Little Lion Man

Out with the Rangers

The rest of the month was a bit of a hustle after I also started coming to the away games with the team.
It was Monday and for the next week we were staying in Pittsburgh, which I was rather happy with. It was getting colder and winter seemed to come fast.

I took a sip of my coffee and ran my hand through my hair. It was just past four thirty. I got out of my seat took my purse and locked my office. The game started at seven and because I had already checked all the journalists at the 3 p.m. conference I had nothing to do until the end of the game.

I was really exited for the game and couldn’t wait to see all my old friends because today the pens where playing the New York Rangers.
I drove home, took a shower and dressed in a nice suit, but also packed a bag with more comfortable clothes, since I had promised the Ranger boys to go out with them after the game.

When I re-entered the arena it was already packed, the game was to start in half an hour.
I sat in the box with Mario and we talked a bit about my relationship with the Ranger boys. Mario and I had become friends and I was also close with Natalie since the whole Lemieux family and I had a dinner at my place.

When Marc got his goal I couldn’t contain my smile, but one look at Mario and I quickly sat down again. “Summer, you can still be for the Rangers.” He laughed and I smiled. “Its not that I don’t like the pens. But the Ranger guys are my friends, my best friend plays for them and their still my favorite team.” He put an arm around me and gave me a fatherly hug.

“As long as you get this exited for us when we play any other team, there is no problem between us.” I smiled up at him and we kept watching the game. The pens lost 3-2 in overtime and I did feel a little sad, though I knew there had to be a winner, I would have liked to have a draw.

I let the journalists into the locker room of the pens and then went to check on the rangers. The moment I walked into the room I was picked up and spun around. Then, it seemed, I was passed from arm to arm till I landed in Marc’s arms. To the outsiders it might have been weird, but to all of the staff and players of the Rangers it was totally normal that we kissed. No make out or anything, just a small kiss on the lips.

“You scored.” He nodded and gave me another hug. “Sum, god I missed you so much.” I had to laugh, since we talked on the phone almost every day. We talked for a little while and then I let him get ready. I walked back to the Pens and waited till most of the reporters had disappeared and then walked up to Max and gave him a hug. He was already showered.

“You going out with me and the guy’s?” He nodded. “But not that long.”
When I had told the guys that they’d win the next time, as I always did after a loss. I went to hug Kris as well, who was still in his wet and sweaty shirt. Then I went to my office to change.
Marc called Jordan and he said he would meet us at some club, Max had recommended.

The bar was cozy and pretty much empty, except for the occasional biker and the bar tender. We all pushed tables together. I sat in between Marc and Max while Kris and Brandon Dubinsky sat infront of me. Most of the Ranger boys had come but only Max, Marc-Andre, Sidney, Kris, Jordan, Evgeni, Eric and TK tagged along.

“Alli what do you wanna have vodka or Tequila?” I smirked at Marc and stood up walking over to the bar. I ordered six vodka shots and took the tray over to the table. The Ranger boys started yelling and hooting when I lined three shots in front of Marc. I sat down on Brandon’s lap and set the other three shots in front of me. Everyone went quite and Sean started counting down from five. When he was on one, Marc and I started chugging one after the other shots. I picked up my last shot when I heard Marc hit his third glass on the table.
I placed my glass on the table and nod to him. Everyone was still quite. “Up. On the table. Hot Mess Cobra Starship.” I nodded and with the help of Kris and Max I got onto the table. “Yeah Baby.” I laugh at Sean who started whistling and clapping. While I sang I danced and the cheering got louder till I finished. I held my hands out to Max and Marc and took my old place.

“What was that about.” Max asked when I was seated and we had all ordered a round of beer. “Marc and I have this game. When the rangers win we get the amount of goals they score in shots, vodka or tequila and who ever finishes them first gets to decide on a song the loser has to sing. And let me tell you it kinda sucked when they won 8:2 against the Oilers yesterday.” Max started laughing and Geno yelled “That why you so grumpy this morning.” I nodded and the rangers started laughing at me.

“Alli we have seen you chug much more than 8 shots and you were always the one person that seemed the most sober.” I shrugged my shoulders. “I guess Tequila isn’t my best friend any more.” We all laughed and for the rest of the evening we were making fun singing and dancing till the barkeeper threw us out.

“Why do they call you Alli?” I was in the car with Jordan, the designated driver. “My second name is Allison.” I looked at him, surly a goofy smile gracing my lips. “And how come you’re so close to Dubinsky, Avery and my brother?” I smile a bit thinking about the three. “Well Brandon is my ex-boyfriend who I think still has a crush on me. Sean is like an overprotective big brother to me and your brother is my best friend in the whole wide world.”

“I though Max was your best friend.” I let out a barf and started giggling and soon Jordan joined in. “He is. But I never dated your brother and we have a promise and I met him in a total different time in my live so, I have two best friends.” Jordan nodded and I looked over at him. He was frowning and seemed to have a tight grip on the steering wheel.

