Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

Because You Make Me Happy

"A toast to the happy couple!" Kennedy cheered as he held up his glass of champagne.

"Cheers!" Everybody exclaimed.

John and I each took a sip of our champagne.

All our closest friends and family were here at our engagement party. I had finally met Johns family, my family had flown down from Pennsylvania to come also.

"I have a surprise for you after this." John whispered into my ear from next to me.

"What is it?" I giggled.

"You'll see." He grinned.

I smiled and shook my head.

"Caty! Come here." My brother cried as he pulled me away from John and crushed me in a bear hug. "Dad would be so proud, Cat." He whispered.

"Thanks, Core." I smiled.

Our dad died of cancer when I was 14 and Cory was 10. He was the greatest dad we could have asked for. Occasionally Cory would call me just to talk about him. He missed him so much. He was closer than I was with him, but nevertheless he loved us both the same. It was hard for Cory growing up around just my mom and I, but he's turning out to be a great man.

Finally we pulled away and Cory went off to go get some more food.

I sipped more of my champagne and looked over at John who was talking to some of his friends. I didn't want to interrupt, so I turned away and started to walk towards Amanda when I heard my name being called by someone.

"Caty!" John shouted.

I turned and walked over to him and his friends shyly.

"Guys this is her, and Caty this is Nick, Justin, Halvo, and Andrew." He said as he pointed to the men.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." I waved. "Thanks for coming."

"You too and no problem. John's totally whipped and we had to meet the girl who did it." The red-head Nick joked.

"It took a while, but I think I got him in line." I laughed.

"Oh I like her." Halvo laughed.

John didn't even try to joke back. He just laughed and grinned down at me before wrapping an arm around my waist.

We talked for a while longer before Tim came over and began whispering to John. He nodded and turned to me.

"Hey baby, I'll be right back." John said before kissing my cheek and walking off.

"Oh looks like Tim and John have a little bromance." Andrew joked.

I laughed out loud at this. "I don't think I'll ever be able to compare with Tim in any area except maybe the bedroom."

"Oh my god, you are so Johns girl. If you guys don't get married, the world will seriously end." Justin exclaimed.

I was about to reply when I saw John and the boys step on the stage. Everyone turned their attention to them and he started speaking.

"Hey everybody, thanks for coming. I wanted to do this before I got too drunk," Everybody laughed at that "I was thinking about what song described how I feel with Caty and I don't think any song describes it better than this one. Here it goes."

I stared in awe and heard the music start to play. I immediately recognized the song they were playing and smiled widely. John started singing and for the millionth time, took my breath away.

"Every now and then I get down to the end of the day
⁠And I have to stop and ask myself why I've done it.
⁠It just seems so useless to have to work so hard
⁠And nothin' ever really seems to come from it.

⁠But then she looks me in the eye and says,
⁠"We're gonna last forever."
⁠And man, you know I can't begin to doubt it.
⁠No, 'cause it just feels so good and so free and so right.
⁠I know we ain't never goin' to change our minds about it - hey!

⁠Here comes my girl. Here comes my girl.
⁠Yeah, and she looks so right, she is all I need tonight.

⁠Every time it seems like there ain't nothin' left no more,
⁠I find myself having to reach out and grab hold of something.
⁠Yeah, I just catch myself waiting, wondering, worrying
⁠About some silly little things that don't add up to nothin'.

⁠But then she looks me in the eye and says,
⁠"We're gonna last forever."
⁠And man, you know I can't begin to doubt it.
⁠No, 'cause it just feels so good and so free and so right.
⁠I know we ain't never gonna' to change our minds about it - hey!

⁠Here comes my girl. Here comes my girl.
⁠Yeah, and she looks so right, she is all I need tonight."


Everyone broke out in applause and cheers.

"I love you, Caty." He breathed into the microphone. "And no, this isn't the surprise."

Everybody chuckled and clapped for the boys again.

After John walked off stage I ran up jumped into his arms. He hugged me back and I leaned up and kissed his cheeks, then his nose, then his forehead, before finally kissing his lips. I moved my lips against his fervently before I ran out of breath.

"I love you so so so much!" I squealed.

"Good because I love you, too." He beamed.

I kissed the tip of his nose again and then squeezed him again.

"I love this fucking party!" He told me quietly as he wrapped his arms around me again.

"Why?" I asked. "Because you finally got me to drink willingly?"

"Partly." He chuckled. "And, because I've never seen you so happy before. I want you to always be this happy."

"I'll always be this happy as long as I'm with you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't love this chapter. I'm sorry I didn't get to thank everybody again.
Please comment and subscribe! Only 2 or 3 more chapters left!