Jonas was spotted yesterday on a lunch date with a fantastic looking brunette. No, not Selena Gomez or Miley Cyrus (who was spotted walking into Hollywood Records during the date). No one actually knows this girl’s name. She’s either a contest winner or the luckiest girl on earth.
I’d go with the second one.
Apparently on this date, there was lots of smiling (always a good sign) and laughing (again). But it wasn’t until the paps tried to get a statement from the Jonas that there was some PDA.
Not wanting to be caught by the paps, the young Jonai grabbed the mystery girl’s hand (!!) and somehow escaped the paps.
Little geniuses I tell ya.
All we can tell you guys is that the youngest Jonai may not be single for long.
She’s not a bad choice – from the pics she looks cute and has great style. I give her two thumbs up.


I didn’t know if I should’ve been flattered that Perez liked me, thankful they didn’t know my name, or pissed because I was all over the tabloids. Leave it to the press to ruin a perfectly good day.

‘If you tell anyone it’s me I will hunt you down’ I texted Jenn quickly before sighing heavily.

“Whoa, that was a heavy sigh. Everything alright?” Ed asked me as he walked to the control panel.

“What? Yeah, I’m fine. That was a quick lunch break.” I pointed out.

“No, you’ve just been staring at your phone for the past thirty minutes.” Steve said laughing, joining Ed.

“Seriously?” I asked, but didn’t look for an answer.

The rest of the day was a blur. I didn’t even pay attention to the repeating song – it was just noise. I kept trying not to think of the story, but that just made me thing about it. So, I was stuck with an inner conflict between thinking and not thinking. I didn’t even know how late it was until Uncle John told me it was time to transfer the files.

I just sat in the empty room, the files importing, staring blankly at the pictures from the AOL article about the outing. It was the same two pictures that everyone else had, one of Nick and I at the restaurant and one of us running, Nick’s hand clasped around mine.

“Hello there,”

I sighed, “Hello Joe.”

“Try again.” The person said laughing.

I glanced over to the doorway and saw Nick casually leaning against the doorframe. “Hey, I wasn’t expecting you here.”

Nick laughed and walked towards me. “Obviously. Are you okay? You’ve been distant all day.”

I shook my head, “Have you seen this?” I asked, gesturing at the screen.

He looked over my shoulder, “Yeah. Our publicist called the house about it yesterday after it aired on Access Hollywood.”

I looked at him with a furious gaze, “And you neglected to tell me… why!?”

“Whoa, relax Morgan.” He said, placing his hands on my shoulders. I tried to shrug them off, but they stayed put. “I didn’t tell you because it’s no big deal. They don’t even know what your name is. Within the next day, it’ll all blow over. I promise.”

I sighed and shut the computer as it dinged, saying it was done. “You better be right about this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS ONE'S FOR YOU JENN! (Go check out her story.... sn: fadedmelodyxo dooo it :D)

Ringtone Song - 'Jersey' by Mayday Parade

Sigh... it's always the paparazzi's fault. Hehe.
It's a little blah, but not at the same time (if that makes any sense). But whateves, it's a new twist. ;)

I'm going to stop typing because it's late and I'm going to start babbling about stupid college apps eventually... so I'm going to stop right now. Bye.

Comment! Subscribe! Love you all :D

Peace.Love.Write. -Jill =]