“What’s that promise?” I closed my heavy eyes and answered in a small voice. “That if we are not married by forty, we’ll marry each other.” I opened one eye and looked at Jordan. His knuckles where turning white. I placed my hand over his and felt him relax almost instantly. “You don’t have to be jealous.” Then I passed out.

I woke up while Jordan was carrying me into my house. “How did you get in?” He looked down at me and laid me into my bed. “I looked into your purse and found your key’s.” I just nodded and pulled the blanket up to my neck. “Thank you Jordy.” I smiled. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. I heard a “Your welcome Alli.” Before I passed out.

***

The next morning I woke up with only a light headache and after taking a cold shower and an aspirin I was on my way to the Console. I stopped by at Starbucks and got a mocca and took another aspirin. When I got into my office one of the interns put a pile of public appearance files on my desk.

There was a knock on my door and when I looked up Jordan stood in front of me. “Hey Alli. How are you doing?” He sat in the chair in front of my desk and gave me a grin. “Pretty good thanks for asking.” I leaned my head on to my left hand and looked at him. He had his wet hair under a penguins cap and a grin that could melt the North Pole.

“Are you gonna be here for the game tonight?” I nodded rubbing my eye’s and yawning. He laughed a bit and then stood. He towered over me and gave me a small peck on the cheek. Fireworks, like the 4th of July was being celebrated, started erupting in my stomach. I couldn’t help but grin from ear to ear. “I’ll see you tomorrow night then.” I nodded and checked out his ass as he marched out of my office.

‘God, what am I getting myself into?’ I sighed and went back to my paper work.

“Mon Chéri! You wanna do something tonight?” I looked up as Max let himself drop into the chair Jordan had left half an hour ago. “Sure, but nothing big. Movie at my place.” He nodded and stood again. Like Jordan he gave me a kiss on the cheek and left. At the door he turned and yelled. “Je vais porter le vin.” (I’ll bring the wine.) I nodded and blew him a kiss.

***

Max and I where sitting on my couch talking about the time he and I pulled a prank on Frank when I lived with them. When we where alone and knew no one was joining we talked French and it reminded me so much of the time when we where young.

“So, Summer.” Max said in a serious voice. “Uh oh.” I smiled and placed my glass on the table. “Why did you come to Pittsburgh. Not that I mind, just, you seemed so comfortable with the guys yesterday, why would you ever want to leave them?” I turned fully to him and placed my hands in my lap.

“When I had just broken up a few month with Brandon, I met a guy. He was great, Canadian, good looking, smart and he was working for a big agency. He was mister Perfect. So we dated, I moved in and after half a year I found out he was cheating on me.” Max pressed my fingers in reassurance and nodded. “So I asked him about it, I wanted to hear his side of the story. Be sure before I judge. And then he totally flipped out on me. Calling me out, saying I was having an affair with half of the Rangers anyway and that I was a total whore.”

I felt a tear slip down my face. “I really loved him Max. I would have spent my whole live with him in a heart beat” Max nodded and pulled me into him. I slung my arms around his shoulders and sniffed a bit before whipping my eyes and leaning back to the couch. “And when I packed my stuff he hit me.” “He did what?” I nodded and noticed how Max turned red. “That asshole I’ll kill him.” I took his face in my hands. “Max. He got beaten up by Sean Avery and Brandon Dubinsky I think he needed plastic surgery.” We stared at each other and then started laughing.

“I’ll never let that happen to you again.” I hugged him again. “Thanks Maxime.” We talked a little more and then I started asking him about his love live.
“Meh.” He shrugged and I laughed. “Womanizer Maxime Talbot doesn’t have a special someone in his live!” He pushed me a bit. “I just feel like I’m getting to old for all that sleeping around. I wanna find someone that I can wake up to and love with all my heart.” I sighed and took another sip of my wine.

“Someday, some girl is going to walk into you’re live and you will never feel the same again. I promise.” He smiled and we clinked our glasses. “I think you like Jordan.” He stated and I tried to give him a look that said ‘are-you-kidding-me?’ but Max knew me too well. “I saw you check out his ass when he left your office today.” I felt the blush rise on my cheeks and buried my head into my arm.

“Summer. Be careful with him. I know you and Marc are like siblings, but Marc is nothing like his brother.” I raised an eyebrow and motioned for him to elaborate. “For one he is a total womanizer and sometimes I have the feeling that he is more of a slut than me.” He grinned “And that is hard to beat.” I snorted and sipped on my wine. “Second, I think you should know, he has a girlfriend.”

I don’t think Max heard it, but the minute those words left his lips my heart broke a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRRY for the long wait. I have almost no time at the moment, but I'll try to post again as soon as possible!

Here the pics:

Game-suit:
http://www.polyvore.com/pens_rangers_game/set?id=25615175

Going out:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=25615848

Working:
http://www.polyvore.com/working/set?id=25641590

At home with Max:
http://www.polyvore.com/lounge/set?id=25641744

Song:
Hot Mess- Cobra Starship:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXBFun0ijYQ