Status: Started 9/26/2010

Invisible Handcuffs

Fifteen

Forty five minutes and one McDonald’s lunch later, I had finished explaining the story to Usher. Throughout my tale of “A series of unfortunate events in Justin’s life” his expression was ever changing. Questions became more frequent as the story went on. Admittedly, it took me a while to tell the story. Usher was the last person that I wanted to inform about my series of unfortunate events. Telling him the car that he bought for me was stolen by a teenage girl was enough to shatter my ego, but telling him I made out with the same girl was simply disappointing.

As if things couldn’t get worse, Scooter was in the room when I confessed my unfortunate events. His reaction is one that I didn’t want to put into words. Needless to say, once I confessed to kissing criminal Scooter left the room to make a phone call. Though he missed the ending of the story that retold the events that led up to today, I knew that his reaction would be the same if he had heard the ending or not.

I pulled out my IPhone and began to roam twitter. I wasn’t paying attention to anything that was displayed on the screen. I was distracting myself from the look that Usher was giving me.

“JB”

I muttered a small yeah as I continued to scroll down my timeline. From the corner of my eye I could see him shaking his head. Suddenly he did the unexpected, he laughed.

“I have no words for you right now man. You never stop amazing me. Every time I think you’ve done something over the top, you manage to top it,”

My thumb stopped scrolling as I stared up at Usher in confusion. I didn’t know if he was being serious or trying to clear the air before he lectured me.

“What in the world is going through your head right now?”

I shrugged at his question. “A lot of stuff actually, it’s hard to place it. I really don’t know what to do about the situation,”

Usher nodded. “I wouldn’t know what to do if I was falling for the girl that stole my car either,”

“What?!?!”

I couldn’t have been more thrown off and appalled at his statement. Me falling for criminal, that couldn’t be further from the truth. I couldn’t stand her. If there was a list of people that I hated, she would be at the top of the list. In fact we hated each other. I could never fall for her. Criminal was a good kisser, nothing more.

He raised his brow at me. “Are you really going to sit here and deny that you have feelings for this girl,”

“There’s nothing to deny, I don’t like her. It’s the opposite, I hate her”

“Oh come on JB. You didn’t get upset until you saw her kissing another guy after she kissed you. I already know she’s your type because I’ve seen how you operate. Plus she’s one of the few girls that can actually give you a run for your money. Whether you want to admit it or not JB, you like her,” his appearance suddenly became serious “but be careful mixing business with pleasure,”

My eyes automatically shifted down to my phone. As if on cue, Scooter entered the room. He looked more disgruntled than he had when he left. His attention immediately shifted to me.

“Your personal assistant is done for the day. I told her not to come back for the rest of the day if she was going to bring drama with her.” He shook his head as he closed the studio door. “She shows up late, then pulls this. This could not be more frustrating. Get in the booth Justin you’re not off the hook,”

I slid my phone into my pocket as I stood up. Usher shook his head as he looked up at me. “Don’t worry, I’ll talk to him. She’ll be back,”

As I stepped into the booth, I surprised myself with the lack of objections that I had to Usher’s statement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me your thoughts on the situation so far. What do you think should happen between criminal and Justin? Should he mix business with pleasure or go back to the way things were?

Comment//Subscribe