Status: Finished :D

U Smile... I Smile

First Day in Paradise

Justin and I started the morning fairly early. The sun was raised fully at 8 o’ clock in the morning and we got up at 8:30. I was up before Justin and in the middle of making breakfast for the both of us when he woke up.

We talked about what we wanted to do for the day over eggs, bacon, and Pog. I suggested not driving anywhere, but instead walk around what the town of Kihei had to offer us and maybe go to the beach for a little bit. Justin agreed to that, so we did the dishes and got dressed. I changed into my zebra bikini and a halter blue mid-thigh length sundress, Justin picked it out for me in his favorite color. I didn’t bother with make-up at all, in case we decided to go to the beach and swim. I let my hair do its own thing which decided to curl with the high amount of humidity in the air. I grabbed my favorite pair of sunglasses from my suitcase outside pocket. They weren’t the typical big bug-eyed sunglasses that covered your whole face like all the other teenage girls wear. Mine were perfect for my small face and I loved them.

I actually finished getting ready before Justin which happened to be a surprise because usually he has to wait for me at the most of ten minutes. So to pass the time, I got my small tote bag, put a couple of towels in it for going to the beach if we did, some money that my mom gave me, and a few water bottles to keep us hydrated for our walk. After I packed my bag, I out it by the door so that I wouldn’t forget it and went out to the lanai and sat in one of the chairs that was there and looked at the view of the appealing ocean behind the golf course and palm trees. I heard the slide of the door and Justin came out. He stepped in front of me, bent down and gave me a kiss, then helped me stand up when I held an arm out to him to grab.

“Are you finally ready?” I asked him.

“Yeah, I thought you’d take longer so I took a shower. Then I had to do my hair and get dressed. Sorry.”

“No, it’s fine. I didn’t do much with my appearance today, I just got dressed and let my hair do whatever not bothering with make-up at all. So do I look okay?” I said unsure.

“Sienna, you look stunning,” he told me then kissed me gently on the lips, “As always.” He took my hand in his and pulled me back into the condo then out the door. I grabbed my bag before we walked out the door though and slung it on my shoulder. We walked towards the exit out of Maui Kamaole and onto the sidewalk leading to the center town of Kihei. We passed many parking lots for beaches on our way with little shacks to rent beach gear like body boards, umbrellas, beach chairs, snorkeling gear, and surf boards. I knew we would end up renting some of those things for when we spent a day at the beach and I was looking forward to that day, whatever day it would come.

I could tell we were getting closer to the central part of the town as we passed by the grocery store. A little bit later, we passed a few shops in a mini strip mall. I pulled Justin with me as I walked up. I wanted to go to all the stores, so I started at a store that was on the end and decided to go all the way around. The first store was an art shop. I looked at all the island artwork with the wonderful hues of watercolors. Justin wasn’t much into it as I was, so I soon left tugging him along. But I promised to come back to get some of my favorite pieces that I saw. I could get some pictures for my mom and Pattie as souvenirs. The next shop was a candle and bath oil shop. It was one of my favorite types of stores other than clothing. They had the biggest selection I’ve seen yet- full with bath fizzers, massage oils, bath oils, lotions, candles, and other goodies. It smelled like heaven in here, but I saw Justin’s face scrunch up with the rich scents filling the air. He stood by the open door of the shop to get fresh air while I looked around. I was in the massage oils section when I smelled one that I really liked, vanilla with a hint of cinnamon.

“Justin! Come here for me please.” I called over to him. He came over without a fight. “What do you think about this scent?” I held out the bottle. He leaned in a put his nose to the top to smell it.

“Mmm, you should get it. I actually like it.” Justin grinned.

“Okay, I will. Maybe you can give me a rub-down with it tonight.” I gave a flirtatious smile and he just gave a wink back at me. I walked over to the cash register and purchased the bottle of massage oil and walked out of the store to where Justin was waiting for me on the sidewalk. I held his hand as we walked to the next shop. It turned out to be Roxy; Justin came into the store with me but left me to go to the women’s section. I was just browsing around at all their beach clothes, but I didn’t need anymore since I got a whole bunch before we left for vacation. So after looking at everything, I walked over to where Justin and an employee were conversing. I wasn’t listening to what they were fully talking about, but I heard the words ‘skateboard’, ‘surfing’, and ‘gear’ in the conversation. I just waited patiently until they were done.

“Hey, did you get anything?” I heard Justin ask and looked at him and saw that the other guy was gone. I shook my head. “Oh, well do you want to get anything?”

“No, but are you?”

“No, I was just talking to him about skateboarding. He said it was a lot like surfing, so I think I’m going to try it. Wanna do it with me? He referenced a good place that offered lessons.”

“Yeah, sure. Sounds like it’ll be fun.” I smiled.

“Cool.” He kissed me on the cheek and then pulled me out the store.

We went to all the other stores that were there. We went to a swimwear place, a couple more art shops, snorkeling gear rental place, and some other clothing stores. I ended up just getting two more things- a bikini with a matching sarong from Maui Swimwear that Justin picked out for me and wanting to buy for me. It was blue and purple swirl color with black embroidered mini hearts on the top, the bottoms just had the swirl color with a black mini ruffle skirt and a medium sized heart on the right side of butt.

After that, I was done shopping for the day and decided to move about with our plans.