Status: Finished.

I'll Be Your Safe Ride Home, When You Call Me

010

The next month went by in a blur. The guys were recording again, and I was at Jake’s house, having dinner.

He had gotten up to go get something from his room, when his phone went off. I, being the curious and nosey person I am, looked at it.

Hey babe, had fun the other night. Can’t wait to see you again<3

It was from Kari.

My heart instantly fell into the pit of my stomach, and I wanted to cry.

“Why do you have my phone?!” Jake growled, snatching it out of my hand. He took one look at the text, and then glared at me.

“Why the hell are you reading my text messages?!”

I bit my lip, “It went off, and you’re always reading mine for me….so I read it. Are you cheating on me with Kari?”

He huffed, “Why the hell would I do that, and when would I have time? I’m with you all the time or dancing.”

I shrugged, and decided it was time for me to go home.

I watched his eyes go dark as I gathered my stuff, and made my way to the front door. It scared me to be honest. He grabbed my arm, and spun me around to where we were face to face.

“Don’t you ever doubt that I love you Tally. After everything I’ve done for you, you still think I would cheat on you? It’s bullshit you don’t trust me, when those four guys are living in your house. I mean, shit, I’m probably the best you can get anyway. For a dancer, you sure are chunky.”

“Jake, where were you the other night when you said you were sick? You obviously weren’t home if Kari texted you and said she had a good time.”

All I felt was the stinging, and blood flowing into my mouth.

Jake backed away from me as he realized what he’d just done, and I stood there frozen to my spot.

“Tally-“

“No, save it. I’m going home.”

By the time I pulled into my driveway, my lip was bruised. It had stopped bleeding, and I took care of it as soon as I got inside my house.

I really don’t know if I should be pissed or upset. Jake has a problem. Something is wrong with him if he just snaps like that.

I heard the boys come into the house, and I quickly jumped into my bed, and pretended like I was asleep. I heard Alex coming up the stairs, as he talked to someone on the phone. The conversation was over by the time he reached my bedroom. The door squeaked open, and he bounded over to my bed.

“I wish you weren’t asleep, Sunshine. Have a good sleep.” He kissed me on the forehead and left my room.

I felt bad for playing opossum, but I really didn’t feel like seeing them right now. All I could think about was Jake, and how much I really did love him, but he was hurting me.

The next morning after I woke up, and had a shower, I went downstairs.

Alex was making breakfast.

“Good morning, sleepy head,” he called.

I just nodded, trying to hide my face from him. I knew he’d be pissed.

He slid a plate of pancakes in front of me.

For dancer, you sure are chunky.

I instantly pushed the plate away, and claimed I wasn’t hungry.

“That’s a lie. You haven’t eaten since you had dinner with Jake,” he accused.

I shrugged, “I’m not hungry.”

I chose to glance up at that moment, and I knew he saw my fat, bruised lip.

He walked over to me, and put his hands on my face.

“Sunshine, what did he do to you?”

“Nothing, I smacked my lip on the door. You know how fucking clumsy I am.”

“Yeah, I know you’re clumsy, but I’m not stupid.”

“Alex, drop it, I hit myself with the door.”

He was eye-level with me, and searching my eyes for the lie he knew I told.

Then he did something I wasn’t expecting.

He kissed me…..and I kissed back.

It was a slow, cute kiss, and he was mindful of my lip.

“Tally…I’m sorry,” he said, biting his lip.

I just shook my head, and slightly smiled, “It’s okay Alex.”

He just sighed and walked away.

Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit