Status: Completed - Go check out the sequel :)

Save the Day

Chapter 4

“And then,” Joe tried to say in between fits of laughter. “Nick threw up into a garbage can. I’ve never seen his face that pale before. It was amazing.” He continued as roars of his laughter continued to fill the air around us. Joe, Nick, Kevin, and I were hanging out by their pool in their backyard, enjoying the summer sun.

“Yeah, and then Joe tripped and fell flat on his face as he walked over to some girl he was trying to impress.” Nick countered.

“Now that is funny,” I said, laughing. “You’re such a spaz.”

“I take pride in my spazziness.” Joe answered which caused the rest of us to roll our eyes.

“Enough about us, I wanna know about you.” Nick said facing me.

“What do you want to know?” I asked cautiously.

“How about twenty questions?” Kevin suggested.

I shrugged, “Fine, but all three of you combined; I do eventually want to go home.”

“Deal,” Nick said smiling.

“Alrighty then, someone… go.” I said, leaning back on my hands, waiting for the wave of questions.

“Age?” Joe asked.

“Seventeen.”

“Birthday?” Nick asked.

“November third.”

“Favorite color?” Kevin asked.

“Orange.”

“Favorite movie?” Joe.

Tristan and Isolde.”

“Favorite band?” Kevin.

“Mayday Parade.”

“Who?” Nick asked.

I laughed. “I knew you wouldn’t know them.” I said, recalling our conversation from yesterday. “Way to burn a question.”

“That so didn’t count.” He argued.

“Yeah it did. Come on now, you’ve got fourteen more.”

“Favorite sport?” Kevin asked before Nick continued to argue with me.

“Baseball.”

“Favorite sports team?” Joe.

“The New York Mets.”

“Ew,” Nick said, scrunching his nose. “Yankees all the way.”

“Yeah…no, the Yankees can kiss my ass.”

“No way, but moving on. Favorite food?”

“New York style pizza.”

“Favorite book?” Kevin.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.”

“First concert?” Joe.

“Avril Lavigne when I was ten.”

“Grade in school?” Nick.

“Graduated suckahhh!” I answered smiling.

“How? You’re only seventeen.” Kevin asked.

“I skipped the third grade.”

“Hometown?” Joe asked.

“Saddle Brook, New Jersey.”

“When did you move out here?” Nick asked.

“Two weeks ago,” I answered with a small, sad expression clear across my face.

“What instruments do you play?” Kevin asked noticing my discomfort with that situation.

I smiled gratefully as I answered, “Piano, drums, and the guitar.”

“Heritage?” Joe asked.

“Irish, French, and German.”

“Place you want to visit?” Nick.

“Oh, that’s a tough one. It’s a three way tie between London, Paris, and Sydney.”

“Thing you can’t live without besides air, water, and food?” Kevin.

“Music. Last question guys,”

“Where is your mother?” Joe asked seriously, his eyes boring into my skin.

“Um…” I said hesitantly. Right then my cell phone rang. “Thank God,” I mumbled under my breath when I noticed it was Uncle John calling. “Sorry, I have to answer this.” I said answering the phone as I walked away from the brothers. “Hello,” I said into the phone.

“Hey Morgan, are you okay?” He asked, concern laced through his words.

“Yeah, it’s nothing.” I said, shaking off Joe’s question. “What’s up?”

“I was just wondering what time you were coming home. It’s eight already and we have to wake up tomorrow.”

“It’s eight?!” I said, shocked. I didn’t think I was here for four hours and the fact that the sun was still out didn’t help either. “Uh, yeah I’ll be home soon. Bye Uncle John.” I said, hanging up the phone before he could reply.

“Hey guys, I gotta go. It’s eight and I have yet another early day tomorrow.” I said as I walked up to the brothers who were talking quietly to each other.

They all stopped as soon as they heard my voice and rose. “Do you want me to give you a ride?” Kevin offered.

I smiled gratefully, “That would be helpful, thanks. Bye Nick, bye Joe.” I said and waved good-bye before walking to their garage where Kevin’s car was parked.

“Where do you live?” He asked as we pulled out of the driveway and onto the street.

“Umm… Uncle John’s house,” I answered meekly.

Kevin laughed, “Alright, I know where that is.”

“Thank God, because I sure don’t.” I said laughing as well.

“Listen, about Joe, just ignore him. Sometimes he’s unaware of how things he says affects people.”

I shrugged, “It’s okay. If you haven’t noticed, I’m slightly straight forward when it comes to… everything. I understand.”

Kevin laughed as he turned down a street and pulled up in front of Uncle John’s house.

“Thanks for the ride Kevin; it is much appreciated.” I said as I got out of the car.

“Wait,” He said just before I closed the passenger side door. “Fair warning: both of my brothers are extremely fond of you; even if they won’t admit it to themselves. Nick may be a great musician, but he never sang a song perfectly for a CD until today and I think it had to do with you. And I’ve never seen Joe try so hard to get someone’s attention as much as he has with you.” He smirked. “I just thought you should know.” He said putting the car into drive. “Get ready for some brotherly competition.”

I nodded, wordlessly closing the car door and walked to the front door. Without eating any dinner, I went straight to my room and got ready for bed. I fell asleep shortly after, still confused as hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I've been getting a few comments saying that they are unsure of if this is a Joe story or a Nick story so I'm going to clear this up. I've actually meant to clear this up sooner but hey, it's better late than never. Haha. Anyway, to clarify this is a NICK story... I repeat a NICK story. But its a complicated Nick story if that makes any sense. It's not like my last story where everything is out in the open to see, it's kind of deeper. That's why I'm actually really excited about this story, it's different from my usual stuff.
Ironically (and hopefully) this chapter cleared that up a little before you got to the author's note haha.

So, if my explanation and/or the chapter helped you in anyway about you confusion.. I'm glad! =D If not, comment with every question you have! I'll gladly answer anything to help you understand (plus, it helps me figure out how to write and clarify things better in my writing too). All feedback is really helpful and greatly appreciated.

So, to continue with this extremely long author's note... who's ready for some brotherly competition?! I know I am ;)
Who do you think will win first? Hehe

Comment/Subscribe
I love each and every single one of you. <3

Peace.Love.Write. -Jill =D