Status: Started 9/26/2010

Invisible Handcuffs

Fourteen

The car was put in park and her door flew open. Before anyone could unfasten their seatbelts, the sound of the car door being slammed shut filled the air. Criminal stormed off. Through the tints of the windows I could faintly see the image of her quickly walking towards the building. Her dark brown curls bounced with each angry step that she took. I watched her until she opened the door, disappearing into the building.

Frustrated and angry, I ran my fingers through my hair. I dropped my head into my lap and groaned. Out of all the things that could happen to me, this was the most confusing. I had been dealing with confusing emotions for what felt like forever all because of her. It was as if her goal in life was to add stress to mine. Every time we had an interaction emotions ran high. It was impossible for us to have a simple interaction. The kiss made everything more difficult. Now it was more than just emotions running high. There were complications added to the equation.

“Uh, Justin. Is there something that we should know about?”

I didn’t flinch. There was no point in explaining this to them. They would be just as confused as I was and if they weren’t, I wouldn’t want their advice. Advice from my security was the last thing that I wanted to here. Besides, if I told them what was going on they might tell Scooter. If Scooter knew, who knew what he would say. He would go on one of his rants about me being professional and how this was a business agreement. He would talk about how this could affect my image and more nonsense that I didn’t want to hear about.

I sighed, unfastened my seatbelt and muttered a “No” before stepping out of the car making sure to grab my McDonalds. I walked towards the building ignoring the thoughts that were running through my mind. I was confused and angry. Who knew what I was capable of in this state, but I had to get it together before I went into the studio again. The last thing that I wanted to was go into the studio in the state that I was in now and have Scooter question me. I was trying to avoid interacting with people for as long as I could. Until I was back to my usual self, talking to anyone would be a risk I wasn’t willing to take.

But fate wouldn’t allow me to calm down. Fate wanted my mind to be filled with thoughts of criminal. I either had to be thinking about the kiss she had with me, the kiss she had with DJ, or how much I hated her. No matter the situation fate wanted my mind to be filled with thoughts of her.

And right now fate wanted me to be pissed.

As if on cue DJ’s white Lamborghini pulled up in front of the studio. My face twisted into a snarl in less than a second. The window rolled down revealing his smirking face.

“Well, well, well if it isn’t the pretty boy pop star and he’s walking. Awe what’s wrong; is the little pop star afraid that he’s going to get his car stolen again?”

My nostrils flared “Shut the hell up”

“And what are you going to do if I don’t,”

The front door to the studio opened as criminal stepped out. She looked between me and DJ before rolling her eyes. “Of course this happens,”

“And where the hell are you going?” I yelled. I could see my security quickly running over to me out of the corner of my eye.

I couldn’t have been more infuriated. Why would she invite him back here after what had just happened. Was she this vindictive?

Her face quickly twisted to display her attitude. “Excuse me, who do you think you’re yelling at?”

DJ smirked as he shook his head. “Baby get in the car,”

“Baby?!?!” I dropped my bag as I yelled in shock. My eyes were darting back and forth between the two of them. This was impossible. This couldn’t be happening. There was no way in hell that they were–

“Wait,” she held her hand out as she stared at me, her eyes narrowed.

His head snapped immediately as he stared at her. “What did you say?”

“She said wait dammit” I snarled. I shifted my body so that I was facing him. By now my security had reached the scene and was standing behind me. “Actually, why don’t you just drive the fuck off and not come back”

“Bitch don’t think I’m scared of some pretty boy and his fucking body guards. I’ll fuck you up right here. Don’t make me get out of this car”

“Sir, I think you need to leave the premises,” my security took a step towards his car. My fists were still clenched.

“I got this” criminal chimed in.

“No you don’t,” I snapped at her “You’re the reason why all this is happening,”

“Don’t blame this on me!! It’s your fault!!”

“My fault?!?!?”

“Get in the fucking car now!!” DJ yelled

“Sir you need to leave now,” security repeated

This was complete chaos. Everyone was yelling and trying to talk over each other. As I said before it was impossible for things to be simple when criminal was involved.

“”Is there a problem here?”

The voice made everyone stop talking. It was the last person that we expected to see, or hear. We had completely forgotten that he was stopping by the studio today.

Usher stood in front of us, security directly behind him, with a confused look plastered on his face. I could see it even behind his Ray Bans. I knew I was never going to hear the end of this.

As everyone stood in silence staring at Usher and his security, criminal dashed for the car. Before any sound could leave my mouth she was in the passenger seat of DJ’s car. He threw me one last smirk before speeding off. The sound of his tired screeching filled the air. Everyone’s attention quickly fell on me.

“So JB,” Usher began “want to explain what’s going on?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Haven't updated in Lord knows how long. I've been busy off and on so I don't write as often as I use to. However, I got a comment today from a reader and it reminded me exactly why I love writing on mibba. For you guys :) So I'm going to try to update as often as I can now.

The more comments & feedback I get the more motivation and inspiration I get.

Comment//Subscribe