Status: You want some? Come and get some...

The Sound of Pulling Heaven Down

Bloody Hell

Holly tried to look out the window to see who was at the front door but she couldn't begin to see. Taking a deep breath in she unlocked the door and opened it.

"Oh my god!" she gasped when a woman covered in blood stood there.

"P-please! Take care of my baby!" she said grabbing Holly's shoulders. Holly stood wide-eyed and shocked. She looked around to see no baby and tried to steady the woman.

"What is your name?" Holly asked.

"Don't let him get my baby!" she cried before she started falling backwards, Holly kept her from falling hard but couldn't keep her upright.

"Who? I don't understand what's happening!" Holly said in a panic. "Let me call for help!"

"There's no time! Her name's Saddie! Please take care of her!" the woman cried. She had been shot three times, once in the shoulder, in the chest, and then in the stomach. She had only minutes.

"I-I'm going to call for help!" Holly said before standing up quickly and running to grab the nearest phone which was the house phone and she quickly dialed 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"I need an ambulance! Or something! This woman has been shot! I don't know what to do!" Holly said near tears.

"Ma'am calm down. What's your name?"

"Holly Garner! My husband is a cop! I-I need help!"

"Mrs. Garner what's your address?"

"Why are you so calm!" Holly screamed into the phone before rushing back to the woman. "Oh god I think she's dead!" Holly said in a panic.

"What is your address Holly?"

"I don't even know her name! Oh god!" Holly hung the phone up and tossed it over her shoulder and kneeled down next to the woman who was not moving. She checked her pulse where a heart beat was beating extremly slow. "Don't die on me!" Holly cried out.

"Garner. A woman just called claiming to be your wife. She said a woman had been shot. Karen called back but no one answered. So were sending an ambulance out there and a couple of deputies. I'm sure you'd want to go to since it is your house." Officer Dan Hawkins said rushing into Adam's office. Adam's heart started pounding as he stood up quickly and grabbed his jacket and hurried out of his office rushing past the officer.

He rushed out to his SUV while dialing the house phone.

"He-hello?" Holly answered through her crying.

"It's Adam, babe what happened?" he asked calmly. She started to cry harder.

"I don't know!" she sobbed before he could hear sirens meaning one of the officers were near. "Please tell me you're on your way!" she cried.

"I'm five minutes away. Can you tell me what happened?" he asked.

"N-no!" she hiccuped.

"Well can you at least tell me you're okay? And I mean phsyically."

"No, I-I'm not hurt! Someone's here, please hurry!" Holly cried out before hanging up on him, sighing her drove even faster and arrived a few minutes after the ambulance did. He saw paramedics closing the back of the vehicle up and rushing around to get in. Holly was talking to Officer Joel Cropper and the second she seen him she ignored Joel and ran toward him.

"Oh Adam!" she cried out, he caught her as she ran into him and hid her face. It was still pouring down rain and she was now drenched in rain and so was he.

"Come on let's get to the porch." he said turning her and wrapping one of his arms around her shoulders. As he apporached the porch he saw blood trailing up the steps and ending in front of the door which the door bell had a bloody spot on it too. "Jesus Holly what happened?"

"Well your wife answered the door to have a woman begging her to take her baby. We aren't quite sure who she is, where she came from, or how she got shot. The woman was shot three times and barely alive when we got here. Paramedics just loaded her up and is taking her to the hospital now. Hopefully she makes it so we can question her some more."

"She said to protect her baby from him! I don't know who he is!" Holly added as she remembered.

"Honey calm down. We'll get it all figured out, why don't you head inside and get dried off and cleaned up?"

"NoOo! Don't leave me!" she said hugging him quickly and hiding her face again. She knew what he meant by telling her that.

"I'll head to the hospital and you can stay here and take care of her. I'll call you as soon as I learn anything new." Joel said. Adam knew better then to leave his wife.

"Alright, thanks. Holly you head inside I'll clean up out here."

"You aren't going to leave me are you?"

"No. I promise, just get inside before you catch a cold." he said before opening the door and giving her a little push to nudge her inside. She walked inside and he watched to make sure she was heading upstairs, she did and he shut the door. "Well this should be an interesting case. There's not any sights of blood other than whats on the porch, any other spots would have gotten washed away by the damned rain. Call the second anything new comes up." Adam growled.

"No problem dective. Now get inside and check on your wife, she's pretty shaken up." Joel said before walking towards his squad. Adam sighed and walked inside as well, it was going to be a long week.