Little Lion Man

Break-up

Fresh air was pumping in to my lungs and I slowly opened my eyes. My head was lying against something soft and my legs where dangling over some sort of edge. Jordan was just carrying me to, what I presumed our hotel, as if I was a doll. I pushed my forehead against his chest and took a deep breath.

“Summer? How are you feeling?” Jordan’s voice was laced with concern and he stopped walking for a second. “Jordan, what happened?” I looked up into his bright blue eyes and noticed they where a bit glazed due to the alcohol still in his body.
“You fainted and I thought I’d bring you back to the hotel.” I nodded and then let my head fall against his chest again.

When we arrived at the hotel he let me down onto my feet and helped me into the elevator. I handed him my room key and he helped me into my room. I pulled my dress and shoes off. I didn’t care that Jordan was right behind me and I didn’t think I was the first woman who stood before him only in her lingerie.

I fell onto the bed and the moment my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

***

“And you’re as cuuuute-.” I pressed the snooze button of the dock and looked at the time. It was eight and we where leaving back for Pittsburgh at eleven.
I took a shower, got dressed and went into the lobby getting an aspirin and some breakfast.

When we were getting ready to enter the bus, after my small lunch with Marc, Jordan was by my side. “Hey Summer, how are you feeling?” I shrugged and leaned against him. “I feel okay, just a little headache.”

We arrived in Pittsburgh and I couldn’t wait to get a bath in my tub, in my home, with all my things. When the bath was full, with water and bubbles, I let my aching body glide in and smiled as my muscles instantly relaxed.

I was reading a book, still in the tub when my phone beeped, signaling an sms.

Sum, Adele is amazing. I’m going on a date with her tomorrow. Sorry I didn’t see you! Jordan told me what happened are you ok?
Love and hugs, your favorite Staal :D

I smiled and answered that it was just too much party and my body had said no more and that Adele was great. We send some more sms’ telling me his mom had invited me to Christmas again. I told him I’d call her and that he should stop worrying about me.

When my fingers and toes where al wrinkly I decided to get out of the bath and put on some comfortable clothes. Working on some things that I hadn’t finished for the presentation of the winter classic jersey and then calling Linda.

“Linda Staal speaking.”
“Hey Linda, its Summer.”
“Darling, how are you?”
“I’m great Linda, how about you and your two men?”

We both laughed, Linda was like my mother and a really good friend and we used to talk on the phone almost every day, but recently I had been so busy that I hadn’t found the time.

“Their great. I recon you talked to Marc then?”
“Yes, I’d love to come over, but I don’t want to be a burden.”
“Nonsense. You’ll fly in with Jordan and Heather and then leave with them again. I recon you have to work at the winter classic.”
“Sure thing.”

We talked a little while longer and then I hung up. The clock read four p.m. and my stomach grumbled. I started making some pasta, when my doorbell rang. I turned the music down a bit and went to open the door.

“Jordan?”

The large hockey player stood in front of my door, eye’s blood shot and white snowflakes lightly falling into his long blond hair. His bottom lip was quivering.
I opened the door further, that moment I didn’t care being that I was suddenly exposed to the cold. I pulled the tall Canadian into my arms and shhhhed him lightly as I pulled him into the house, closing the door, without letting him out of my arms.

I moved us to the living room and set him on the couch. He hadn’t said anything and I felt tears running down my neck. I pulled away lightly and took his face into my hands.
“Sweetheart, what happened?” He looked away and laughed lightly.
“I’m sorry Summer, I don’t even know why I came here.” I tuned his head so he was facing me. I whipped the tears that where falling down from his baby blues.

“Jordan, I’m your friend. No matter what, you can always come here when you need to get away from everything. Ok?” He nodded and took my hands into his great, but gentle paws.
“Heather broke up with me. She said she fell in love with someone else and that she could no longer-“ Jordan choked on his words and more tears fell.

I pulled him into another hug and rubbed his back. I wasn’t really sure how I could make him feel better. So I stood and pulled his jacket off.
“Ok Jordan. Here’s what we’ll do. You go lie down now. I’ll finish the pasta and make some tea. And then we’ll have a movie night and you’ll sleep here. Tomorrow we’ll do all the press for the winter jersey, you gotta look good for that right? And then we’ll go have a nice lunch and after wards we’ll see what we’ll do.

Jordan gave me a nod of acknowledgment and lay down on my couch after taking off his shoes. I stirred the long Italian noodles through the sauce and put out two plates on my small diner table. “Jordan, dinner is ready.” I called as I walked back into the kitchen to get the salad. When I returned he had put some pasta on each plate.

We ate in silence and then he helped me fill everything into the tiny dishwasher I had. We sat on the couch and sat in comfortable silence, while my music in the kitchen was still lightly playing. I looked at the tall man, that had turned into a sad kid in front of my eyes, only a couple of hours ago. I slightly pulled him into my side and he laid his head in my lap. We stayed like that for a while until he sat up and whipped his eyes.

“Let’s watch a movie.” I nodded and pointed him to the DVD’s. Making my way to the kitchen for a couple of snacks and beer. “V for Vendetta?” He called as I pulled a pack of chips out of one of my Ikea drawers. “Sure.”

Halfway into the movie Jordan placed his head back into my lap and I continued stroking his hair absentminded. When the movie was over it was eight at night and I felt like I hadn’t slept in days. I leaned forward and saw Jordan sleeping. I slightly nudged him and after a couple of light punches into his arm he looked at me all sleepy. “Lets get you to bed.” I smiled and helped him up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Flight:
http://www.polyvore.com/flight_to_pittsburgh/set?id=30121607
Home with Jordan:
http://www.polyvore.com/chapter/set?id=35735742

Sorry I haven't posted, but I had huge writers block, lots to do at school and didn't really know how to keep going. Now I'm hoping to be back and I'm guessing this story has about six to ten chapters left. Thanks for those who are reading! Comments and (positive) critisisme/ideas are very welcomed ;)
Hope you have a wonderful day!