Ex Friends Till the End

Curious

“I’m really sorry about last night,” Pete said to Ryan a little while after he woke up.

“It’s fine,” Ryan said. “What are roommates for?”

Pete smiled and rubbed the back of his head.

“Can I make it up to you some time?” he asked Ryan after a moment.

“You really don’t need to,” he replied.

“Nope. I’m going to,” Pete said, smiling at Ryan. “I’m not sure how I’m going to pay you back, but as soon as I think of something I’ll let you know.”

“Okay,” Ryan said. “If it’s what you want.”

“Good,” he said. Ryan watched as Pete went to his dresser and started looking for some clothes. Pete couldn’t see Ryan watching, but when Pete lifted up the shirt he was wearing he looked away anyway. His cheeks felt slightly warm and he was sure he was blushing slightly.

Ryan was still trying to get used to living with another guy. It wasn’t exactly easy when that guy was incredibly good looking and really nice and cute and… straight. Ryan almost resented the fact that he was straight, but at least it gave Ryan a reason to try and stop drooling over Pete. For now, Pete was the most difficult challenge that college had thrown at him.

---

Pete was on the phone with his girlfriend. Normally Ryan tried not to eavesdrop but he had stealthily paused the music he was listening to and was listening to Pete’s side of the conversation. He could tell that Pete was annoyed by the way he kept sighing every once in a while; he wasn’t saying much. Ryan glanced over at Pete and could tell that he definitely wasn’t happy.

Another sigh.

“I don’t want to do this,” Pete said finally. It was silent for a moment. “No, that’s not what I meant—no. Amy, would you just listen to me?”

Pete exhaled loudly and Ryan could see him shaking his head.

“No,” he said. “Fine. If that’s how you want to do this, then fine. Have a nice life.”

Pete turned off his phone and tossed it on his desk before standing up from the chair he had been sitting on.

“Are you okay?” Ryan asked.

“I’m sorry you had to hear that,” Pete said. He started towards the door of their room. “I’m going to take a walk. I’ll be back later.”

Ryan had never been so curious about something in his life. Maybe he was exaggerating… but he still really wanted to know what had just happened. Pete hadn’t even answered his question. Ryan pushed play on his iPod. He’d try talking to Pete later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to update-- I've just been busy with school. I'll try and update again soon. :]

Comments are appreciated!

~Sally