Status: Complete

You're My Medication

Leaving.

“I'm done.” I looked up from my book and over to J who was sitting at his desk.

“Done with what?” I asked going back to reading.

“…Everything.”

“Hm?” I asked scrunching up my eyebrows and closing my book. I sat up on the bed and watched him.

“What do you mean?”

“Nikki, I have nothing left to do as the Joker. I've killed George and Damien, and I know who Batman is… What else is there to do?” he asked leaning back in his chair with a sigh. This was weird…

“You could go blow up a bank and hold some people hostage. For shits and giggles, right?” I joked. J cracked a grin, but it didn’t last.

“I think it’s time that we moved again. You're right, man I hate saying that,” he flashed me a smile. I returned it and got up to walk over to him. I sat down on his lap so I was facing him. It seemed like a good time to tell him what I was going to earlier but decided not to.

“Since you're talking about moving on, I think it’s a good time to tell you something,” I began. J wrapped his arms around my waist to hold me closer to him.

“I’m listening.” I took a deep breath and held one of his hands in mine. I slowly brought it to my stomach and looked him in the eye.

“You're gonna be a daddy. Surprise…” I said softly. J’s eyes widened and kept looking up at me and then down to where his hand rested on my stomach.

“You're shitting me, right?”

“No… I was going to tell you before we confronted Damien, but it didn’t seem like the right time…” I mumbled and looked away.

“I’m gonna be a father? Holy shit… I gotta get parenting for dummies or something…” J said slowly and reached his other hand around to rest on my stomach.

“We really do need to leave,” he mumbled. I carefully got off him and watched him scurry around the room grabbing different things.

“I’ll be back soon. I need to run a few errands and then we can figure everything else out,” J hurried as he pecked my cheek and flew out the room. Now that looked like the old Jack. Maybe he was still there after all. I smiled and walked into the living room where Ruff was sitting down watching TV. I plopped down next to him.

“What made you so smiley?” he asked giving me a suspicious look.

“J and I are moving. He’s probably going to give you your final paycheck soon. Knowing him and how much you mean to him, you won’t have to work much after it,” I said grinning.

“Wait, why are you moving?” he asked somewhat shocked and confused.

“I got a bun in the oven,” I joked and patted my flat stomach.

“Congratulations!” Ruff pulled me into a tight bear hug. I laughed and finally pushed him away.

“Thanks, and I get to choose where we move. I’m thinking Florida…”

“I’m happy you two are finally getting your happy ending,” Ruff commented softly.

“Yeah, me too,” I whispered. We watched TV for a little while longer before my phone rang. I excused myself and went into the kitchen to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Nikki. It’s Bruce. I was just calling to check up on you.”

“Hey Bruce! Good news. J and I are leaving soon,” I said happily.

“Really? When?” he didn’t sound as excited.

“I'm not sure yet, but not too long. What's with the lack of emotion?” I asked.

“I don’t know… I guess you two were growing on me,” he replied.

“Bruce, there will be plenty more criminals to fight once J leaves. You won’t be too bored,” I laughed trying to lighten the mood.

“Yeah, I guess you're right.”

“Bruce, rule number one, women are always right,” I joked.

“Sure sure, just make sure to say goodbye before you leave, okay?”

“Okay, I’ll call you later. Bye Bruce,” we hung up and a sad feeling settled in my gut. Bruce was right, we had gotten closer and he was growing on me as well, but J and I needed to do what was right for our baby. He or she can't be raised in an unstable environment like we have now…

~*~

“Do you have everything?” J asked closing the tailgate on his F250. I double checked my bags and nodded.

“Yeah, I think that’s everything.”

“Alright, let’s blow this popsicle stand!” J yelled and hopped into the front seat. He was dressed casually, no makeup and his blonde hair was washed and drying curly. He wore a white v-neck with khaki shorts and a pair of dark brown Sperrys.

We already said goodbye to the goons and J made sure they were taken care of for life. He has a large sum of money in savings because of all his bank robberies. Now the only person left to see was Bruce.

“Let’s make this quick. I don’t want him getting all mushy on you,” J grumbled. He keeps telling me that Bruce wants to keep me for himself, but I laugh it off. It’s just J being J. It wasn’t too long before we pulled up to his newly rebuilt mansion.

J got out first and came around to my side so he could hold my hand as we walked up to the front door. I rang the doorbell and Alfred smiled at us on the other side.

“Master Wayne is in the living room.” Alfred led us down a hall and into a huge room decorated with expensive looking paintings. Bruce was sitting on the couch waiting for us. He jumped up when he saw us walk into the room.

“You're finally here…”

“A little clingy hm? Don’t miss me too much, Batsy,” J chuckled and gently tightened his hold on my hand. I kissed J's cheek before leaving his side to hug Bruce. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed tightly.

“Be safe, okay? Don’t let him get too crazy,” Bruce said sternly. I let go of him and nodded.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be fine. I’ll even send you postcards and pictures,” I tried calming him down. He nodded and we started to talk back towards the door. We hadn’t planned on staying long.

“We have to get going, Batsy. It’s gonna be a long drive and boat ride to Boca Chica Key in Florida,” J said urging me to pick up the pace. I gave Bruce and Alfred one more hug before walking out the door with J. We got in his truck and drove away. I watched as Bruce disappeared behind us.

“This is only the beginning of our life together,” J said softly and held my hand over the dashboard.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the final chapter, but the epilogue is next. It's short, but I like it. Comment and read(: Thanks Loves!