Sequel: The Blue Scales

The False Vampire

Evernight

The weight of the sunglasses was a weird one. They pressed into my face, shielding it at least somewhat from the sun, however weak it may be.

However, despite the sunlight being weak, it flooded the hallways. As I walked through the halls, I felt the warm of the rays of the sun, but was ecstatic, as it did not burn me.

In a newly renewed good mood, I strutted down the halls, feeling as though I was on a high and never coming down.

A couple of people were strolling through the halls, a few waving and others greeting me by name. This only managed to help boost my confidence.

My entrance to the cafeteria was just like any other one; nobody paused to look, except for a few people, most likely looking for their friends. Once they caught sight of me, they turned their heads away, loosing interest.

Once more, like I did yesterday, I went and picked up an apple, as well as a banana. An empty table sat in the corner. As I settled into the chair, I took a bite into the apple.

Unlike the one yesterday, this one did not explode onto my tongue; it was not filled with the crisp freshness and cascade of juices. Instead, it was soft. A grimace made its way onto my face.

Flipping my hair back, I pulled out Evernight. The book had me enthralled, following Bianca’s movement with an almost eerie air. The only thing that shook me out of my revere was the tapping of a hard round object tapping on my knee.

My insides gave a lurch, the different sensation startling me. Without glancing upwards, I knew that Trinnean was focusing on me, on the sounds I made.

“What are you reading?” his voice was filled with amusement, though, as I looked up, his mouth was pulled down into a slight frown.

“Evernight”

“What’s it about?”

“Vampires”

“Vampires?”

“Yes” he smiled tightly in my direction. He gave me the impression of a person trying to look happy, but failing miserably.

I gave him a half smile, knowing that he could not see it. Beside me, a chair scraped backwards, the noise ringing in my ears. As my head turned, I saw Elisa. Her blonde mane of hair was piled on the top of her head.

The tips of her hair was soaked, stained a dirty blonde colour, curling slightly. Her eyes were lined in dark brown eyeliner, causing her eyes to look large and doll like on her face.

She wore the uniform, but differently than the day before. Her shoes were high-heeled ankle boots. It created the look that her legs were long and slender.

For a second, I felt jealousy course through my veins. She was perfect. No deformities scarred her. Woah. Wait a second, it is just who I am.

“What are you talking about?” Elisa beamed a smile at me, before turning her gaze on Trinnean. It dimmed slightly as she saw him, but then came out in full force again.

“Vampires” Trinnean’s voice lowered “In the book Evernight”

“Vampires are nothing like their portrayed in Evernight” Elisa stated it as a fact, picking up a straw and ripping off the paper, before stabbing it into her juice carton.

“What do you mean?” my voice was probing. Suddenly, Elisa sneezed. Juice spurted out of her nose and some of her hair escaped its confining.

Elisa began coughing, her eyes watering. Laughter bubbled up in her throat and she banged her fist on the table.

“Vampires have been mentioned all around the globe. In addition, they never have once, been described as they have in that book. It’s silly!”

I just looked at her. I am sure my face was branded with a look that told her I thought she was crazy.

“Well, I hate to break up this fascinating conversation, but the bell is about to-“ the soft noise that could make you go deaf called the bell rang “-ring” Trinnean shrugged and then began walking away.

Elisa and I just shared a common look. Guys suck sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, do you want to hear my LONG pitiful excuse why I haven't uploaded in... a week and a half?

Alright, first off - homework. It's time consuming and it sucks. Two, major test - again, it sucks. Three, I went to my first concert - it was Avenged Sevenfold and was bloody awesome. Four - my mum went to China for the next week. Lots of goodbyes. Five, guys are incapable of picking up after themselves, which leaves me to clean the house and wash the dishes.

Got the point yet?

I was very time consuming. So I really do apologize :)

Vote, Comment, Fan

Hate to do this but - 15 comments before I post the next chapter, or your waiting till next Sunday. Like mentioned before, at the moment my life is really busy and I cannot be continuously be posting chapters - or writing them. So, 15 comments.

Also, the prank 'competition' still stands. It stands until you read the prank happening :)

Love you