Ex Friends Till the End

Help

Ryan was happy to learn as the days went by that Pete wasn’t a crazy psycho. He was actually really cool and it turned out that they both had a lot in common. In that first week, Pete told Ryan that he had a girlfriend but he wasn’t sure how much longer it was going to last and Ryan told Pete that he was gay. Ryan had been a little nervous about telling him, but was relieved to find out that Pete didn’t mind.

What Ryan didn’t reveal is that he sometimes would admire Pete’s looks. He didn’t want to make his new roommate and friend uncomfortable, plus you don’t just go around telling straight guys that you think that they’re attractive.

---

A few weeks into their first semester, Pete went out to a party with some of his other friends and Ryan stayed in. Pete had invited him, but he wasn’t really into the idea. Besides, he already had a paper to write and going out and getting drunk wasn’t going to help get it done.

Ryan was asleep when Pete got back, but the amount of noise that Pete made as he attempted to get into the room woke Ryan up. He sat up quickly and saw Pete looking at him.

“Sorry,” he mumbled. “I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“Its fine,” Ryan said quietly. He got out of bed. “Do you need any help?”

“No,” Pete answered quickly. “I’m fine.”

Ryan could hear the slur in his words and as Pete started to walk toward his bed, he stumbled slightly and Ryan was just able to catch him before he fell.

“Here,” Ryan said, throwing one of Pete’s arms around his shoulders. “Just let me help you.”

He led Pete to his bed and Pete sat down on the edge as Ryan kneeled down, quickly pulling of his sneakers. Ryan stepped back when he was done and watched as Pete fell back onto his bed.

“Are you going to be okay?” Ryan asked after a moment.

“I think so,” he said. “Thank you.”

“No problem,” Ryan said. “Good night.”

Ryan got back into his own bed. A few minutes later Pete sat up before standing from the bed. He quickly undid his jeans and slid them off before climbing into his bed and under the covers. Another few minutes passed before Ryan could hear Pete’s soft snores. He fell asleep soon after.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this is kinda boring right now. Hopefully it'll get better. And I also really hope that this story sounds like it's cliche or anything. I always try my best to keep cliche to a minimum.

Thank you to the following for commenting:

Bull.

Comments are always appreciated!

~Sally