Your Blackbird

B only says sexy things.

I woke up to nacho breath blowing on my face. Delicious, I know. Brendon was still curled up by my side and one of his arms had wrapped itself around me sometime during the night, holding on tight. He was sleeping peacefully and I could feel his heart beat at a steady pace, almost in sync with mine. I didn't really want to move but I had a feeling it was around 12 and the last thing I needed to do was fall back asleep and screw my sleeping pattern for the week.

"Brendon." I whispered, lightly shaking him. He didn't stir. "B, wake up." I shook a little harder but still gentle. He looked so nice and happy with his eyelids closed and dreams floating through his head but I had to bring him back to the real ugly world at some point, might as well be sooner rather than later.

"Mmhm. No..." he whimpered, moving even closer to me until his face was pressed against my neck. I shivered and didn't know why.

"Come on, you'll waste away the day."

"Don't care."

"If you get up I'll buy you redbull." I said sweetly, my fingers combing through his hair.

"What a glorious morning!" he shouted and jumped up, singing an unrecognizable tune that was probably from a Disney movie I'd never seen. He twirled around looking for clothes to wear as I laughed.

"More like afternoon." I told him getting up from the bed, stretching. He went to his bathroom to change and said over his shoulder "Don't care."

Guess someone doesn't give a shit today. Then so be it. Caring is a bit overrated anyway.

I pulled off my shirt and dug through his closet to find something of his that I could wear. We always wore each other clothes simply because it was convenient and I'm not going to lie, the detergent his mom used on his stuff smelled pretty fucking good.

I decided to keep my pants on though since jeans never get dirty. Ever. I don't care if you disagree. They never get dirty.

"Ready to hit the road, Jack?"

"Haha, you're funny. And if I were to be Jack then that means I wouldn't be here because I believe he's under the sea somewhere after the hoe said she'd never let go." I retorted.

"Ouch, but nice one! Even though that's a different Jack." we walked out of his room and down the stairs.

"I know ding dong, sometimes comebacks don't have to make complete sense."

"Speaking of cents, such as money, how about we go get that redbull now?" He jumped up and down eagerly like a puppy mixed with a 5 year old on a sugar high.

"I said sense, not cents."

"Oh, I know. But sometimes comebacks don't have to make complete sense." he stuck a tongue out at me as we hopped into the beat up van. I will never get over it's disgusting, rusty, olive color.

"You're such a smartass."

"Yeah and you love it." he buckled up, started the car, and turned the radio up. As if there was a God, a My Chemical Romance song had just began.

"Luck is present in our lives today, I see." he grinned, driving down to the next street.

"Oh, sure, thank luck. What about me for getting you out of bed?"

"Sorry, can't hear you over my dancing. My Chemical Romance makes me dance."

"You little shit, don't quote me."

"Too late!"

We sang along loud and obnoxiously to "This Is How I Disappear".

So the song might not be the most skippy-dee-do-da song in the world but our karaoke-esque sound made it a bit more cheerful.

Windows rolled down, off to go get a bribe I had used, singing MCR, sometimes life is okay.

My phone rang in my pocket as the song ended with a bang.

"Ryan, Ryan, I can- I can't find dad!" Stacey was panicking.

"Calm down, he's probably passed out in some corner or something." I rolled my eyes, impatiently, as we pulled up to a corner store.

"No, no, no, I checked everywhere, I swear! He's not here and the car keys are gone and the car's not in the garage and he drank so much last night- I can't- Ry I'm scared."

Okay, things were getting serious.

"Just sit there and try to relax. I'll be there in 10 minutes, okay?"

"Okay." her voice was quiet. Stacey never used to get like this. She'd be the first one to talk and the last one to stop. But our fucking dad...when I find him I swear...

"Something wrong?" Brendon looked at me alarmed. I could feel myself getting angry.

"That asshole of a father of mine is riding around town, hungover and just." I felt my fists clench up involuntarily.

Suddenly each hand was held by Brendon's. I looked down at them as he brushed his fingers lightly in small circles until my hands stopped being so tense.

I tried to use my own advice and be calm.

"Okay, it's going to be fine. We'll just drive around and see if we can find him."

I looked back up to his face and nodded.

"What about your redbull?"

"I'd give up drinking redbull for the rest of my life if it meant not having to see you go through this shit. Who cares about a tasty beverage when there are real problems in the world?"

I bit my lip, trying not to smile.

"That has to be the cutest thing I've ever heard."

"I don't say cute things, only sexy." he pulled out of the parking lot and headed down a random street.

"Sure, B, Sure." I turned my head towards the window to begin searching for the douche that just had to be my sperm donor.

And sometimes life is hell.

But at least I know there's one person I can always count on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know much about Ryan or Brendon's families and I don't want to "research" them because I feel like that's kinda crossing a line so I'm just saying he has a sister named Stacey. I think this chapter is okay but it's the best it can be so I'm just posting it. Hooray for chapter zwei though!