‹ Prequel: Stay With Me

You've Made Your Bed

Chapter Two

“Josh” I mumbled giving him a weak smile and then turning back to keep an eye on Zacky. Max, Matt and Chris were staring at him intently, each and every one of them with smiles on their faces. “Look, I really have to go” I sighed, I pushed the trolley hoping to get around them, but of course they weren’t going to allow it.

“You can’t go” Josh cried quickly his arm coming out to grab my arm and stop me from moving. I spun around on the ball of my feet and stared at him with a frown.

“Get over it Josh” I scowled, I could see tears forming in his eyes, “It’s been over two years! I don’t love you anymore!”

“Y-you don’t?” Josh whispered, the tears were now falling down his face. I hated seeing him cry. Everything I had just said was a lie; I could never stop loving him. I was still in love with him and would keep loving him – till death do us part. Josh and I had never gotten a divorce, instead I just took the ring off my finger and tried my hardest not to tell people that I was Mrs Franceschi.

I had kept a close eye on You Me At Six using the internet, and I saw that in every one of their pictures, Josh had his wedding ring on. He’d never given up on me. “No Josh. I don’t love you anymore” I spoke softly, Josh nodded and twisted around walking out of the supermarket.

“Well done” Chris remarked sarcastically.

“I don’t need your bullshit Chris” I growled, he frowned at me and walked closer.

“You don’t need my bullshit? We don’t need yours Lauren! That boy’s been moping around for years and you just push him away? AGAIN? You didn’t even introduce him to his son for fucks sake” Chris yelled, I could see that Zacky was about to start crying.

“Stop yelling Chris, you’re going to make my son cry” I snapped, I pulled Zacky out of the trolley and held him into my chest, his fist balling and grabbing hold of my top. “If all you’re going to do is yell at me, I’d like it if you’d kindly stand to the side and let me leave” I said glaring at him.

He scoffed, “You deserve to be yelled at. You crushed J-” Chris started.

“Just leave it Chris, if she wants to be a little bitch let her. Let the little druggie continue to be selfish” Matt retorted, I stared at him in disbelief. Max, Dan and Chris froze, their gaze flicking between Matt and myself.

“You promised me Matt! YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULDN’T TELL ANYONE!” I yelled, I carefully put Zacky back into the trolley and forcefully pushed it succeeding in whacking Matt with it on the way out of the isle.

“Aww, are you going to shoot up you dirty murderer?” Matt smirked, he knew he’d gotten to me, “Your Dad and El are probably looking down on you and wishing they had nothing to do with you when they were alive – you probably drove them to suicide”.

I let go of the trolley and stomped over to Matt, “FUCK YOU BARNES” I screamed jumping on him and instantly throwing my fists in his face trying my best to hurt him, once I heard a crack I felt satisfied but continued. Arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me off Matt. I rotated the top of my body slightly so I could see who the arms belonged too. Alex. I thrashed around desperately trying to break free, “LET ME GO!”.

“You’re going to get yourself arrested. Think about Zacky” Alex hushed, I turned around and fell in his arms, allowing myself to start crying. He hugged me tightly running a soothing hand through my hair.

“Matt, I’ve called an ambulance, just go wait outside” Max sighed, I felt Matt and the others looking at me as they walked past mine and Alex’s tangled bodies. I pulled away a couple of minutes later to see Josh with his arms crossed.

“You think it’s okay to beat my friends up?” Josh questioned, I rolled my eyes at how pathetic he was being.

“Grow up Joshua. I wasn’t beating him up, I was pissed off, not because he’s your friend but because he betrayed my trust as a friend. So fuck off until you know the actual story” I said, I had to stop myself laughing at my attitude.

“Grow up? You can’t go getting into fights when you have a ki-” Josh trailed off and started to look around for the trolley. His eyes stopped scoping the room when he laid eyes on our perfect son, “That’s our baby?” Josh whispered, I could feel the happiness that was obviously there in his eyes.

“Yes” I nodded, I paced over to Zacky and picked him up, he wrapped his legs around my waist, his arms around my neck and then dug his head into my arm. I waltzed back over to Josh, “Zacky baby, this is Josh” I smiled as Zacky cautiously turned his head to the side to allow himself to see Josh, Josh gave a sweet smile at Zacky.

“Hey little man” Josh grinned, he looked as though he was going to explode with excitement. “I’m your d-” Josh started to introduce himself to Zacky but I didn’t want to let him.

“Josh is your uncle” I smiled, Josh gave me a hurt look but I only frowned. Alex and Jack were watching cautiously in the distance, stealing kisses from one another every once in a while.

“What are you doing?” Josh frowned.

“Chances are he won’t see you again so I’m not getting his hopes up”

“Can I hold him?” Josh asked, he held his arms out expecting me to lay Zacky in them. I sighed and nodded before handing Zacky to Josh. “Hey Zee” Josh smiled, he bounced his son gently in his arms, Zacky giggled lightly.

“We have to go now Josh” I Sighed, he stared at me like I had five heads.

“I’ve just met him and you’re already leaving?” Josh scoffed, “No wonder Matt got annoyed with you”. I rolled my eyes.

“I’m not arguing with you Josh, if I want to go, I want to go. You cheated on me, you can pay the price”

“The price of my son not having a dad?” He growled quietly so only I was able to hear, “That’s so fair on our fucking son isn’t it”.

“Watch your language” I retorted, “You don’t deserve to know him, he’s a lovely boy but you’ll just crush him like you did with me”.

“Real mature, still holding onto the past! How can I get you to forgive me?” Josh was practically begging at this point, his son still in his arms.

“You can’t Josh. I want nothing more to do with you, I told you two years and three months ago. I hate you. You’re nothing to me” I grabbed my son out of Josh’s arms and walked out of Wal-Mart ignoring the calls from Alex, Jack, Josh, Max and Dan and the stares from Chris, Matt and random people.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short, i'm falling asleep as we speak.
NEW COMMENT = NEW CHAPTER.
I promise i'll make the next one longer.

Subscribe and comment (: <3