Just another emo freak. Is that all I ever was?

Chapter 1

As Helena slipped on her head phones Panic! At the Disco filled her ears:

“Is it still me that makes you sweat?

Am I who you think about in bed?

When the lights are dim and your hands are shaking as you're sliding off your dress?

Then think of what you did

And how I hope to God he was worth it.

When the lights are dim and your heart is racing as your fingers touch my skin.

I've got more wit, a better kiss, a hotter touch, a better fuck

Than any boy you'll ever meet, sweetie you had me

Girl I was it, look past the sweat, a better love deserving of

Exchanging body heat in the passenger seat?

No, no, no, you know it will always just be me

Let's get these teen hearts beating. Faster, faster

So testosterone boys and harlequin girls,

Will you dance to this beat, and hold a lover close?

So testosterone boys and harlequin girls,

Will you dance to this beat, and hold a lover close

So I guess we're back to us, oh cameraman, swing the focus

In case I lost my train of thought, where was it that we last left off?

(Let's pick up, pick up)”

She tried walking onto the bus unnoticed hoping to God they would leave her alone. Nothing mattered to her anymore, everyday it was the same...she was the pauper princess...she was inferior to them or so they thought.

"Well, well, look who decided to join us none other than the pauper herself." Jacob yelled from the back of the bus. Helena tried ignoring him as he continued insulting her. "Hey pauper no one ignores me." He growled pulling her iPod head phones off. The music stopped abruptly as she turned to glare at him.

"What!" She yelled in his face. "What the fuck do you want your, Highness?" Helena asked sarcastically as she ripped her iPod out of his hands. She knew she shouldn't have done it, not because she was supposedly lower, but because she was better than that...them. Jacob looked taken aback, but that quickly changed as anger quickly appeared on his perfect face. He grabbed her roughly, pushing her against the seat. "Young man let her go!" The bus driver yelled helplessly trying to pull him away from Helena. "Are you going to hit me. Then. Do. It." Helena said calmly through gritted teeth.

Mike got out ofhis seat and pulled Jacob off. 'Dude' was the only word he mumbled as he sat back down. Jacob didn't say another word. The bus driver just looked at her. "Hunny are you okay?" She asked helping her up. "I don't know, but thank you." Helena said walking toward the back of the bus.

The bus was full of chatter and that chatter consisted of the 'pauper'. "Can I sit with you?' Helena asked a girl with dark hair. The girl nodded her head. Helena slid into the seat quietly. "Rebeca Newport." The girl introduced herself as she stuck out her hand. Helena took it surprised, but none the less introduced herself. " Helena Tessa Jayton." Helena said smiling. "I think I'm going to like you." Rebeca stated releasing her hand. "Can I see your schedule?" Rebeca asked looking up at Helena. "Uh…yeah sure." Helena said looking through her messenger bag. "Here it goes." She said sheepishly as she gave Rebeca a crumpled paper. "I took you as the neat type, Helena." Rebeca joked. Helena smiled. "I'm full of surprises. What can I say?" She joked back. Rebeca flattened the piece of paper. "We have all our classes together -- weird, I've only see you a couple times." She mumbled looking up at her. Helena looked at her laughing nervously. "Ummm...I ditched a couple times?" Rebeca looked at her disbelievingly. "Okay a lot of the time." She corrected. "Consider me your friend Helena." Rebeca stated as she hugged Helena. "Call me Heelie," Helena said as the bus stopped.

"Come on, Heelie." Rebeca mumbled getting her stuff together. "Where's your locker block, Hell?" She asked following closely behind Helena. "Oh it's in the new hall...you know the one they built over the summer." She explained. "Ah cool mine is too." Rebeca said walking closely next to Helena. "I'll meet you by the stairs Rebeca?" Helena questioned as she stopped in front of her locker. "Are you sure Heelie?" Rebeca asked quietly. "I don't think you should be on your own." She finished hoping Helena would change her mind. " I'll be fine Ree. Just go." Helena said nudging her. "Okay. Meet you at the stairs."

Helena nervously picked up her lock. She pulled it...but nothing. "Dammit." She mumbled, clearing the lock and trying again. "Helena tsk tsk tsk you shouldn't mess with Jacob or..." Helena cut him off. "Or what?!" She practically yelled in his face. "I'm tired of YOU and YOUR friends, okay. I don't give a damn about the or this 'ill happen or that because frankly you don't know what you started. I will NOT let a bunch of... of people harass me! " Helena angrily yelled slamming her locker with her books in hand. Mike just stared at her with his mouth open while Helena stalked away to meet Rebeca.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like this story. It seems to be popular on the other writing sites I've had it up on.

Feedback is cool people so drop me some. I'd like to know what you guys (well gals) think.

Edit: Thank yee for subscribing to this story. I appreciate it. :]]

X Bam