Status: Completed - Go check out the sequel :)

Save the Day

Chapter 6

“Morgan!” Joe said excitedly as he opened his front door. “Glad you decided to come. Come on in.” He stepped to the side, allowing me to walk into his outrageously large house. Even though I was here once before, it still astounded me.

The large foyer was painted dark beige and had beautiful beige colored tile flooring. A large crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling and there were four paths one could take. One led upstairs by way of a large, hard wood staircase, one archway led straight into a game room type area, another to a more formal living room, and another to a hallway which led to the rest of the enormous house.

“Well, you’re just lucky that Kevin told Uncle John about this and he physically forced me to come.” I said to him as he closed the door.

“Just admit it; you were dying to see me.” Joe said smirking as he led me down the hallway to the backyard.

I shook my head, “Nope, not at all.” Joe simply laughed and continued to walk me to the backyard. There were a few people in the yard, about ten people not including Nick and Kevin. Some were chilling by the pool, others were in the pool, and there were two guys fighting over the grill (one of them being Kevin).

“Hey Morgan,” Nick said from his seat by the pool’s edge as he waved.

“Guys this is Morgan.” Joe said loudly so everyone could hear, wrapping an arm around my shoulders which I quickly shrugged out of. “Morgan, the three in the pool are Garbo, Jack and Ryan. They’re in our band.” Joe continued like I didn’t do anything but didn’t attempt to move his arm back. “The four guys sitting by Nick are Mike, Andrew, Jason and Alex; they’re in a band called Honor Society. The girls on the other side are Demi, Chelsea, and Nicole. Chelsea and Nicole star with us in the television show ‘JONAS’ and Demi is a singer. And you know John Taylor already.” Joe said pointing towards the grill.

I nodded and waved, “Hello.”

Demi waved me over to join her by the pool’s edge. “Hey. How do you know the guys?” She asked curiously.

“Oh, I work at the studio. I’m John Fields’ intern/niece.” I answered placing my feet into the cold water.

“Ah, so did you like freak out when you met them? Because I did when I first met them,” Nicole said and started to laugh.

I laughed too, “No, I didn’t. Sorry to say.”

“Not even internally.” Chelsea asked, her eyes open wide in shock. I shook my head ‘no’. “Wow, so Joe was right.” She said, sighing and handed Demi five dollars who gladly took it with a smile on her face.

“Joe was right about what?” I asked and turned my attention to Joe who was sitting next to the guys from Honor Society. “Joe, what did you tell them?”

He looked my way and smiled, “I said you hated us but I convinced you of your wrongness with my awesomeness.”

I sighed, “Joe, I did not hate you guys. I told you that. I’m just not a fan.” I said shrugging.

“So did you know any of us? I mean before you got here?” Andrew asked.

“Well, I vaguely remember the name Honor Society and I think you played Bamboozle last year. But I didn’t watch your set, sorry. And I remember Demi was there too and I know you’re on the new We the Kings album. But other than that, I had no idea. Sorry.” I said, looking at Chelsea and Nicole mostly.

They just smiled, “It’s okay, it’s nice not being noticed sometimes.” Chelsea said and laid down on the grass.

“Yeah, it’s nice to be known as Nicole and not ‘Macy, the crazy fan girl’.” Nicole said and joined Chelsea.

“Burgers are done!” Kevin exclaimed from the grill as John Taylor poled the food onto a plate.

Everyone quickly got up and grabbed a burger and a chair at the table. As we all ate, casual conversation flowed. We all laughed and (I at least) had a good time.

After we ate, we decided to play a massive game of water volleyball. Alex and Kevin were the team ‘captains’ and the teams were picked quickly. I was on Kevin’s team with Demi, Nick, Ryan, John Taylor, and Mike. We had one less player on the team, but that I was accepted because we had Nick on our team. Why that was an acceptable reason, I don’t know. But I didn’t question it either.

The (mostly male) team placed Demi and I in the front because we could ‘tap back any spikes more easily’ than the guys could. Well, that was Nick’s ‘reasoning’ anyway.

What no one knew was that I played volleyball all through high school and during middle school and I was named MVP sophomore year. But, why not surprise them? That would be fun.

Joe was standing in front of me on the other side of the net as Nick got ready to serve. “So, are you ready to lose Morgan?”

I laughed shortly, “In your dreams Jonas.” I said just as Nick served it over the net. The two teams volleyed it a few times before it was right above me… in perfect spike positioning. I found the hole in the defense, jumped, and wacked the ball straight towards the water on the other side. The ball landed with a loud smack as it skimmed the surface of the pool before spinning away.

Everyone just looked at me dumb founded. “What?” I asked sheepishly, a smile creeping across my face.

“How did you learn to spike like that?” Nick asked from behind me.

“Practice,” I answered shrugging. “Playing volleyball for eight years helped too.”

“You never told us you could play,” Garbo whined from the other side of the net.

I smirked, “You never asked.”

He narrowed his eyes but swam away to get the ball.

“Alright your point, but you can’t have both Morgan and Nick on the same team. That’s just not fair.” Alex argued.

“No way, we are not switching teams now. You’ll just remember for next time.” Kevin said.

Alex crossed his arms and huffed but didn’t push the argument. The ball was thrown over to Nick and everyone got back into their positions.

I looked at Joe who was still looking at me wide-eyed, “Now what was it you were saying about beating me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know this chapter sucks too (I know I'm not the biggest fan of it) and I know the story is going pretty slowly at this point. But I SWEAR it does get better and it does start picking up pace wise.
But it doesn't happen until NEXT chapter... so you'll just have to wait. But I am really sorry about how slow this is going.

Thank you guys for sticking with me the past few chapters and commenting and subscribing. I love you all =D

PLEASE DON'T BE A SILENT READER! I read everything and answer everything (if questions are invovled). You can bash me, I don't care. Criticism makes me a better writer. Plus, I'll read your stuff (eventually, the college application process is taking up my entire life. Sorry.) !

So COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE
Love you guys. =D

Peace.Love.Write. -Jill =D