Status: Finished :D

U Smile... I Smile

New Favorite Place

It was about an hour drive to arrive in Kihei, Maui- the little town where we would be staying, located in western Maui. The first thing we did when we reached town, was go to the local grocery store to get food for our stay. Everything was expensive since it was a remote island in the middle of the Pacific. We didn’t get a lot of food, we had about enough for maybe five days at the most, but we would come back. And on some days we will eat out.

Justin acted like a little kid by asking for everything he wanted as we passed by in the aisles. I let him have one of the things he really wanted- a huge supermarket size bag of Doritos with five snack bags per flavor. We got some steaks for dinners, lots of different kinds of fruit (mostly pineapples and mangos), canned goods, and my favorite kind of Hawaiian juice- Pog, which is pineapple, orange, guava juice. When we purchased all our groceries, we went back to the car and pulled out a map to find the place we were going to be staying at.

As Justin was pulling out of the parking lot, I was studying the map to find Maui Kamaole and giving him directions from the map once I found it. We pulled into the beautiful resort and drove to the office. Justin stayed in the car while I ran in to sign papers and get our key to our condo. We got B-43, which was a beachfront access and on the lower level. It was a cute small condo with one bedroom, two bathrooms, kitchen, and a living room. It was just perfect for us.

Justin and I brought everything from the car to the condo and started putting groceries into the refrigerator or cabinets. While Justin was finishing up that job, I went to the bedroom and started unpacking my clothes and accessories out of my suitcase and into the dresser drawers and in the closet. When Justin was finished in the kitchen, he followed suit. Of course I finished before him, since I started before him. So I pulled down the covers of the king size bed and crawled in wrapping the thin quilt around me. I planned on taking about an hour or more nap, to catch up on jet-lag and everything, but just traveling itself with all the work put into it tires me. A little bit later, I felt the bed sink in on the other side, knowing it was Justin I crawled over to him and put myself in his arms to cuddle with him.

Justin and I woke up when the sun began to set on the horizon. Looking at it from our patio deck was beautiful. I suggested that we walk down to the beach from our condo to watch the amazing show that the sun was beginning to present us. Justin and I were both in our jeans and heavy shirts from when we left Alaska. So we quickly changed into something more lighter. I changed into a white cotton sundress that had embroidered flowers with beads along the bottom of the dress and wore a pair of my leather flip-flops. Justin changed into some plaid shorts with a simple T-shirt and a pair of flip-flops that I got him from when we went shopping.

Justin was eating a bag of his Doritos when I entered the kitchen. I laughed at him quietly and he just gave me a grin. I grabbed the key to the condo and took the bag of Doritos out of his hand and set it on the counter tugging him out to the lanai with me to the front of the golf course that had the path to the beach. When we reached the path, we had to duck under a few tree branches and step over some roots that were growing in the middle of the path in order to get to the beach. But we eventually got to the soft grainy sand that was the beach. I slipped my flip-flops from my feet and set them underneath a palm tree close to the path. Justin did the same. We walked hand-in-hand to the shore of the beach where the waves were crawling up as the tide came in. The water was warm from the hot sun beating on it during the day and felt good on my feet. I waded in deeper letting go of Justin’s hand and pulling up my dress so that it wouldn’t get wet. I was half way up to my knees when I felt Justin wrap his arms around my waist from behind me and put his head on my right shoulder nuzzling my neck. I folded my arms over his stroking his arms with my hands. I craned my neck to the right so that I could receive a kiss from my loving boyfriend. He met my lips with his and didn’t disconnect for a long while. When we finally did, we looked forward to the view displayed in front of us. The gorgeous hews of pinks, purples, oranges, yellows, and reds decorated the sky over the brilliant blue ocean.

I then got an idea and pulled away from Justin and walked up to the sand pulling my feet out of the water. When I found a spot that had semi-wet sand and the waves not being able to catch that part, I bent down tracing my fingers into the sand. I drew a large heart that was able to fit writing into it, and then wrote Justin’s and my name into it. Justin came up and looked at what I traced into the sand. I walked closer to him and placed my hands on his face and kissed him profoundly. I pulled away abruptly then and ran down the length of the beach with Justin soon chasing me. Once he caught me around the waist he tackled me to the ground lightly. I burst out laughing and he did, too. When we finished our laughing outburst we looked intently into each others eyes. He leaned down to kiss me on the lips fervently. When he broke the kiss, he whispered, “I love you, Sienna,” and kissed me on the cheek. He rolled off of me and lay down in the sand next to me. I lifted my head up onto his chest, contentedly closed my eyes, and rubbed his stomach lifting up his shirt a little bit to feel his soft skin. He let out a quiet, pleased sigh as I did that.

We got up from the sand a little bit later, when the sun was almost fully set behind the horizon. We started walking back towards the path to go back to our condo. As we passed the heart that I traced into the sand, Justin bent down and added ‘Forever’ at the bottom of our names. I smiled and kissed him again on the lips. I entwined our fingers and continued our way across the beach to the path. When we reached the palm tree where we set our flip-flops, I bent down and got mine and Justin’s, handing him his and slipping them on our feet. We made our way through the path with the branches and roots everywhere and walked across the golf course to the lanai of our condo.

Justin and I walked to our bedroom inside the condo and changed into some sleepwear. It was too hot to wear anything else but light shorts and tank tops. I turned on the air conditioner on medium-high and opened a window to get air flow through the room. I also pulled the comforter off the bed so that just the sheets were on. I pulled my hair up into a bun to get it from sticking to my sweaty neck and crawled into the bed with Justin. Although it was unbearably hot in the room, I still scooted into his embrace. We both whispered a ‘good night’ to each other and I added an ‘I love you’ to mine. I closed my eyes thinking about how many exciting events would take place the next day, looking forward to all of them and soon fell asleep listening to the chirp of the night geckos and the light snore of Justin’s sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
i love maui sooo much... best place in the world. i enjoyed writing this chapter when i wrote a long while ago.