Status: Complete

You're My Medication

Flashback.

“Let go of me!” my screams echoed off the bare walls of the narrow alley. The two guys pinning me to the wall kept yanking at my clothes, trying to force them off my body. Who knew Hampton could be this dangerous? The smaller of the two men stepped back to watch as I struggled against his friend. The larger man wouldn’t release his grip on me and I could feel the bruises beginning to form where he held my wrists.

“I like ‘em when they struggle like this,” he whispered while licking his lips. He forced my wrists together and held them with one hand so he could grab the hem of my jeans with his other. His friend kept a watch, but he kept glancing at us and smiling to himself.

The bigger man managed to pull my jeans down to my knees, revealing my underwear. The icy winter wind felt like needles pricking my exposed thighs. I screamed again, but the man held me to the wall tightly so it was impossible to get away.

I turned my head about to give up and stared at the other entrance to the alley. It was only a few yards away…my eyes almost popped out when I saw a boy my age walking past it.

“HELP!” I screamed as loud as I could. The boy turned just in time to see the bigger man slap me across the face. The smaller guy glared at the boy staring at us and told him to fuck off. My pants were almost all the way down now. The boy I asked to help stared at me with wide hazel eyes.

“Go get help!” I yelled only to get slapped again. The boy seemed to panic and his blonde curly hair blew with the wind as he looked each way for help. He finally dropped his backpack and ran towards us. Is he crazy?! These guys have knives!!

“NO! You’ll get hurt!” but he didn’t stop. The boy ran straight into the smaller guy and was on top of him punching him. The big guy stared at them, but refused to let me go.

“Daniel, get the fuck up and kick the kid’s ass!” he yelled to the small man.

“I’m trying, Jerry, but this kid is stronger than he looks!” Daniel yelled back. Jerry tightened his grip on me before looking me in the eyes and smashing my head into the brick wall. I fell to the ground when he let go of me and gripped my throbbing head in my hands. I looked up and saw that the boy had knocked Daniel unconscious. Jerry grabbed the blonde that helped me and shoved him into the snow covered ground. He proceeded to sit on his stomach and pull a knife out of his pocket. The boy frowned at the sight of the blade.

“Awe, c’mon. You need to smile more. Let’s put a smile on that face!” Jerry laughed and pushed the blade into the boy’s mouth. All I could do was watch the scene unfold through my blurry and dizzy vision. My legs felt like lead and jello at the same time.

“Why so serious?” Jerry asked as he slowly sliced both of the boy’s cheeks open. His cries of pain filled the alley and my ears. I looked down and saw that my hands had gotten my cellphone and dialed 911. I didn’t even realize I was calling them, but I guess they heard the boy’s screaming because sirens could be heard in the distance.

Jerry grabbed Daniel and dragged him out of the alley. I quickly pulled my pants back up and crawled over to the blonde. My vision slowly came back now there was only a dull throb in my head.

Snow was freezing my hands and getting both of us wet. Blood was pouring from his cheeks and staining the white snow a dark red. I took my jacket sleeves and put pressure on his cheeks. I could hear the ambulance now too.

“Thank you so much,” I cried. Tears were flowing down my face when I saw him try to smile at me, but grimace in pain instead. It only made me cry harder. I don’t even know this guy, but he did so much for me. He tried to mumble something, but I couldn’t understand it. He tried again.

“I’m Jack, Jack Napier,” the blood spilled from his mouth so I silenced him. He didn’t need to talk anymore, but I smiled at him anyway through my tears.

“I’m Nicole Sherman, but I go by Nikki.”


I shot up from dreaming and looked around the room I was in. Obviously, I wasn’t in the car anymore, but it looked like a police station. It wasn’t as clean as the GCPD, but I’m guessing this is the secret station that Gordan was blabbing about.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Gordan was watching me closely and I gave him a weird look as a reply. He shook his head softly and looked down at the cup of coffee he held in his old hands.

“You were screaming in your sleep,” he whispered. When did I fall asleep? In the car maybe? I looked down at the armchair I was sitting in and the blanket that was draped across me. I rubbed my face to wake up and noticed it was wet. Great, I was crying too.

“He just blew up an airport,” Gordan said looking at me again and away from his black coffee.

“Next is a daycare,” I mumbled remembering when I watched a daycare in Hampton get blown up on a TV in the police station there. I stood up and stretched my arms as I listened to Gordan radio his men about evacuating daycares.

J would be coming soon…He was only going to blow up a few more places before he finds out about the secret police station, and I can't wait for him to find me. Then he can stop killing so many people and go back to taunting Batman and the scum of Gotham. I can't stop him from killing completely, but I can at least lower the number greatly.

“Let’s get you something to eat,” Gordan said and I followed him into the break room. He pulled a doughnut box out of the old refrigerator and set it on a table in front of me with a water bottle beside it.

“Ted is going to pick up some real food soon, but this is all we have right now. I haven’t had to use this station in a while so I don’t have it stocked with the necessities.” I nodded and picked at the piece of dough in the box.

“How long was I asleep?” I asked as Gordan took a seat across from me at the table.

“Almost the whole day,” J would be coming sooner than I thought. We have until tomorrow until we’re reunited again.

“Nicole, you were screaming things like: Go get help. You’ll get hurt and thank you. Well, you didn’t scream thank you, but you get the point. What were you dreaming about?” I pushed the cold doughnut aside and picked at my fingernails.

“Nothing that you need to worry about. What you need to worry about now is that fact that J is almost done with his list of games,” I said looking up from my nails to meet his gaze.

“What do you mean?” he asked narrowing his eyes.

“J is getting tired of blowing things up and he’ll be here by tomorrow at the latest. It won’t take long to find you considering he has friends in high places,” I said looking back down at my nails in thought.

“He’ll only blow up 4 more buildings before he’s done.” Gordan opened his mouth to say something, but an officer in uniform came running into the room panting.

“Th-The Joker just blew up St. Peter’s Children Daycare in the East District,” He said trying to catch his breath. Both men turned to look at me in question.

“A grocery store,” I answered. Gordan nodded and called someone in on his walkie talkie. A different man walked into the break room. He was big and muscular and had a long scar next to his right eye. In a way, he kind of reminded me of hulk.

“Can I get some fresh air? It’s too stuffy in here,” I asked looking between all three men.

“Matt, keep an eye on Nicole when she goes out. We don’t want her to get away or someone to get her. The Joker is doing everything he can to get her back and we can’t allow that.” The big man, Matt, nodded and took my arm. Poor guy. He was probably all muscle and no brains, the opposite of Hulk who had both qualities. This is going to be too easy…
♠ ♠ ♠
Got my new computer battery and I'm back in action(: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!!! :D