Little Lion Man

Marc and Adele

I looked up from my paper work and saw Jordan walk into my office casually. He sank into the chair in front of me and gave me his Staal smirk.
“What?” he shrugged and took my tea, taking a sip and placing it right back where it had stood.

“This is the first time I have ever seen you in the Console with casual clothes on.” His smile made my heart swell and his blue eyes sparkled when he noticed my blush.
“We’re flying to New York tonight and I don’t feel like uncomfortable clothes.” He nodded.

I went back to my paperwork and after signing the last form I tuned off my computer. And grinned up at Jordan, who was still watching me.
“What’s up Blondie? You’re awfully quite today and you’re here… its your off-day and its Saturday.” I stood and packed things I’d need in New York.
“You're here…” we walk out of my office and I close up. “I forgot some stuff on Friday, I guess I was to exited to see the hottest Staal.” I laughed as he punched me in the arm.

Beginning of November he had broken his hand while training. I drove him to the hospital and called Linda to tell her what Jordan had.
What had made me a little angry was the fact that Heather, his girlfriend, hadn’t shown up when I had spoken on her voice mail and she was also MIA at the first operation.

“Hey, I’m only speaking truth. Marc is one sexy beast….” We went to my car and drove to a little café Max had taken me a couple of times. The way to the café was silent and my radio was playing.

“One cinnamon tea for me, please.” I smiled at the girl who was shaking and staring at Jordan. “A Latte Macchiato, please.” She nodded and almost ran to the counter. “So tell me Jordan. What’s on your mind?” He leaned back and relaxed into the chair. His hair had grown and was falling around his face, which made me think about how I liked his short hair much more.

He shrugged and ran his hand through his hair. “Don’t give me that, its 3 p.m. on a Saturday. You should be at home with Heather and not hanging out with your workaholic team PR manager.” He smiled a little.
“I had a huge fight with Heather and she stormed out of the house. I haven’t been able to reach her and when I do I have no idea what I should say to her.”

The waitress came back with our drinks and placed them in front of us.

“Jordy, I have no idea what to tell you. I guess the first thing you have to do is think about what you want and why you had a fight in the first place.” I felt weird; giving the guy I had a huge crush on advice how to work things out with his girlfriend. I know it might sound selfish but I felt a little happy that they were having a fight.

He nodded and took a sip of his latte. I waited for him to tell me more. I was itching to know what the fight was about, but I felt it wasn’t my place to ask.
“She wants to marry and she is waiting for me to propose.” I wanted to scream ‘NOOOO’ but held myself back and just gave him an encouraging nod. “Its just that I don’t want to settle down yet. Its not that I don’t love her its just, I feel we aren't in love any more.”

“Have you told Heather how you feel?” He shook his head. “Maybe you should tell her how you feel and listen to what she has to say and then you have to look at what’s gonna happen. I’m sure you too can settle it. And I guess if you really don’t feel comfortable with her, maybe you should take a break. I’m not saying go ahead and dump her.” He nodded and stared off to space.

We drank our drinks silently and talked about the trip. It would be his fist game after all the surgery and just before the Winter Classic. When we finished I drove home and checked everything again, before reading through papers and planning some events to present the winter classic jersey’s

***

When we arrived in New York we went to the hotel to relax a bit before I drove down to Madison Square Garden and walked to the office of Glen Sather.
“Hey Glenn.” He was sitting behind his computer and smiled when I slandered over to sit in front of him. “Good afternoon dear. How are you?”

“Good, good. How are things here?” He shrugged and leaned back into his chair. “Not the same with out you. They boys miss you terribly.” I smiled. We sat there for a while, before I heard the team walk through the corridor. Glenn nodded, knowing I wanted to say hi to them.

I waited till they had all passed the door and then started running and jumped on Marcs back.

“Marcy-boo.” I yelled and screamed when I noticed he fell forward right into Sean who fell in to Dubinsky and in the end Brandon Prust was the wall everyone seemed to fall into.

“Summer!” He yelled and picked me up jumping up and down. In his arms I felt like a feather and had to smile. How come I suddenly felt so at home in his arms?
I decided to push my thoughts away and gave him a kiss. I said hi to all the other members of the team and we all had a little chat in the changing room before they went to warm up.

I drove back to the hotel and got changed. After the game Marc and I where going to diner together and I hadn’t felt as exited in weeks. I did have a dilemma at hand. If I did feel more than friendship for Marc, what was I going to do about the feelings to Jordan? I was walking to the Arena when I saw a familiar face in the waiting line.

“Adele?” I walked up to my former neighbor and embraced her as she pulled me towards her. Adele was twenty three, had light brown hair and grey eyes. She always had a tan and I always thought she was stunningly beautiful.
She was tall and skinny but not too skinny. She worked as a journalist for the New York Times and had used to live two doors down from my apartment in the heart of Manhattan on 9th avenue.

“Summer, babe. How are you doing?” I smiled and pulled her out of the line. “I’m doing great. What are you doing here alone, where is Bill?” Bill, was her manager boyfriend for two year but the moment I mentioned his name her face fell. “We broke up a week ago and I needed to get out of my apartment, so I thought for old times sake I’d watch a good ol’ game.” We laughed and I led her to the box, where I’d be watching the game.

“Darling you stay here while I do my work ok?” She nodded and sat down looking onto the ice happily.

After the game I asked her to tag along with Marc and she and I agreed. I quickly walked to the hotel and changed while she did the same at her house and Marc at his. We all met back up at Ricardo’s a cozy little restaurant about five minutes from the hotel.

When I entered the restaurant I saw Adele and Marc sitting opposite to each other. I watched as he said something that made her giggle and him blush. I got the feeling that I would just be the third wheel so I quietly made my way back out the restaurant.

Quickly typing a sms to Marc telling him I couldn’t come and he should have fun with Adele. I also told him we’d have a nice lunch the next day before I left.
I looked up from my sms and saw I was at one of my favorite clubs. I entered and walked to the VIP section where I heard Maxime tell a joke and some of the pen’s boys sitting with him.

“Maxime, mon dieu!” I frowned. I had my hands on my hips and gave him a frown. Then burst out laughing at his dumbstruck face. When the rest of the boy’s noticed me they stared yelling and soon I sat between Max and Jordan.
IN a matter of seconds someone, who seemed to know my taste, had ordered a vodka red bull for me and the party could start.

The Rangers had won but that didn’t stop some of the boy’s to party hard. After a couple of hours I was pretty smashed on the dance floor rubbing up against Jordan, who was happy to get his mind off Heather and the fact that he had finally palyed in what seemed like ages, as he had told me.

The beat was thumping and sweat was dripping from my body, making my tight dress stick even more. I leaned against Jordan, when I suddenly felt everything spin. My legs gave out and suddenly everything was black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes Sunday:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=25776767

Going out in NYC:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=25777248

Working:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24032557