Maybe It's Real

Chapter Fourteen.

My head spins and I sit down on my bed. I put my head on my knees and hold my breath. My stomache churns and I breathe heavily. I hold my calves, gripping them with my fingers. I'm shaking all over. My moms screams echoed through my head. When the cops took James and when she held onto me. The words she shouted at James as he walked through the front door with be branded into my mind forever.

There's a knock on my bedroom door. I lift my heavy head and clear my thick throat.

"Come in." I say. My voice hoarse and stiff. The door creaks open, revealing tiny Melody. She looks scared.

"Stella, what's going on?" She asks. Her voice sounds so far away. I give her a hopeless smile.

"Everything is okay, Melody. I'm going to take a nap." I say gently. She nods, holding onto the doornob.

"Oh," She pauses,"Can I sleep in your room tonight?" She asks. I shake my head.

"Not tonight, Mel. Maybe tomorrow." I whisper. Melody looks at me. Her eyes dark and round. They well with tears.

"Okay." She says. She turns around slowly and walks out of my room. With shaking hands, I crawl under my covers and pull them above my head. I squeeze my eyes shut and try not to feel the stinging of the bitemarks.

*

The next morning I climb out of bed and blindly make my way into the bathroom. I shut the door and lock it. I put both hands on the counter in front of me and lean against it. My eyes are closed tightly, but tears press against the lids. The words I've been called the past years run through my head.

Fat. Ugly. Whore. Bitch.

I swallow and slowly open my eyes. I lift my head to I can see my face in the mirror. My eyes are sunken, my hair is stringy, my lips are chapped and I turn my head upwards and beneath my blonde hair is a red bitemark. It's healing, but you can see it perfectly. I cringe and let my hair fall and cover it. I stand up straight and stare at myself.

My skin is almost yellow. My hip bones jut out from beneathe my tank top. My ribs also. I shut my eyes with a grimance and take a deep breath. It's time for some changes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well,
+I've been so busy, I'm sorry.
+I'm not checking for grammer now, I will after my homework...or later.
+comments brighten my day.