Beneath The Moon

Life::Risk It All[24]

The next day was the very first day of my life that I ever received a piece of mail. With my own name on it.

The school called Margret before we could get a chance to talk to her. Her response? “This is your own damn fault.” She left with a bottle of pills and whiskey, and left us with guilty consciences. Meanwhile, instead of feeling sorry for ourselves, I decided to preoccupy my time by enrolling Holly in an online course to get the last required credit that she needed.
While I typed away on Holly’s lap top, she walked outside to get the mail.

“Elliott?” Holly called from the front entryway. I scooted away from the desk and spun around several times in the spinny-chair. “What is it?” I answered back. She walked into the room and plopped down into my lap. She held a letter up to my face. The print looked like it was written in blood.

___________________Elliot Kazmer
_________________Holly Loralei
_________________Las Vegas, Nevada


There was no address. Just our city and state. That’s weird…I thought. I turned it over and opened it carefully. I unfolded the letter that was inside. It was on a purple sheet of paper, with the same type of writing.

____Dear Mr. Kazmer and Miss Loralei,
________You are cordially invited to a house party hosted by none other than the infamous Raoul Ulric. He recommends you wear boots.


Boots? That was…beyond random. And who was this Raoul guy? I had never heard of him. I looked at Holly. She was just as confused as I was.
“Have you ever heard of this guy?” Holly asked. I shook my head. “Well…let’s just throw it away, then. It doesn’t even give his address.” I agreed with her and promptly tossed it in the trash can. I shrugged to myself. People in Las Vegas were odd.