Status: Active

Cat's Got Your Tongue

On me?

Liam’s POV
“Helloooo?” A mysterious sounding voice called from outside. I had my arm wrapped around Leah, we were all sitting around the kitchen, waiting for a visitors. A few members from each shifting pack had been cooking for our guests, doing as Hera said, softening them up. “Hera? Liam?” It was Malila. I took a deep breath, kissed Leah gently on the cheek, and went to open the door.
“Malila,” I greeted. Her shoal stood behind her, their faces indifferent. I noticed another small group behind them. “Cob,” I said to the small man walking towards the door. He nodded his head, never smiling. That was a completely different story for Malila. She grabbed me in a bone crushing hug, grinning as I had just made her entire day perfect or something. My arms hung limply by my sides. This was why everyone thought Malila was so weird. She just made everything so weird, awkward and distorted.
“Liam! How aaare you? Wheeere’s Hera?” She cried.
“She had to go out, as did a few others. You know Namid… She practically dragged them out.” She nodded as I gave an explanation. She stepped inside the house, not waiting for an invitation, her shoal, Cob, and his mischief, following suite.
“Hellooo! Daarlinks! It’s a pleasure to seeee you aaall agaaain. And to meeeet you neeewcommers,” I gave an apologetic look to everyone in the room.
“Erm… Everyone, this is Malila, Cob, and their shoal and mischief,’ I said, “This is the La Push wolf pack.” I indicated to them, “And, you remember the clowder?”
“Of cooourse! How cooould I forgeeet!” Malila said. I grimaced quickly, but recomposed my features before anyone could see.
“Hera should be back soon, along with the others. If you would like to, we prepared you some food. Your journey must have been long and perilous.” I led them to the food, and waited for my beloved sister to come back home.
*Later*
“Hey! We’re home!” I heard Namid yelled, entering the house. I watched for Hera. She had her eyes to the ground and her arms wrapped around Sam. I smiled, although Hera was looking a little nervous, and agitated, but using my enhanced hearing, I could hear her accelerated heart rate. Something had happened.
“Heera! Namiid! Cooourtney!” Malila sung, catching everyone’s attention.
“Malila. Cob. Hello. I’m assuming you arrived safely?” Hera said, bringing her eyes up. I looked into them and saw excitement reflecting from them. I could tell she was trying to subside it. I knew her excitement and sped up heart rate were linked, and couldn’t wait to find out why. I would respect her privacy, of course, but she was my sister, I had a right to know what was going on in her life.
“I’m sorry to drag her away from everyone, but Hera, could you come with me for a minute?” I said, eyeing Hera as I spoke. She nodded, untangling herself from Sam, and stood, waiting for me at the door. We left together, walking slowly, deep into the forest.
“So?” I asked, once I assured we were far enough away from the house for none of the shifters to be able to hear us.
“So what?” She said, playing innocent. I rolled my eyes at her.
“Why are you so excited? Why is you heart beating at a thousand miles per hour? Why do you look like you’ve just won a million dollars? Hmmm?” I said, teasingly.
“I do not!” She said haughtily. I raised my eyebrows. Really? Did Hera really think I would fall for it? I was a journalist too.
“Would it have something to do with a Mr. Sam Uley?” I said, deliberately ignoring her last statement.
“Maybe…” She said, giving in.
“Tell me what happened? Are you two finally together?”
“No. We aren’t together. And what do you mean, finally?” She said, suspiciously.
“Erm… Just had a feeling, that’s all.”
“Right…” She said. I shook my head.
“You didn’t answer my first question. What happened? What did you do?” I was still curious.
“Nothing,” I grimaced at her response. I could tell she was lying, “Nothing you need to be concerned about,” She amended. I nodded, that was more accurate, but not quite there yet. I kept eyeing her with my eyebrows raised.
“Okay! Okay! You win,” I grinned, when she gave in, “We kissed. That’s all.” She was smiling as she said it.
“Oh! You kissed. Is that all? Was it just a ‘kiss’ or was it a ‘massive electric shock, fireworks going off, butterflies in your stomach kiss’,” I loved teasing her.
“I’ll go for the latter.” I grinned at her as she said this.
“So, do you love him?” I said after a while. She sighed.
“I guess so… I mean, I don’t know. I feel weird that I just fell for someone so easily. It’s like I feel some massive pull towards him, and I can’t control myself.” I smiled.
“That would be because of the-“I stopped myself just in time. I told Sam I wouldn’t tell Hera about the imprint, although she probably already knew by now.
“Because of the what? The what, Liam?” Hera said impatiently.
“I promised I wouldn’t say,”
“Liam, you can’t promise not to tell me anything. I could just order you to tell me.”I smiled, knowing she had won.
“Liam Billington, tell me what you were going to say! Now!” There we go, the Alpha order.
“I was going to say, the imprint. I was going to say That was because of the imprint.” I was grinning from ear to ear by now. Hera’s face was priceless.
“That what?!” She all but yelled.
“The imprint, dear sister. Sam imprinted on you.”
“Sam imprinted on me? On me?” I nodded and watched as her face turned gleeful. “Sam imprinted on me! On me!” She squealed, jumping up and down in the air. I caught her for a hug, and soon we were bouncing around together.
Who knew being chased to La Push by crazy horse shifters could have had such an outcome. Both Hera and I found the loves of our lives…
Thank you Tasunke…