Status: Complete

You're My Medication

5 Years Later

“Avery, you need to put on your sunscreen!” I called out to him, but he was already knee deep in the water.

“Jack, go put sunscreen on your son,” I said handing the bottle to him. Jack flashed me a goofy grin before taking off after our oldest. He was turning 5 soon and already a handful. I could hear his shrieks of laughter once Jack caught him.

“I want Daddy,” Mason tugged on my shirt to put him down. He just turned two and was showing to be a Daddy’s boy. I set the toddler down and watched him run toward Jack and Avery. Thank goodness I’m having a girl next. I rested a hand on my swollen stomach and watched my family from our little bungalow that faced the beach.

Jack tossed Mason in the air and caught him before he hit the water. The boys looked just like their dad. Curly blonde hair, but they got my blue eyes. I heard the phone ring in the kitchen so I went to grab it before the answering machine did.

“Hello?”

“Hello Beautiful.”

“What do you want, Bruce?” I asked laughing. I walked back out onto our porch and sat down on the bench swing so I could watch the boys play in the water.

“I just wanted to see how things were going down there. I got your pictures. The boys are growing up so fast,” he said happily.

“I know and they want to see their Uncle Bruce. When are you coming back down here?” I asked and watched Avery try to tackle Jack.

“Soon, Mika wants to come with me. She sees all their pictures and wants to meet you and Jack,” he added. Mika and Bruce started seeing each other 2 years after Jack and I left. They’ve been going steady ever since and I have a feeling he’ll propose soon.

“That’s fine. I’ll just need to set up the guest room for you two,” I laughed.

“How are you doing? Being preggo and all,” Bruce joked on the other end.

“I’m as good as any seven month pregnant woman can be. I’m emotional, craving strange food and sore, but Jack is great to me. He deals with the boys when I feel like I'm about to kill them, he gets me everything I want and he even rubs my feet. I’m doing really well here,” I explained happily.

“That’s good to hear. I’ll talk to Mika and I’ll call you so we can set a date. I’m walking into a meeting. Bye Nikki,” we said goodbye and I set the phone down on the swing.

“Nikki, can you grab Mason?” I looked up and saw Jack carrying two sleepy boys toward me. I grabbed Mason and watched him fall asleep in my arms. Avery was clinging to Jack’s back and trying to stay awake.

“I think it’s nap time,” I said softly.

“I’m not sleepy…” Avery yawned. Jack and I smiled at each other before walking into the house and putting the boys down in their beds. I closed the door and sat down next to Jack on our couch.

“They’re so active. I feel old…”

“You're only 29,” I joked. Jack smiled down at me and kissed me sweetly on the lips.

“I can’t wait for Taylor to get here. I’m gonna spoil my little girl so much,” he spoke to my stomach and kissed it. Taylor must have heard him because she began kicking my stomach.

“Look what you did… You got her all excited,” I grumbled. Jack laughed and wrapped an arm around me. We leaned back and relaxed on the couch.

“Bruce called. He and Mika are coming down soon,” I filled in.

“Hm, that sounds fun,” Jack said softly. I yawned and rested my head on his shoulder. Yes, life was good, and Jack and I have never been happier. Jack kissed my temple as I drifted to sleep.

(Pictures of Avery and Mason are up in the characters section)
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END! Thank you to everyone who read this far. It means a lot to me. Go check out my other stories. (: