Status: Comments, sub, rating, banners? :D

Beautiful Mysteries

Of Beautiful Mysteries

The sweet smells and the delicious aroma of fresh strawberries and mint was my favorite in the morning. Although, the French toast and sweet maple syrup was a close second for the mornings best senses. French toast and sunny side up eggs were among the best tastes for breakfast, but smells where a completely different subject. Jasmine candles paved with melted wax from previous use were set in rows along the hallway, until you reached the kitchen. Freshly cut strawberries with mint and chocolate syrup was a favorite snack amongst the Banks home, but I had a different plan for breakfast. And it wasn’t the first time I’d decided to go to Susan’s Handy Store either. I had gone many times before, and of course the luscious scent of summer’s newly bloomed blue flowers, freshly cut grass and the sharp scent of gasoline from a leaky car hit the top list of enjoyable smelly things in the morning.
My feet numbed with cold, for the sun hadn’t quiet tanned the sidewalk in sunshine yet, but it was a quick walk to the shop, and it’s not like I hesitated to make a dash. I ran across a few tattered fields of dirt, weeds, ant hills, and patches of grass, and skidded straight through the doorway. I quickly put on my heels I had been carrying, and took a breather from the rush. As usual, the place was buzzing, and it was no surprise. Susan’s breakfast burritos practically made up for half her income in her business, but I wasn’t going for a chicken wrap. Instead of ordering a tortilla crammed with shredded salads, mashed beans and chicken and steak, I was looking forward to a nice median lemon strawberry smoothie. My phone dinged, signaling Lynn. I bit my lip and read the message, seeing a lengthen apology, pretty well worded for Lindsey Fawn. Not knowing quiet what sure to do, to accept or to give another message using cuss words for every other word, I decided to put the message off. I remembered of Jace… of Austin. I tasted a tang of salt on my lips as I thought hard about it, how would I look at it? A headache sneaked its way into my brain right when a high pitched bell rang, signaling an order being fulfilled. As expected, my bright pink drink was chilling on the counter. I took a sip and experienced something among the combo of a sour blueberry, banana and strawberry flavor.
“I heard the Lime Pepsi slushies are better than the smoothies…” My head spun around, dazed, and my eye sight blurred for a split second when I saw Austin standing there. I swallowed hard on my latest sip of smoothie, and choked out, “Austin? What are you doing here?”
“Fancy meeting you,” he smiled and sat down with a hot drink chugging steam and fancied with some sort of cream on top. I nodded, “I was just going alone… you eat here?” He laughed, “Not usually, but I thought I might today, and I guess I knew what I was doing.” I gave a friendly smile, and felt my stomach gush. “Well I thought, if you weren’t doing anything, we could do something today. That’s why I came over…” He said. I thought that over, what could we possibly do? “Oh yeah, sure, I’m free.”
A few moments of silence passed, providing us time to drink our beverages. “What do you have in mind?” I asked after a few moments. He smirked, “I’ve got a good mind for bowling.” I looked up, “Really? That sounds fun… like a full out game or just for kicks?”
He shrugged, “I don’t mind. I go there every other week about, so I might be a little better than you.” Then he winked at me… and it sent me a thrill of competitive attitude. “You’re on; I bet I can double your score!” He laughed slightly, “You’d be surprised, I’ve got mad skills man.” I rolled my eyes, “Yes because it takes sheer genius to through a ball in a straight line and knock over some pins.”
“Psh, I’ll smoke you, barbeque you, fry you in cooking oil, and Kabob you.” He smirked under his cup.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short but I wanted to introduce the bowling thing as a seperate chapter. :) I will be hopefully updating throughout today, tomarrow, or sunday.