Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

Just Like The Movies

You know in romantic comedies when the couple first gets together how they show that romantic montage? That's basically what the last two weeks have been like for John and I.

We snuggle on the bus after shows.

He helps me fold t-shirts at the merchandise table.

I wake him up each morning with a kiss on the cheek.

We have been completely inseparable.

"Hey beautiful, how was your day?" John asked walking onto the bus and giving me a quick kiss on the forehead.

I felt a grin spread across my face and blushed.

"Fine, how was yours?" I asked in return.

"Amazing." He answered sitting next to me on the couch and wrapping and arms around my waist.

I have to admit, it took me a while to get used to someone touching me so gently. Like the slightest roughness would completely shatter me. John made me feel safe. That was something I loved about him. Along with many other things he does. Like the way he cups my entire face with his extremely large hands while we kiss, or how when he pulls away he looks directly into my eyes and gives me a breath taking smile, but most of all I love how he continues to tell me that he loves me everyday. Even if I don't say it back.

"Babe?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"You kind of zoned out there," he chuckled. "Wanna go mini-golfing tonight? Just you and me?"

"Absolutely. What time?" I smiled.

"Whenever you're ready." He answered.

I nodded and sat up from the couch pulling away from his grasp. I turned around to face him.

"John?" I asked biting my lip.

Now or never.

"Yeah?"

"I, uh, I'm not good at this. I just wanted to tell you that I'm really lucky to have you and I appreciate everything that you do for me." I told him nervously as I stared at the floor.

Dammit! Just tell him you love him!

"You're welcome, doll." He said standing up to give me a kiss on the cheek. "Now go get ready." He whispered in my ear. I chuckled and walked back to change.

Once I had put on some dark skinny jeans and a plain white long sleeved shirt with my favorite pair of brown moccasins I walked back into the living room to find John playing around on his phone.

"Ready?" He asked looking up at me. I nodded and he stood up and laced our fingers together and we took off walking to the mini-golf place.

"I have to warn you, I'm really not good at this." I told him as we were getting our clubs.

"You can't be that bad." He chuckled.

"You'd be surprised..." I told him in a sing-song voice.

He looked over at me and shook his head as we walked to the first hole.

"Ladies first," he said motioning for me to take my turn. I think he was just trying to scope out an opportunity to see how bad I was.

I placed my ball on the bright green plastic surface and held my golf club steadily between my two hands. I gripped the cold metal between my clammy hands and hit the ball down the course.

I watched as it bounced from side to side and slammed into the back wall and bouncing over it into the tiny pond filled with artificially colored water.

"I told you!" I sighed as I dropped my club and started to retrieve the ball.

"Hey, let me get it." John said jogging over to the pond and rolling up the sleeve of his flannel shirt to fetch the ball.

He pulled it out of the water and shook it once. Then he walked back down the course and set it down in front of me.

"Thank you." I said as I got ready to hit it again.

"Not so fast, pretty girl. Let me help you." He said.

Before I knew what was going on his arms were wrapped around me and they held onto my hands that were gripping the club. He brought his face down so that our cheeks were almost pressed together and he began speaking.

"Relax, now hold it like this and tap it ever so gently," he said guiding my hands back and then forward so the ball glided down the green in a straight line. I watched it keep rolling until it reached the hole and sunk in with a plop.

My jaw dropped and I gasped.

"No way! A hole in one? I've never gotten a hole in one before!" I squealed.

John dropped the club and gave me a squeeze from behind.

"Congrats," he said with a laugh.

I turned myself around and wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed.

"Thank you! This is so exciting!"

"You're welcome, sweetheart." He replied as he wrapped his arms around me in a warm embrace.

I pulled away as I started to get a tickle in my nose. I made a face and covered my mouth.

I proceeded to sneeze three times in a row.

"God bless you! Are you sick, babe?" He asked.

"No, I was fine this morning..."

"Okay, well let's move on to the next hole." He said, sounding very unconvinced.

I nodded and we kept playing.

"Achoo! Achoo! Achoo! Achoo!" I sneezed. After sniffling I wrapped my arms tightly around my body in an attempt to keep warm.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked once more.

"Yup!" I told him in a stuffy voice. A shiver ran down my spine and John noticed.

He pulled off his flannel shirt and wrapped it around my small frame.

"John, I'm-"

"Take it," he smirked "You need it more than I do."

Taking off the flannel left him in only his gray tanktop, giving me the chance to admire his muscular arms.

I slid my arms into the sleeves and snapped the buttons shut. I had to leave a few open at the top because it didn't quite fit over my bust.

"That shirt looks good on you. Keep it." John smiled.

"John, this is your favorite shirt!" I protested.

"I want you to have it. I like how you look in my shirt." He winked.

I chuckled and blushed.

"Why do you blush every time I compliment you?" He asked.

"I don't know." I told him shyly.

He just grinned and hit the golf ball.

After we finished our game, which John won, we started walking back to the bus. It had gotten dark, and cold. I was shivering even with Johns shirt on and I couldn't even fathom how he was walking around in only a tanktop.

"Aren't you c-cold?" I asked with my teeth chattering.

"Not really. The burning passion I feel for you keeps me warm." He joked.

"John... What I was trying to say earlier," I said getting serious "I... I love you, too."

He stopped walking and turned to me. He placed a hand on my cheek and leaned in.

"No! You'll get sick!" I said pulling away.

"Way to ruin the moment." He pouted.

Before I could stop him, he leaned down and kissed my lips. Moving his lips passionately against mine.

"There. Now I'm sick so I can kiss you all I want." He grinned. "Oh by the way, I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwee! I love this chapter!
I only got 2 comments last time. Can we change that? Thank you!
Remember to subscribe and comment. Thanks for reading:)